Law & Order: Los Angeles: New NBC Series; Cancel or Keep It?

Law & Order: Los AngelesThough NBC has cancelled the original Law & Order, they haven’t lost faith in the Dick Wolf franchise. The network recently debuted yet another spin-off, Law & Order: Los Angeles. Will this one survive as long as the original or be cancelled in less than a year, like 2005′s Law & Order: Trial by Jury?

Law & Order: Los Angeles (LO:LA) revolves around detectives and lawyers as they follow the legal process in the City of Angels. As is the case with other Law & Order series, storylines are often “ripped from the headlines.” The cast includes Skeet Ulrich, Corey Stoll, Rachel Ticotin, Peter Coyote, Alfred Molina, Terrence Howard, Regina Hall, and Megan Boone.

In it’s first week on the air, LO:LA attracted a 3.2 rating in the 18-49 demographic and 10.64 million total viewers. That was enough to put it in first place in both categories for the timeslot. In the demo and total viewership, the numbers slipped about 10% between when the show began and when it ended.

What do you think of Law & Order: Los Angeles?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

While not a blockbuster debut, it was the highest rated show on NBC that night. It also performed significantly better than The Jay Leno Show did in the same timeslot last year. That had attracted just a 1.9 in the demo and 6.11 million viewers.

If LO:LA can sustain or build on these premiere ratings, it looks like it has a great future on NBC. The peacock network can certainly use some positive ratings.

But, what do you think? Do you like this new Law & Order is better or worse than its predecessors? Would you keep it or rather see it cancelled?

Motnia1 July 12, 2011 at 9:31 am

Please keep this show. I have been a law and order junkie since the 1st showing of the the 1st show……I am a long time fan..Please keep it.

Susan July 3, 2011 at 12:38 pm

As of July 3, voting show 64% keep. What else do we need to do to keep this show?
Love the opening so creative!!! Acting is believable. Stories are great.

Karen June 9, 2011 at 7:54 am

I think Law and order LA is one of the better shows from this past season. True to life story lines (naturally these things really happened), and different story lines than in the NY version. I liked Skeet Ulrich better than Alfred Molina, but he was growiing on me. I think BIG MISTAKE to take it off the lineup.

BOB May 30, 2011 at 8:27 pm

One season is not enough time for most shows to gain tradtion, the Seinfeld show being a perfect example. PLEASE give this terrific show a chance to be found, seen, and enjoyed. Quit renewing highly rated garbage and try saving the gems.

C.L.HIGH May 25, 2011 at 7:15 am

NBC ARE YOU CRAZY???? LEAVE L&O LA,alone great show. We need all the tried & true shows on T.V. Too many dumb shows on now killing all good entertainment.

C.L.HIGH May 25, 2011 at 5:30 am

Are the people at NBC nuts or what??????????? This is a very GOOD NO GREAT drama show. T.V. is not all about stupid acts, drinking ,making an ass out of yourself & getting paid for being crazy…. Some of us want to enjoy a GREAT show with real acting & a storyline. PLEASE do not take away a REAL T.V. show that is entertaining… I’m begging The cast is one of a kind, & Dick Wolf knows how to write & he is a proven winner& money maker. PLEASE rethink this. Peace be with you.

MeMe Berkoski May 13, 2011 at 4:21 pm

Keep it please. It has such class and style. I’ve always liked Alfred Molina. He is such a versatile actor. I was not happy to see the last of the original L & O, but Linus really brought the show down quickly. He was the worst.

Anonymous May 13, 2011 at 4:05 pm

Keep the show. love it.

Paul Bailey May 13, 2011 at 3:10 pm

I really enjoy this new L&O series and only watch this one and SVU. I find it the story lines really neat and the actors are great. I would hate to see this one go away.

Betty Kaiser May 13, 2011 at 1:07 pm

I like this L & O very much. I like all the characters and the actors who play them. Please keep it going.

Anonymous February 17, 2011 at 1:18 pm

this new law and order spin off was the best!

Anon February 17, 2011 at 6:09 am

I really like this show, especially Corey Stohl. I do hope they keep it on the air.

Anonymous February 3, 2011 at 7:32 am

I like lola, i like terrance howard in the series. Keep it please !!!