Law & Order: Alana De La Garza Joins Los Angeles Spin-Off

IMAGEThe original Law & Order may have been cancelled last May but one of the long-running drama’s characters is coming back. Alana De La Garza is reprising her role as ADA Connie Rubirosa for NBC’s Law & Order: Los Angeles.

As you may recall, Law & Order: Los Angeles is currently undergoing an overhaul. The ratings haven’t been stellar, averaging a 2.2 rating in the 18-49 demographic and 10.75 million viewers. NBC has put the series on hiatus, giving Dick Wolf and company time to work out the changes.

Skeet Ulrich, Regina Hall, and Megan Boone have all been let go from the series. Alfred Molina’s Richardo Morales is shifting from prosecutor to detective, partnered with TJ Jaruszalski (Corey Stoll). It’ll be explained that Morales had previously been a cop.

Are you glad De La Garza's joining the cast?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

De La Garza has been added to the cast of Los Angeles as part of the overhaul, making the show seem a bit more like a traditional spin-off. Her character joined the original Law & Order in season 17.

Of her joining the Los Angeles cast, Wolf said, “I hope fans of the ‘mothership’ will be happy to see the return of Alana’s character, Connie Rubirosa, one of the longest-running assistant prosecutors on Law & Order. Alana has a huge following and it will be interesting to follow her character as she comes to terms with Los Angeles justice.”

There’s no word as to when original episodes of Law & Order: Los Angeles will return to the schedule. NBC has ordered 22 episodes and to date only eight of those have aired. Reruns continue to air on Saturday nights.

What do you think? Are you glad to hear De La Garza is joining the cast? Would you like to see any other Law & Order characters come on board?

Canceled and renewed TV show

42 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. Noreen says

I have to say I loved this show when it first aired with Skeet Urlich as one of the detectives. He was the main reason I started watching it and it quickly became one of my favorites. I was really disappointed when he was replaced.

2. Mary perrin says

Hav been a fan of law and order since inception – liked Angie and Elizabeth Rohm and when they left was sad but went back to watching when Alana came on as ADA – welcome addition  really like Molina and Howard hav started watching every week now even replays on Sat

3. Carlos says

I agree with most comments. I keep watching old Law n order episodes. I will keep watching as long as they bring McCoy back as the man!

4. Marilyn says

The original is still the best no matter how many cast changes there were! There will never be another Jack McCoy. Law and Order L.A. really needs a lot of fixing. Maybe Alana De La Garza can help. Get back the cast from Law and Order…..They were the best followed only by Criminal Intent.

5. says

here’s an idea. move the series to new york, bring in sam waterson as DA and surround him with a strong cast of characters. maybe half the show could focus on the police, the other half on prosecution. what’cha think?

6. Laura from Texas says

Yes, bring alana de la garza. She was the best assistant DA in the original which is terrible that it was ever cancelled. I tried to watch LOLA but it just could not grab my interest. I will definately give it a new try with the Connie Rubirosa character. My fingers are crossed!

• Tony says

I totally agree !! Anna was a big reason I kept watching the original . I hated it when Angie Harmon left , but I think Anna more than filled her shoes ! It will be great to see her back on TV , I can’t wait !!!