Law & Order: Criminal Intent: Could There Be Season Eleven?

Law and Order: Criminal IntentLast November, NBC-Universal announced that Law & Order: Criminal Intent wasn’t cancelled but would be returning for just an eight episode final season. While the news that the show was coming to an end was disappointing, many were very happy to hear that beloved characters Detectives Robert Goren (Vincent D’Onofrio) and Alex Eames (Kathryn Erbe) were returning.

Season 10 of Law & Order: Criminal Intent debuted this week and the ratings were very positive. The premiere registered the show’s second-largest total audience (5.1 million) since the series moved to USA. It was also up by 21-35% in the demos and up 43% in total viewers when compared to the season nine premiere.

With such positive numbers, could there be an 11th season after all? In a recent conference call, executive producer Dick Wolf told reporters that he hoped, “enough fans will come out so the powers that be reconsider their decision.”

In an interview with the Futon Critic’s Jim Halterman, executive producer Chris Brancato noted that, “I think we all probably know that Dick Wolf never says never… He cares so deeply and he is engaged in the show in a way that you might not expect somebody who is so successful and been doing it for so long. He loves it! This is his baby, of sorts. Yeah, I think if viewers are enthused about Vincent and Katie coming back I don’t see why it has to be the final season.”

What do you think? Would you like to see the TV series continue for an eleventh season? Would it have to include D’Onofrio and Erbe?

Patricia Guenot June 26, 2011 at 7:05 pm

Don’t cancel Law & Order Criminal Intent with Donofrio& Erbe. They are the best.
Keep the show coming. They finally realized the public want more of Goren & Eames.
Let us look forward to a new season with the best police combo.

MARILYN June 26, 2011 at 6:18 pm

PLEASE DON’T CANCEL MY FAVORITE SHOW. I HAVE DVR SO MANY AND CAN WATCH THEM OVER AND OVER THEY NEVER GET OLD

Beth June 26, 2011 at 6:12 pm

Goren (D’Onofrio) is my favorite character of all time on TV/cable. He’s incredible, irreplaceable, and I’m not interested in the show without him. It’s sad to hear the series will end on 6.26.2011…I wonder if D’Onofrio wants to go in another direction after 9 years (since he and Erbe) weren’t on Season 9 (which I didn’t tune into)…I just LOVE Goren and wish D’Onofrio all the best. His character is so complex and you can’t help but love the guy. We’ve been lucky to have him all these years, and can only hope the ratings bring them back!

Donna June 25, 2011 at 7:55 am

Yes please bring CI back for season eleven with Goren and Eames. I love the show and watch the reruns. Dick Wolf please keep this show going. You simply cannot cancel this show. You need to continue to make us fans very happy. I for one will be so disappointed if you fail us now.

irene June 21, 2011 at 9:34 pm

Love CI — It has been a joy to watch D’Onofrio and Erbe. Would be grand if it came back for another season. AND, let’s make it easier to find — it continues to change channels – aaaggghhh. Only last week, NBC (Channel 5 in western Washington State) advertised that it would be coming to Channel 5. Hope it can continue to delight fans with its quirky characters — people we have grown to love and welcome into our homes.

Cat June 20, 2011 at 5:14 pm

This show cannot end!! They finally came to their senses and brought back Erbe and D’Onofrio… they make this show. The subtle changes in depth of the characters are great… they just can’t end it now… they are the best on tv… Bring it back next season and many more!

Shawn June 20, 2011 at 2:40 pm

Don’t cancel Law & Order Criminal Intent. D’Onofrio and Erbe are the best. I love the way D’Onofrio solves crimes and interacts with the suspects. The therapists angle this season is another winner. Don’t, don’t cancel it. If I have to be subjected to another mind-numbing reality show I will just scream!!!!!!!

Chris June 20, 2011 at 8:27 am

Love the show and would hate to see it end. Goren and Eames make the show. When they left, I left. If this is really the end I would looooooooooove to see former Captain Deakins and ADA Carver again. They were always a blast.

Not to mention Nicole Wallace, but for obvious reasons that would be an impossible feat.

Bridgett June 18, 2011 at 8:13 am

Law & Order has run its course or shall I say it’s writers have. Not only have they taken overly recycled storylines (some have been lazily altered old L&O episodes from the 90′s) and hastily called it a script, but they’ve taken the only real beauty left in the L&O format and destroyed it. We’re not suppose to know too much about the detectives.
It’s suppose to be about the victim and turning Robert Goren into a victim doesn’t count. Sure we get the whole “tortured soul” routine. Moriarty and Holmes fought to the death at Reichenbach Falls, but only after public outcry was Holmes brought back from the dead. And as lame as those stories were never did Sherlock bitch
shrink in a desparte attempt to “face his demons”. Because Holmes knew who
and what he was as does Goren. Writting a side story about a therapist reaching
into the complexity of Bobby Goren and getting transferance is not only laughable but insulting to those of us with intelligence.its also unoriginal not to mention tired.

Colleen June 16, 2011 at 6:48 am

Law and Order: CI with Vincent D’Onofrio and Katheryn Erbe is one of the greatest TV shows!!! I really hope there will be a season 11!!! Please, Please do not cancel this show!!!

Brenda June 14, 2011 at 8:33 pm

Great show. I hope there will be a season 11.

betty June 8, 2011 at 5:17 am

MY FAVORITE OF ALL THR LAW AND ORDER SHOWSIS CRIMINAL INTENT,
PLEASE,PLEASE,PLEASE DO NOT CANCEL THIS TERRIFIC DETECTIVE SHOW
GOREN AND EAMES HAVE MADE THIS SERIES ONE THAT YOU DON`T WANT TO MISS AN EPISODE. I EVEN WATCH THE RERUNS!

LeaBeth June 7, 2011 at 2:32 pm

Why is CI ending????? i just finished watching the season and started the may2011 episodes on my dvr and just found out it’s a series finale? ugh im disappointed….

mary maxfield June 6, 2011 at 4:46 pm

I love watching Goren. If this show did end I would be interested in knowing Vincent
next tv role

Karen Delancey June 6, 2011 at 1:17 pm

would love to see them come back another season. My daughter and I never miss an episode. We watch all the reruns over and over. Welcome back to both of you. Icing on the cake would be for you both to fall in love and if the show has to end, let us know your characters are going to be together. Love you both so much!!!!!