Law & Order: Los Angeles: NBC TV Show Cancelled; No Season Two

Law and Order: Los Angeles canceledAfter several months away, original episodes of Law & Order: Los Angeles returned to the NBC schedule last month. April 11th was a sad day for fans of Skeet Ulrich as his character was killed off. A month later, the whole series has been eliminated. NBC has cancelled Law & Order: Los Angeles.

The latest in a long-running franchise, Law & Order: Los Angeles follows the men and women of the justice system in the Southern California metropolis. Castmembers include Alana de la Garza, Alfred Molina, Corey Stoll, Rachel Ticotin, Terrence Howard, Megan Boone, Regina Hall, and Ulrich.

The Dick Wolf series got off to an okay start back in September with a 3.2 rating in the 18-49 demographic and 10.64 million viewers. Unfortunately, the numbers took an immediate turn for the worse and the TV series lost 25% of the demo viewers in week two and another 21% in week three. After just a handful of weeks on the air, L&O:LA registered a truly horrible 1.7 rating in the demo.

Should L&O: LA have been cancelled?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

NBC announced that the series was being put on hiatus so that it could be reworked and relaunched. L&O:LA finally returned last month and few cared. The series lost 32% in the demo, compared to the last original episode in December. The next episode dropped another 27% and hit a series low with a 1.1 in the demo and 5.12 million viewers.

Though Wolf has a long history with NBC, it’s not enough to save this series. The peacock network has cancelled the show after one season. Because of the hiatus, only 13 of the 22 produced episodes have aired. Its expected that the remainder, including some that were produced before the revamp, will air.

What do you think? Are you disappointed that there won’t be a second season of Law & Order: Los Angeles? Why did it fail where others have succeeded? Did you like it better before or after the revamp?

Wondering where the rest of your shows stand? Check our NBC cancel/renew page.

Jonathon December 26, 2012 at 11:50 am

I follow all the Law and Orders , and at first I did not enjoy this series but I started to like it. Hopefuly they will do another series

Jeano Hawkins May 14, 2012 at 4:30 pm

I don’t know if it was moved more than once, but I do believe that the advertising for the show was kind of lame, and that could be one reason. Another reason I believe, is that Skeet Ulrich left a big hole in the series when his character died. I realize that the first L&O had a “seasoned veteran” with a rookie which worked for years, but if you do decide to revamp or bring it back, why not team Skeet Ulrich’s character with a female, some younger(crazy like a fox)person, or someone younger (around Skeet’s age) so they might be able to work off eachother…this was a very good show, one that I thought would be around for a while!!

Gwen September 27, 2011 at 7:39 pm

I am very disappointed that this show was cancelled. I looked for it in the Fall line up and when I did not see it, realized that it probably had been cancelled. I thought it was a terrific cast ( I liked the re-vamped version) and the writing was terrific. It was my favorite of the Law and Orders on TV right now. Give it another chance NBC!

shallon glover August 8, 2011 at 6:54 pm

terrence howard should have his own show. he is the best looking guy on tv or anywhere and he can act. cast him in a movie or put him back on tv now. stop wasting time.

Anonymous June 28, 2011 at 8:49 pm

I am really disappointed in the cancellation of L&O LA. It was actually my favorite show last season, even more than SVU which has just gotten ridiculous. Bring it back!!!!

sunshine June 27, 2011 at 6:46 pm

If Ulrich comes back, I will watch it again. When he died, I lost interest in the show.

Harley June 25, 2011 at 8:46 pm

Love L&O. Should do a crime story not an agenda each week. Keep personal lives out of the story. Need better writers not a different cast. Except should have kept Skeet Ulrich. Could probably bring him back, don’t have to explain, everyone would be so glad to see him they wouldn’t care.l