Last Resort: Season One Ratings

ABC TV series Last Resort ratingsWill Last Resort finally bring ABC great ratings in its timeslot or will it be cancelled — like last season’s Charlie’s Angels remake? We’ll have to wait and see.

The first season of Last Resort typically airs Thursday nights at 8pm on the ABC network. The cast includes Andre Braugher, Scott Speedman, Daisy Betts, Robert Patrick, Daniel Lissing, Dichen Lachman, Camille de Pazzis, Sahr Ngaujah, Jessy Schrams, and Autumn Reeser.

Below are the TV show’s ratings for the 2012-13 season, the best way to tell if Last Resort is going to be cancelled or renewed for a second season.

Final series averages: 1.4 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 6.26 million total viewers.

Episode 01-13: Thursday, 01/24/13 (series finale)
1.2 in the demo (+20% change) with 5.48 million (+8% change).
Season averages: 1.38 in the demo with 6.26 million.

Episode 01-12: Thursday, 01/17/13
1.0 in the demo (-17% change) with 5.07 million (-13% change).
Season averages: 1.39 in the demo with 6.33 million.

Episode 01-11: Thursday, 01/10/13
1.2 in the demo (+20% change) with 5.81 million (+18% change).
Season averages: 1.43 in the demo with 6.44 million.

Episode 01-10: Thursday, 12/13/12
1.0 in the demo (-17% change) with 4.94 million (-9% change).
Season averages: 1.45 in the demo with 6.50 million.

Episode 01-09: Thursday, 12/06/12
1.2 in the demo (+20% change) with 5.44 million (+5% change).
Season averages: 1.50 in the demo with 6.68 million.

Episode 01-08: Thursday, 11/29/12
1.0 in the demo (-17% change) with 5.20 million (-9% change).
Season averages: 1.54 in the demo with 6.83 million.

UPDATE: ABC has cancelled the series but all 13 episodes are expected to air.

Episode 01-07: Thursday, 11/15/12
1.2 in the demo (-14% change) with 5.68 million (-5% change).
Season averages: 1.61 in the demo with 7.06 million.

ABC TV show ratingsEpisode 01-06: Thursday, 11/08/12
1.4 in the demo (+8% change) with 5.98 million (-8% change).
Season averages: 1.68 in the demo with 7.29 million.

Episode 01-05: Thursday, 10/25/12
1.3 in the demo (-24% change) with 6.53 million (-8% change).
Season averages: 1.74 in the demo with 7.56 million.

UPDATE: ABC has ordered two additional scripts.

Episode 01-04: Thursday, 10/18/12
1.7 in the demo (+6% change) with 7.06 million (+3% change).
Season averages: 1.85 in the demo with 7.81 million.

Episode 01-03: Thursday, 10/11/12
1.6 in the demo (-16% change) with 6.89 million (-14% change).
Season averages: 1.90 in the demo with 8.07 million.

Episode 01-02: Thursday, 10/04/12
1.9 in the demo (-14% change) with 8.00 million (-14% change).
Season averages: 2.05 in the demo with 8.66 million.

Last Resort TV show supportEpisode 01-01: Thursday, 09/27/12
2.2 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 9.31 million total viewers.
Season averages: 2.20 in the demo with 9.31 million.

Year-to-year, the network was up slightly but that’s not very encouraging when you consider ABC was airing the big bomb known as Charlie’s Angels. It was a distant third in its timeslot in the demo and a close third in viewers — behind The Big Bang Theory and Two and a Half Men on CBS and The X Factor on FOX. This is a tough timeslot but Last Resort clearly didn’t rise to the challenge.

What do you think? Do you like the Last Resort TV series? Do you think it should be cancelled or renewed for a second season?

Canceled and renewed TV show

162 Comments · Read them below or add one

• Anonymous says

I can’t believe last resort got canceled! It was the one show I looked forward to watching every week. It made my heart skip a beat, made me cry, made me wanna scream and mainly made me wanna come back for more! I go to school and that was the one good show that was on not to late at night!! When it ended I cried literally!!!! I’m a fourteen year old girl who loved that show and you have disappointed all the fans including me! It had action, romance, suspense and heartbeak all in one. It was the best show I have ever seen in my entire life!!!!!!

