Law & Order: Criminal Intent: Could There Be Season Eleven?

Law and Order: Criminal IntentLast November, NBC-Universal announced that Law & Order: Criminal Intent wasn’t cancelled but would be returning for just an eight episode final season. While the news that the show was coming to an end was disappointing, many were very happy to hear that beloved characters Detectives Robert Goren (Vincent D’Onofrio) and Alex Eames (Kathryn Erbe) were returning.

Season 10 of Law & Order: Criminal Intent debuted this week and the ratings were very positive. The premiere registered the show’s second-largest total audience (5.1 million) since the series moved to USA. It was also up by 21-35% in the demos and up 43% in total viewers when compared to the season nine premiere.

With such positive numbers, could there be an 11th season after all? In a recent conference call, executive producer Dick Wolf told reporters that he hoped, “enough fans will come out so the powers that be reconsider their decision.”

In an interview with the Futon Critic’s Jim Halterman, executive producer Chris Brancato noted that, “I think we all probably know that Dick Wolf never says never… He cares so deeply and he is engaged in the show in a way that you might not expect somebody who is so successful and been doing it for so long. He loves it! This is his baby, of sorts. Yeah, I think if viewers are enthused about Vincent and Katie coming back I don’t see why it has to be the final season.”

What do you think? Would you like to see the TV series continue for an eleventh season? Would it have to include D’Onofrio and Erbe?

Canceled and renewed TV show

99 Comments on "Law & Order: Criminal Intent: Could There Be Season Eleven?"

Notify of

Colleen
Colleen
June 16, 2011 6:48 am

Law and Order: CI with Vincent D’Onofrio and Katheryn Erbe is one of the greatest TV shows!!! I really hope there will be a season 11!!! Please, Please do not cancel this show!!!

Brenda
Brenda
June 14, 2011 8:33 pm

Great show. I hope there will be a season 11.

betty
June 8, 2011 5:17 am

MY FAVORITE OF ALL THR LAW AND ORDER SHOWSIS CRIMINAL INTENT,
PLEASE,PLEASE,PLEASE DO NOT CANCEL THIS TERRIFIC DETECTIVE SHOW
GOREN AND EAMES HAVE MADE THIS SERIES ONE THAT YOU DON`T WANT TO MISS AN EPISODE. I EVEN WATCH THE RERUNS!

LeaBeth
LeaBeth
June 7, 2011 2:32 pm

Why is CI ending????? i just finished watching the season and started the may2011 episodes on my dvr and just found out it’s a series finale? ugh im disappointed….

mary maxfield
mary maxfield
June 6, 2011 4:46 pm

I love watching Goren. If this show did end I would be interested in knowing Vincent
next tv role

Karen Delancey
June 6, 2011 1:17 pm

would love to see them come back another season. My daughter and I never miss an episode. We watch all the reruns over and over. Welcome back to both of you. Icing on the cake would be for you both to fall in love and if the show has to end, let us know your characters are going to be together. Love you both so much!!!!!

Stephanie O.
Stephanie O.
June 5, 2011 10:21 pm

Goren and Eames are CI! They can’t be replaced. Did they not learn their lesson when it was tried earlier? Just once could “the powers that be” listen to the people who watch the shows and grow to love the characters. We need more seasons of CI with only Goren and Eames.

Bev
Bev
June 5, 2011 10:00 pm

Please, Please don’t cancel this show. This is the best of the Law & Order series….I’m just sayin’.

Amber
Amber
June 5, 2011 5:41 pm

Yes!! I’d love to see more! I mostly stopped watching during season nine but I’ve watched loyally since season ten with Goren and Eames back! I really want more~!

EMMA=)
EMMA=)
May 31, 2011 7:23 pm

PLEASE KEEP MAKING EPISODES WITH GOREN AND EAMES!!!!!!!

W. Braicov
W. Braicov
May 31, 2011 6:32 pm

D’Onofrio and Erbe set the standard for Criminal Intent. We must have more seasons. Get a new captain!

Donna
Donna
May 31, 2011 6:11 am

Yes please keep criminal intent coming with nobody but Goren and Eames. They are the very, very best.Will be looking forward to season Eleven.Do not disappoint your loyal fans.

David and Carmen Dillon
David and Carmen Dillon
May 30, 2011 4:46 pm

Yes, Give 10 more seasons of D’Onofrio and Erbe!!!!

Nancy
Nancy
May 30, 2011 10:54 am

Truly the best of the Law and order stable. Edgy without pandering to on screen violence. D’Nofrio has created one of TV’s great characters. More please! 11 Seasons and beyond!

Kae Smith
Kae Smith
May 27, 2011 3:27 am

I hated losing the orginial Law and Order. Law and Order CI is such a brain teaser it never ends the way it looks in the begin. Please don’t take it away…. I am sure the next to SVU it is the most popular of the shows.

wpDiscuz