Law & Order: SVU: Season 15 Ratings

law and order svu ratingsUnbelievable as it may sound, Law & Order: Special Victims Unit has returned for its 15th season on the air. It’s stuck around because it continues to be one of NBC’s top-rated shows. How long will that continue? Will show be renewed for a 16th season or be cancelled instead? We shall see.

Law & Order: SVU follows an elite squad of detectives who investigate sexually based crimes in New York City. This season, the cast includes Mariska Hargitay, Ice-T, Dann Florek, Richard Belzer, Danny Pino, and Kelli Giddish.

5/7 update: NBC has renewed this show for a 16th season.

5/22 update: You can see the rest of the latest night’s ratings.

For comparisons: The 14th season of Law & Order: SVU averaged a 1.7 rating in the demo and 6.40 million viewers.

What do you think? Do you still like the SVU TV series? Would you like to see it cancelled or renewed for 16th season?

Ebbie February 20, 2015 at 11:21 am

I was an avid “Law & Order: SVU” fan for many years. But after they got rid of Elliot Stabler, I started to lose interest. Don’t get me wrong, I like Olivia. They never really went into detail about what ever happened to Elliot and I find it interesting how Olivia never really seemed interested into trying to contact or locate Elliot. Now I think they are just grasping at straws and trying to come up with new story lines to keep the audience interested. But unfortunately, I think it is time to put “SVU” out of it’s misery. But it still would be interesting if Elliot Stabler or someone in his family showed back up as a victim or even the bad guy. I personally think, after watching the toll it is taking on Olivia, that she will some day soon go over the edge like Elliot and have a breakdown. She is starting to look tired, worn out and about to give up and walk away. As far as Amaro and Rollins, their characters are too weak and I think they should be eliminated. Besides, I don’t really care very much for Kelli Giddish, aka “Amanda Rollins”, especially after that inappropriate remark she made in a interview about Mariska’s breath.

Tel January 29, 2015 at 6:53 pm

The only way the show would get better is if they got rid of Rollins and Amaro. Their characters suck. As well as the bearded guy who replaced Cragen. Bring the old characters back! I wish Netflix hadn’t gotten rid of the earlier seasons. I would’ve watched those over the bland new ones.

kay liles January 14, 2015 at 11:41 pm

the show started out being based on police stories and their cases, the transition after chris meloni left was to center the show around mariska’s traumas and it stopped being what it was based on. it stopped being a police show and became a soap opera, i lost interest. now your just going back and forth. Enough!!

Karen Paradis November 18, 2014 at 9:09 pm

Jim who cares if you dont like anymore. They just dont focus on Mariska.They focus on everything.

Karen Paradis November 18, 2014 at 9:07 pm

I love this law & order svu I have never missed a episode its the best. I think Mariska is a great sergeant.

Jim Irving October 24, 2014 at 8:30 pm

When Mariska took over as the captain and the show continued to focus on her, I lost interest. The show no longer focused on the crimes but on her life. Who cares? Don’t watch it any more.

Joe August 7, 2014 at 12:56 am

Please renew law and order svu. It is a wonderful crime drama with always interesting story lines. I do have to agree that it was great when Detective Stabler was part of the group. Do have to mention that I thought it was ridiculous that Detective Cragen had to leave because of his age. Detective Olivia Benson is awesome and she makes the show. If they ask her to leave or she leaves on her own, you might as well cancel the show. I hope they take care of her too. Again, it was a mistake to get rid of Detective Cragen

James July 26, 2014 at 9:32 pm

I think this show should have never been renewed because its obvious the characters lost their heart after Stabler left.

Kayla June 25, 2014 at 6:41 pm

Don’t get me wrong. I love SVU…. But when the characters changed, it wasn’t the same. I watched SVU all the time because I love how Benson and Stabler worked together. But now that Stablers gone… Its not the same. And the new characters are garbage. I think it should be canceled

Jay June 8, 2014 at 11:41 pm

I don’t know what I’d do if this were last season of SVU. PLEASE RENEW! These characters are not only amazing but truly beloved among viewers, the “newbies” were picked exceptionally and have caught on quite brilliantly to the traditional vibe of the show. I especially love Ice-T and Mariska’s character bonding as they become the last originals on set. Mariska’s character, still growing, is role-model to all. Definitely still miss Stabler but the show has done the best with cutbacks in original cast members and “change” than I ever thought they could have. And overall they still continue to tell powerful stories that reach out to real people. Still a great show and remains unmatched.