Law & Order: Alana De La Garza Joins Los Angeles Spin-Off

IMAGEThe original Law & Order may have been cancelled last May but one of the long-running drama’s characters is coming back. Alana De La Garza is reprising her role as ADA Connie Rubirosa for NBC’s Law & Order: Los Angeles.

As you may recall, Law & Order: Los Angeles is currently undergoing an overhaul. The ratings haven’t been stellar, averaging a 2.2 rating in the 18-49 demographic and 10.75 million viewers. NBC has put the series on hiatus, giving Dick Wolf and company time to work out the changes.

Skeet Ulrich, Regina Hall, and Megan Boone have all been let go from the series. Alfred Molina’s Richardo Morales is shifting from prosecutor to detective, partnered with TJ Jaruszalski (Corey Stoll). It’ll be explained that Morales had previously been a cop.

Are you glad De La Garza's joining the cast?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

De La Garza has been added to the cast of Los Angeles as part of the overhaul, making the show seem a bit more like a traditional spin-off. Her character joined the original Law & Order in season 17.

Of her joining the Los Angeles cast, Wolf said, “I hope fans of the ‘mothership’ will be happy to see the return of Alana’s character, Connie Rubirosa, one of the longest-running assistant prosecutors on Law & Order. Alana has a huge following and it will be interesting to follow her character as she comes to terms with Los Angeles justice.”

There’s no word as to when original episodes of Law & Order: Los Angeles will return to the schedule. NBC has ordered 22 episodes and to date only eight of those have aired. Reruns continue to air on Saturday nights.

What do you think? Are you glad to hear De La Garza is joining the cast? Would you like to see any other Law & Order characters come on board?

Debi February 4, 2011 at 10:17 am

I would love to see Connie come back WITH McCoy & Lupo. But please leave Skeet & Terrance, they carry the show, so does Skeets partner. I not much of a Molina fan. I watched L & O LA everytime it was on & very disappointed when it disappeared, but I still watch the episodes on my On Demand. Give it a chance, it will make it!

Don February 3, 2011 at 12:00 pm

Terrence Howard is weak.

Edan-Kane Soledad February 2, 2011 at 2:37 pm

I’m very happy that Alana will be added to the show. Now they need to add a few more “Law & Order” actors and better scripts. Or better yet, cancel this show and bring back the original “Law & Order!” NBC made a huge mistake cancelling it in the first place. Admit you made a mistake and rectify it, NBC. They fans will watch it in droves!!

Yara February 2, 2011 at 1:56 am

I’m so glad this show failed, how dare they cancel the original without a well deserved finale? Then they took it to crappy LA with all those reality show airheads, I feel bad for Alana having to take her Connie to LA I wanted her to have a relationship with Mike…oh well I will watch it for her.

Anonymous February 1, 2011 at 7:05 pm

Bring back the old Law & Order!!!!!

Karen O February 1, 2011 at 1:09 pm

The whole show needs a rewrite. They need to keep Terrence Howard, Cory Stohl may have some acting chops, we can’t tell with the lousy scripts.
Jessie L, left New York, he could turn up in LA. Sam Waterson would help, miss him. But I miss the original with Van Buren, the police station, New York and I am a native Ca., but this thing needs help. Just bring the old one back!!!!!!!!!! It is not like NBC, has any thing else to offer. SVU, I am so sick of hearing Benson “I’ve been raped” “My mother was raped” You’ve been raped! Stable, Munch, Ice Tea, Dan Florek are all ok.
But, please bring back L&O.

Titus February 1, 2011 at 12:49 pm

I kind of liked Law and Order Los Angeles the way it was. The detectives played by Skeet Ulrich & Corey Stoll sure seemed to fit in. The strongest character is in my opinion the prosecuter played by Terrence Howard.

They seemed to have a good balance of ‘Law’ and ‘Order’. I liked that balance.

The otehr characters did seem weak. I think they should have given a little more time to develop the characters and the cases they were working on.

Did anyone ever question the time slot?

Elaine Fetters February 1, 2011 at 10:52 am

I think it is great. However, I wish some of the other ones would be included. I think it has a possibily to being good with some changes. Looking forward to seeing it back. I just wish the original was NEVER cancelled and think that the powers that be may now realize it.

javier calix January 31, 2011 at 10:09 pm

love her. like to EADA MIKE CUTTER as well I think he can fit to. the truth want to see all of them. I LOVE LAW & ORDER FRANCHISE.

Paul January 31, 2011 at 9:56 pm

I still think they should’ve had Lupo move to Los Angeles and be the lawyer, he was going to law school after all. Then they could’ve moved Connie to SVU. Still, this is definitely better than nothing!

Ron January 31, 2011 at 9:16 pm

I like the old Law & Order show better then the L & O/ LA. Since there is no new L & O shows, I turn on BBC America (Direct TV) and watch all the new L & O /UK. I msy not know some of the words (that they speak in Englnad), but is still has the same impact as the L & O show did for so manly years on NBC. I do know on how much De La Garza will have on getting the L & O / LA back on track. Please bring back L & O, or bring some of old actors from L & O to the L & O / LA. lt needs help bad.

Anthony January 31, 2011 at 5:15 pm

I AM SO GLAD TO SEE ALAN DE LA GARZA TO BE IN LAW AND ORDER LOS ANGELES. I LOVE HER STYLE IN PROSECUTING. SO EXICTED!!!!!!!

Vincent January 31, 2011 at 2:52 pm

Bring Back Jack McCoy, he’s awesome.

Jeremy Rynek January 31, 2011 at 12:02 pm

I think it’ll help. I would like to see Sam Waterson again. And I really liked Jesse L. Martin. Anything is possible right.

Alan January 31, 2011 at 7:25 am

they should move sma waterston to svu. he wouldnt even need a story. it just shows the prosecutor interact with the DA (Sam Waterston) even if he gets less screen time I still think it’d be intresting and attract more viewers to SVU