Law & Order: Criminal Intent: Cast & Crew Hope for Season 11

Law & Order: Criminal Intent last episodeTonight, USA Network aired the series finale of Law & Order: Criminal Intent. Many who work on the TV show hope that’s not necessarily true.

Last Summer, it was rumored that the cop drama might be cancelled following a season of lackluster ratings. USA instead opted to bring Criminal Intent back for a 10th and final season of eight episodes. To cap the show’s run, it was also announced that Kathryn Erbe and Vincent D’Onofrio, who left abruptly at the start of season nine, would return.

Though USA has been calling season 10 the end of Criminal Intent, we learned in May that executive producer Dick Wolf wasn’t throwing in the towel just yet. He told reporters that he hoped, “enough fans will come out so the powers that be reconsider their decision.” Later, executive producer Chris Brancato noted that, “Yeah, I think if viewers are enthused about Vincent and Katie coming back I don’t see why it has to be the final season.” The ratings have shown improvement.

Erbe is also hopeful that tonight won’t be the end and would be to season 11. She recently told TV Guide, “I know that I would be there in a heartbeat. I’m fairly positive that Vincent [D’Onofrio] feels the same way. Everyone was really hoping that, in the 11th hour, we’d get some word… Whether the fans are able to muscle us back or not, who knows. They have amazing power.”

Regardless of what happens, Erbe is grateful for the chance to return to the series. She said, “I just know that these eight episodes were like a gift. To be able to come back and have closure with the crew and the cast and everyone… If that happens again, fantastic. It would just be like icing on the cake.”

If the series doesn’t come back, the actress feels that viewers will like this farewell to Goren and Eames better than their departure in 2010. Erbe notes, “I know we set out to make it satisfying… The one thing I know you’re going to see is that Goren and Eames are on much better, more solid ground. Healthier, happier and in good shape.”

If she never gets to play the role again, Erbe imagines that her character would continue solving cases with Goren and just continue to live her life.

What do you think? Would you like to see Law & Order: Criminal Intent continue?

Canceled and renewed TV show

385 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. John says

Iconic show, in line with Columbo and the original L&O, the best that television has to offer and better than most films. It would be insane to cancel it. D’Onofrio is much underrated and should have had a best actor Emmy long ago. Erbe and the supporting cast have also been great through the years. Keep it going!

2. Enid Hillman says

Love Law and order criminal intent with Katherine Erbe and Vincent D’onofrio. Hope they decide to bring it back. It is onenof the better shows on television. It would be “criminal” to end it!

3. Carol Fike says

I quite watching the show because I didn’t like the people who played the characters. I like the two original characters. Bringing them back was the best thing you could of done. I will watch the reruns (8) of them. I hope there will be at least one more season.

4. Debbie Soll says

I have never missed an episode of Law and Order: Criminal Intent.
    Please bring the series back! again, and again, and again,

I have watched EVERY Law and Order – all spinoffs and versions. since day one.

Love them all. Even LOLA :) It is not really that bad after all, it’s Los Angeles!

regards,

Debbie

5. Linda and Patrick says

BOBBY! Bobby and Eames MUST return! It ended, well, NOT GREAT. That last 2 min of that last episode was dry, droll, not my favourite; had it going in a great direction but it fell flat so they MUST come back and clean it all up. If I wrote the episodes the visits to the doctor would be shorter and not take up the last 10 or so min of the program; they would be sprinkled around the show. Put more MEAT into the crime part as well. The show is ALWAYS my favourite time of the week but PLEASE SPRUCE up the action/program WHEN they return. It should not be an IF they return! The relationship of the doctor with BOBBY is ok to leave in; the teasing of Eames and Bobby in a relationship is ok to TEASE but NEVER EVER follow thru with it or it WILL be the end. Anyone remember what happened on MOONLIGHTING when they finally got together-the show was doomed and then died.

BOBBY AND EAMES must return!

6. Jim says

This is one of my favorite shows comparable in interest to shows like the X Files, Homicide, NYPD Blue and CSI.

7. kathy pollard says

I feel that out of the law and orders criminal intent was the best. I love their style and the most professional intelligent compared to other police shows. I feel that it is very well written and acted greatly. They don’t get into so much personal cop info as the others, but do show their weakness. I am very glad they never had the partners get into any romantic situation with each other as other shows that just crepts the show completely.
    My most favorite episode this season was “Boots on the ground” I clapped after the show it was so good. I havent brought myself to watch the series finale it just isnt right! I love Goren and Eames.

8. says

I have watched Criminal Intent since it’s premiere and there is only one Goren and Eames . At least one more season to focus on their personal relationship please!

9. bill biggs says

Keep on air, best show on tv. love Vincent and kathryn. Cannot cancel!
    Bill and Faye Biggs -69-68- Va.

10. DYLAN says

THIS IS THE BEST TV SHOW ON TV THEY WOULD BE SILLY IF THEY CANCELLED IT ,LONG LIVE GORAM AND EAMES

11. Evelyn says

I think it should continue. There is something special there that other “Cop” shows do not have.

12. jan evans minter says

Please bring back Law & Oder:CI for another season. It’s the only thing on tv worth watching. Let Goren and Eames’ story continue. Thanks!!!

• lynn simon says

I was so elated when the show came back on this time. This is my favorite show I just love Goren and Eames please bring them back again. They are # one on my dvr list. There is no one who can top Goren in a detectives role

13. Judy says

I never missed a show, please bring this back with Goren and Eames. There is a magic between them that most partners do not have. I miss them already. Just do it.