Law & Order: Criminal Intent: Cast & Crew Hope for Season 11

Law & Order: Criminal Intent last episodeTonight, USA Network aired the series finale of Law & Order: Criminal Intent. Many who work on the TV show hope that’s not necessarily true.

Last Summer, it was rumored that the cop drama might be cancelled following a season of lackluster ratings. USA instead opted to bring Criminal Intent back for a 10th and final season of eight episodes. To cap the show’s run, it was also announced that Kathryn Erbe and Vincent D’Onofrio, who left abruptly at the start of season nine, would return.

Though USA has been calling season 10 the end of Criminal Intent, we learned in May that executive producer Dick Wolf wasn’t throwing in the towel just yet. He told reporters that he hoped, “enough fans will come out so the powers that be reconsider their decision.” Later, executive producer Chris Brancato noted that, “Yeah, I think if viewers are enthused about Vincent and Katie coming back I don’t see why it has to be the final season.” The ratings have shown improvement.

Erbe is also hopeful that tonight won’t be the end and would be to season 11. She recently told TV Guide, “I know that I would be there in a heartbeat. I’m fairly positive that Vincent [D’Onofrio] feels the same way. Everyone was really hoping that, in the 11th hour, we’d get some word… Whether the fans are able to muscle us back or not, who knows. They have amazing power.”

Regardless of what happens, Erbe is grateful for the chance to return to the series. She said, “I just know that these eight episodes were like a gift. To be able to come back and have closure with the crew and the cast and everyone… If that happens again, fantastic. It would just be like icing on the cake.”

If the series doesn’t come back, the actress feels that viewers will like this farewell to Goren and Eames better than their departure in 2010. Erbe notes, “I know we set out to make it satisfying… The one thing I know you’re going to see is that Goren and Eames are on much better, more solid ground. Healthier, happier and in good shape.”

If she never gets to play the role again, Erbe imagines that her character would continue solving cases with Goren and just continue to live her life.

What do you think? Would you like to see Law & Order: Criminal Intent continue?

L & O CI is one ofthe most thought provking shows in this genre. It has generationl of both breadth and depth. The last short season shows what the show can really do when everyone involved is playing with their game on! Please bring Goren and Eams ba April 26, 2012 at 6:39 pm

Please see comment from Laura Parks

BJ April 25, 2012 at 4:51 pm

Please bring Law & Order Criminal Intent back we have 3 generations, myself, my daughter and grandaughter that watch all the re-runs. My grandaughter loves Bobby, she runs in to see him on the screen, when he’s not on she goes back to whatever she is doing until he returns to the screen. It is one of the best shows that has been on TV. Come on! how many reality shows do we have to watch, bring Alex & Bobby back.

Sandy Fancher April 22, 2012 at 5:24 pm

Law and Order CI is one of my all time favorite shows, and by far the best of the Law and Order series. Goren and Eames make the show and it should only come back with them as the stars. I miss this series and hope it will continue.

Kathleen April 19, 2012 at 8:41 pm

I miss new episodes of law and order criminal intent. I watch the old ones over and over. Please bring the series back………with Vincent and kathryn

Linda April 13, 2012 at 4:01 pm

PLEASE…PLEASE bring back Criminal Intent.
Nothing can compare to Goren & Eames and their character interactions.

Peggie April 6, 2012 at 7:04 am

Please, Please bring back the show….it is one of my favorites. It seems that most of the good programs have been removed and replaced with reality shows. I looked forward to it every week, and continue to watch the reruns.

Ruth April 1, 2012 at 4:46 pm

Please bring back the show. I miss the show.

jeryll April 3, 2012 at 11:32 am

I wake up before sunrise to catch re-runs. I am so hooked on the series I actually write storylines for Goren and Eames. It had the richest character development of all the L&Os but has left me needing to know how the tortured soul of Goren continues, and if Eames can escape “the job”. One more season?

Cara March 15, 2012 at 10:07 am

My whole family is addicted to this series. I hope the show returns soon!!!!!!!

Mandi March 2, 2012 at 3:05 pm

Please bring it back! I love this show! I quit watching when goren and eames were gone. I hated the episodes in even earlier seasons when they were not there. Bring it back again and just make it goren and eames like it used to be. And bring Deacon back!

Floyce smith February 13, 2012 at 7:57 am

I think det goren and ames are the absolute best. Please bring back the show 11 season

Kim Barnes January 31, 2012 at 6:41 pm

I love the show and woould love to see Bobby again. Hes a great character and he makes the show with his craziness that always has logic behind it. Please bring back the show its my favorite Law & Order.

Mariana January 23, 2012 at 3:24 pm

I would love to see a new season of Criminal Intent, one of the best tv shows ever…..Let’s hope it becomes a reality.

sue January 4, 2012 at 6:29 pm

I’M A BIG FAN OF CI, PLEASE KEEP IT GOING. I HAVE FOLLOWED THE
THE SHOW FROM THE START. VINCENTS CHARACTER HAS EVOLVED.
IN THE BEGINING HE’S THIS BRILLIANT, INTENSE DET., THEN WE LEARNED
OF HIS MOTHER & BROTHER, HIS CHILDHOOD/FATHER & HOW TORMENTED HE IS, THEN THE DEATH OF HIS MOTHER & THEN BROTHER (AT THE HANDS
OF NICOLE), HIS MENTOR(WHO LOVED HIM LIKE A SON), WHO ORCHESTRATED
THE DEATH OF FRANK & THEN KILLED NICOLE TO “FREE” BOBBY.
FINALLY, THE MANDITORY THERAPY THAT HAS BEGUN TO GIVE HIM HOPE
THAT HE COULD HAVE A LASTING RELATIONSHIP—I’ M HOPING YOU BUILD
ON THE FRIENDSHIP BETWEEN DET. GOREN & AMES!!!! PLEASE DO NOT
CANCEL THE SHOW.

Marj December 12, 2011 at 5:16 pm

I think there would be plenty of viewers. They should definitely do a season 11 and keep going….

BONNIE J. CARTER January 14, 2012 at 4:26 pm

I SURELY WILL MISS THE SHOW OF CRIMIANL INTENT. PLEASE BRING IT BACK. GORAN AND EAMES ARE WONDERFUL AT THIS SHOW.

DIANNA December 7, 2011 at 5:21 pm

I WOULD LOVE TO SEE A LOT MORE OF LAW & ORDER CRIMINAL INTENT, I NEVER LOST INTEREST I HAVE BEEN A AVID FAN AND I JUST LOVE GORAN AND EAMES I THINK THEY SHOULD, IF THEY ARE GOING TO END THE SHOW, I WISH THEY WOULDN’T, BUT IF THEY DO, I THINK THEY SHOULD GET TOGETHER AS A COUPLE BECAUSE THERE HAVE ALWAYS BEEN SPARKS BETWEEN THEM…I LOVE THEIR CHARACTERS AND WOULD MISS THEM , THERE IS NO OTHER SHOW ON THE AIR THAT CAN COMPARE. GORAN IS SUCH AN AWESOME CHARACTER AND VINCENT IS A FABULOUS ACTOR HE GETS YOU SO INVOLVED WITH THE SHOW LIKE NO OTHER, I DIDN’T LIKE WHEN THEY PUT JEFF IN THERE IT WAS JUST TOO STRANGE IT WAS LIKE HE WAS TRYING TO BE GORAN , AS IF….WE WANT GORAN AND EAMES BACK PLEASE!!!!!