Law & Order: Special Victims Unit Renewed for Season 16

Law and Order SVU season 16NBC isn’t letting go of the Law & Order franchise. The network has renewed Law & Order: Special Victims Unit for a 16th season on the network.

The crime drama is NBC’s fourth-highest rated scripted series, currently averaging a 1.8 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 6.82 million total viewers. It’s one of the few network shows to be up year-to-year.

Law & Order: SVU follows an elite squad of detectives who investigate sexually based crimes in New York City. This season, the cast includes Mariska Hargitay, Ice-T, Dann Florek, Richard Belzer, Danny Pino, and Kelli Giddish.

What do you think? Are you glad to hear that SVU will be returning next season? Now that Surviving Jack has been cancelled, should they find a way to bring Christopher Meloni back?

Sonia July 2, 2014 at 3:25 pm

The show must be renew but with Eliot, Olivia, Munch, Fin, Amaro, Cragen and the Best ADA Casey Novak. They are the BEST OF THE BEST!! Never like Rollins. .I personally think she doesnt fit like a cop…

MaryMort July 2, 2014 at 6:00 pm

All of the people of the older SVU are the best I really don’t like a lot of the people on their now, it’s just not the same but I can always watch the older ones on USA because I never get tired of those

Dottie July 2, 2014 at 11:14 pm

I like Rollins for her computer skills. I’m a programmer. Other than that, I agree with your other picks, except for Casey Novak. I much prefer Alexandra Cabot (aka Stephanie March). She always seemed so much in tune to what was going on. Novak was just acting.

Livus48 July 2, 2014 at 12:25 am

I am happy this show was renewed, and I hope they continue for a while longer, the cast and crew is excellent. Should Elliot come back, well since he left the show, they have been doing fine. What I question more is season 15 and the reoccurring struggle and pain that Benson had to endure……Looks like breaking her was the big thing….and I must say I did not like that…Hope the writers will find an other line of story…..

Dottie July 2, 2014 at 11:16 pm

Perhaps Elliott could help… I think they could “milk” a lot more out of his family situation. I’m tired of Simon’s antics …

Dottie July 1, 2014 at 7:39 pm

I agree with EVERYBODY!!! Bring back Eliott!!!

ronnie jones June 28, 2014 at 7:20 pm

Bring back Elliott. Without Elliott law&order svu is not the same. I stop watching because benson and elliott and munch not there.

Karyn June 7, 2014 at 12:20 am

I am SOOOO glad it got renewed. I watch all the L&O reruns almost every day I can. And nothing would please me more than to see Christopher Meloni come back! I think that would even up the ratings higher!!!

Nathan May 23, 2014 at 4:24 pm

Glad this show got renewed. I do hope that Elliot Stabler comes back for a guest appearance before the show ends. I’ve already set up a petition and here’s the link if you want to sign it. http://www.petitionbuzz.com/petitions/bringbackstabler