Last Resort: TV Show Cancelled by ABC

Last Resort canceled by ABCLast Resort has been sunk. ABC has cancelled the newbie drama. The network plans to air all 13 episodes but won’t order a back nine or a second season. ABC also cancelled 666 Park Avenue today and CBS dropped Partners as well.

The TV series takes place in the submarine Colorado when its officers are mysteriously ordered to destroy Pakistan. Sensing that something isn’t right, they require confirmation and are subsequently fired upon and hunted.

The cast of Last Resort includes Andre Braugher, Scott Speedman, Daisy Betts, Robert Patrick, Daniel Lissing, Dichen Lachman, Camille de Pazzis, Sahr Ngaujah, Jessy Schrams, and Autumn Reeser.

Last Resort TV show supportThough it received a lot of promotion, Last Resort debuted to mediocre ratings; a 2.2 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 9.31 million viewers.

The numbers declined over the course of the season and last night hit a new low with a 1.2 rating and 5.68 million viewers.

What do you think? Will you miss Last Resort? Given the ratings, should ABC have cancelled it?

Dorothy December 4, 2012 at 3:20 pm

I will really miss Last Resort! Its really a great show!

Curt Edwards December 2, 2012 at 1:20 am

I really liked this show. Loved the storyline and looked forward to seeing this show every week. I am really disappointed that the show is ending – hopefully they will be able to wrap it up versus just ending the episodes with no closure.

Pamela December 1, 2012 at 3:11 pm

I have enjoyed this show immensely. The story line is fresh and compelling. I was compelled to watch week after week because of the cliff hanger endings. I don’t know what ABC wants out of a show but I guess it’s not great acting and and excellent story line. I am sorry to see it go.

john December 1, 2012 at 1:45 am

this show is amazing great story line very suspenful awesome show

jeff November 29, 2012 at 11:58 pm

It sucks

Lori November 29, 2012 at 6:36 pm

This is very typical of ABC and usually why I don’t commit to watching new shows on ABC they rarely support the show and give them what they ned to survive. My husband and I really enjoy this show and are so bummed it was cancelled. Burned again for watching a show on ABC I have learned my lesson don’t fall for the same trap if you start watching a show on ABC they will cancel it.

chris November 28, 2012 at 1:58 pm

This show is amazing. great story line, suspenseful and creative. they should give it another shot maybe on a different day & time.

Patrick November 27, 2012 at 9:47 pm

Last Resort should not have been canceled. It was the best drama that’s been aired since 24. Big mistake

Mark November 26, 2012 at 11:19 pm

everytime a decent show comes on the cancel it and then they don’t even have a proper ending for most the TV shows

Mark November 26, 2012 at 11:13 pm

ABC all these Network need to find a new set of people to rate shows the ones they have are idiots

David November 26, 2012 at 10:02 pm

Last Resort is the show that got me back to ABC and I see they still are using that good ole quick trigger that took them from first to last. They really need to fire some people quick because ABC used to be the best channel on tv and CBS was worst.

Geoff November 26, 2012 at 8:08 pm

My family enjoys the show. ABC never gives shows a chance.

Sioux November 26, 2012 at 3:43 pm

I think it is great and am sorry that more peeps did not agree.

Cla November 26, 2012 at 12:41 pm

Geeeee, My teenagers (boy and girl) and I DVR the series and really enjoy watching the show on weekends (as Thursday is a school night). Its the one thing that we all agree we can watch together and we look forward to it each week, it sucks that ABC has pulled it. :(

Deanna November 25, 2012 at 11:02 pm

My boyfriend and I DVR the series every week and look forward to watching it together so much!! We both really love this show!! It’s upsetting that they are taking it off the air. The storyline is so interesting, exciting, suspenseful, we love it! And we can both agree on a show which is awesome! Anything we can do to have Abc reconsider?