Law & Order: UK: Cancelled; No Season Nine — For Now

Law & Order UK TV show canceled, no season 9ITV in the UK has announced that Law & Order: UK is ending after eight seasons. The final installment aired on June 11th overseas but season eight has yet to air on BBC America.

Created by Dick Wolf, Law & Order: UK began in 2009 and episodes were based on early episodes of the original Law & Order series. The cast includes Bradley Walsh, Ben Bailey Smith, Peter Davison, Georgia Taylor and Dominic Rowan.

“There may well come a time when we re-visit Law & Order: UK,” said ITV’s Director of Drama Commissioning Steve November. “For the moment we’ll be resting the series whilst we continue to refresh our drama slate.”

The cancellation decision coincides with Walsh’s decision to leave his role as Ronnie Brooks. The actor has been with the series since the beginning. He said, “Eight series is a wonderful achievement for everyone involved in the production. This has been one of the hardest decisions I have ever had to make. I hope one day to revisit him, but for now I’d like the opportunity to pursue other drama projects which ITV are developing.”

BBC America has yet to announce if/when they’ll be airing season eight here in the States. The final episode of season seven aired in September 2013.

What do you think? Do you like the UK version of Law & Order? Would you like to see the series return some day?

Canceled and renewed TV show

27 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. says

I like the UK version of Law and Order very much. It is too bad to hear of the “rest” the series is getting. Even from way over here in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada I’ve been entertained. Great work. Mike

2. TREVOR ABBOTT says

Very sorry that the Law and Order TV series is to end . A wonderful British TV success story with good acting and excellent story lines . It is new refreshing and not inflicted with repeat or similarity stories as many TV programme are today . Great consideration should be given to a new series of such popularity and entertainment value .

3. Paula says

i absolutely love this show. I’m sorry to see it end. I do hope it comes back. At least I can watch the DVD’s

4. Suzan says

I really enjoyed this program. I’m sorry they cancelled it. I hope they bring it back as I will watch it.

5. Judy says

I LOVE L&O UK .. As good or better then the original cast. I watch mostly TV from The UK … It is interesting to me how many shows the US as vampired .

Please keep L&O UK

6. admiral says

BBC America has brought us Law and Order UK for 7 limited season.
    PBS and A&E has broadcast the complete seasons of ‘Spooks’ aka ‘MI-5′.
    I await season 8 of LAO UK. I will miss this show. A cool change from
    horrible reality TV. Remember ‘The Avengers’? A nice peace of heaven
    would be a syndicated trilogy of all three series available on BBC America.