1. Rick Emerson says

Last resort was the best show ABC had ever seen. They had to tweek the last episode to make it a finale. But, there can always be a prequel, they mentions Sam Kendal was a prisoner and marcus and the crew saved him, could show that. I VOTE FOR SEASON 2 !!!

2. Joe says

ABC you SUCK! I faithfully followed this show and then you cancel it…leaving of course many loose ends you could have use for next season. Great acting and story…too bad.

3. DavidJ says

No wonder hardly anyone watches this lame-ass network. You get involved in something new, (Invasion, “V” to name a couple) and if it it is not a breakout hit despite suicidal time slots, these idiots at ABC cancel it. Last Resort was the best writing, acting, and characters on this crap network since “LOST”. I’m joining the rest if humanity and not watching ABC any longer. I’ll go the DVD route if they ever come up with something that last and people like. ABC.. You suck!

4. G Walker says

Sorry to think that Last Resort may not have a second season, as it was head and shoulders above some of the other crap that is Shown.

5. J. Hagadorn says

Great show … My vote is to keep it going … lots can happen after the return home. This will be sorely missed if truly taken off the air.

6. Justin Rand says

I must say that I.just watched the season finale again! As I had to work, but I agree with my fellow supporters! This show is the best new show on TV. I was counting on it to have not only a 2nd season, but many seasons after that! But it appears ABC is to stupid to see beyond 2 feet infront of their face, b/c if you look at the hard core #’s & facts. You’d see that the show came out of the gate with great momentum! Yet, as it began to pck up a following, around episode 4 or 5. The #’s went south right before & during the holidays. As if you should expect viewers to.watch at 8pm every thursday during the craziest month of the year! Yet, after the new year passed the numbers bounced back. With +20% gains vs. Expected ratings from demo. What ABC fails to see here is that they have a”Following” a loyal one! Thats more than most shows .could ever ask for! To keep up with the kings in their time slot. Especially this time slot! Which is due for a change. Two & a half men is on uts last legs! Big bang theory in its prime, but if you time her right. You could get great #’s in this slot with this TV show. You air two seperate seasons. One starts in Mid August, ends mid November. The other starts Mid February or March ends early june. Yeg, the big networks wont budge & try to beat FX & TNT at their own game. No they’re to soft for that! This show has great potential, keep it going, & people will continue to watch! More & more as time passes! Yet, you ended it by calling it cancelled. Thats clear from the finale. But you left questions to be answered, & way more story. I think Marcus Chaplin isnt dead, & ABc should know this, & show ither call my bluff & show us, or make a damn decision! This is what every American drwams of, atlwast today we do! B/c this country needs a evolution. Needs change! And we’d all like to be the onesto bring it in the right way! So let the show inspire people! Or float some more lame Charlies Angels Crap at us next fall!

7. ART W says

This show was fantastic. I pray that they re-new it.. The cast were great.even some of the newer faces held their own.iI looked forward to seeing it weekly.

• ART W says

This was one of the best new shows to come along in quite some time. Excellent writing. Why would ABC want to cancell a show that had so much potential? The show was no where near “burn-out”;especially when the chinese got involved. also, how can they keep us hanging when the president got shot? Too many un-answered questions in the story line. This show deserves a second season and more… We (the viewers) want to know why the president nuked Pakistan,and that he should be held accountable for.. great technical advisors too.

8. Kissmygritsifyoucancellastresort says

Abc network is ******** up!!! For once keep a good show, and stop letting other networks pick it up from you and get all the ratings that you so desperately want!!

9. Rickey says

Its not too late. They can still follow the finale with a season in Washington, DC showing the gutter politics behind what caused the rift between Captain Chaplin and the joint Chiefs.

10. Anonymous says

Great show, but as usual all the good ones are cancelled and replaced with modern day trash. Like junk food, public got addicted to the trash on tv today.

11. Tracy says

I was extremely surprised to learn this was the series finale when I watched the end of the season finale. I am truly disappointed. I will miss seeing the journey of the story and the all of the great stories and characters they had going. Sad!!