Law & Order: Criminal Intent: Jeff Goldblum Out; Going to Be Cancelled?

Jeff Goldblum on Law & Order: Criminal IntentIt’s not a great time for fans of all-things Law & Order. Though a new series, Law & Order: Los Angeles, is coming in the fall, the original Law & Order was cancelled after 20 years on the air. Now, things don’t look good for Law & Order: Criminal Intent.

The spin-off series follows investigations of high-profile cases. The show moved from NBC to USA Networks in 2007. Up until last year, it starred Vincent D’Onofrio and Kathryn Erbe. The show currently stars Jeff Goldblum, Mary Elizabeth Mastrantonio, and Saffron Burrows.

The future of Criminal Intent has been up in the air for awhile as the cable channel tried to decide how they wanted to proceed (if at all). According to Deadline, a number of scenarios were bandied about, including a full-season pickup, a two year renewal, and a partial season pickup. They’ve apparently settled on an eight episode “mini-season” for the show’s (likely) final season. Some of the original cast, like D’Onofrio, may be asked back.

Should Criminal Intent continue?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Meanwhile, Goldblum has decided to exit the series. His contract has expired and, according to his representative, has decided to walk away rather than renegotiate because of the uncertainty of the show’s future.

Actually, all of the actors’ contracts have reportedly expired. They ran out at the end of June and were then extended until the end of July. When/if Criminal Intent returns for a 10th season, that could mean that Goldblum won’t be the only castmember missing.

USA is likely to make a final decision on Criminal Intent’s fate within the next week.

What do you think? Should Criminal Intent be renewed for a 10th season or should it be cancelled? Would you be satisfied with the ninth season finale, “Three in One,” being the series finale?

Facenda Burton January 22, 2012 at 1:10 pm

I relly miss Criminal Intent…………..when are the other seasons being released 6, 7,8. 9 on DVD or blu-ray????

Lori janzen June 30, 2011 at 9:01 pm

Criminal intent is my favorite of all the law and order series…I hopeit comes back…

Bette Perry June 26, 2011 at 11:47 pm

Great show with original people. Don’t keep getting rid of the good shows.

Patricia B June 20, 2011 at 8:12 pm

I have watched every episode of the Law and Order series, regular L & O, the series of SUV, and the criminal intent series. I have watched them in reruns many times. It runs on Direct TV at lease 10 shows per day, and I watch most of them. In fact, I am watching it as I type. The best every TV series. Keep it coming. I am a senior citizen and really like this show.

tamara June 20, 2011 at 1:32 pm

Criminal Intent should not be cancelled. Gore and Eames are the best. All the good shows are being cancelled making way for those ridiculous reality shows. I am really upset about this. where else are you going to find such good acting. Goren, super clever and wild and Eames, super cool and collected. We should start a petition to keep it on.

Pat Chappell June 19, 2011 at 9:19 am

It a shame when the public don’t have a say, I love that show I was so happy when they were bringing it back, and now I hear they are canceling it. That is very sad

JJ June 6, 2011 at 12:43 pm

Criminal Intent is the best among them all. Goren & Eames are the perfect character, I have been a fans from the very start.

Noelia May 1, 2011 at 6:54 pm

I love Law & Order Criminal Intent. I hope it stays on the air. I was sad to see the original Law&Order canceled. I was a big fan of that show. Although the final 2 detectives and prosecution team SUCKED ! I hope Crimial Intent stays on with Goren and Eames. Excellent team !

LaVera Hassler January 17, 2011 at 9:32 pm

i love Criminal Intent. I followed it to USA. I Love Love Vincent D’Onofrio. I love watching him. He is my favorte actor ever. i am glad you are bring him back. i want you to keep Criminal Intent going. If Vincent D’Onofrio is in it. I watch it faithly every week. i support Criminal Intent all the way. Please bring it back. Please, Please!!!

cp December 26, 2010 at 1:34 am

c’mon, reunion show!

ada Mathews December 2, 2010 at 4:59 pm

We are so upset that any Law&Order would go off the air.No shows compares with Law&Order,not one.We hate reality shows no thinking involve.We pay to watch so many useless shows.What about us older viewers
Thanks for reading my email.
Ada Mathews

Denise Hall November 27, 2010 at 6:01 pm

Criminal Intent is a very good show. I love the original cast, Goran aqnd Eames.
Try and bring them back for the 10th final season, if not, try and find some other
excellent actors to assume their roles in Criminal Intent.

Nancy J. November 25, 2010 at 8:35 am

Criminal Intent is my favorite in this series. I love the original cast, Goran and Eames were the best, and I hated when they left. I do, however, love Jeff Goldblum as well. He just needs a partner that he has some real chemistry with. I tape every rerun and watch them over and over. Please keep this show going.