Law & Order: SVU: Season 15 Ratings

law and order svu ratingsUnbelievable as it may sound, Law & Order: Special Victims Unit has returned for its 15th season on the air. It’s stuck around because it continues to be one of NBC’s top-rated shows. How long will that continue? Will show be renewed for a 16th season or be cancelled instead? We shall see.

Law & Order: SVU follows an elite squad of detectives who investigate sexually based crimes in New York City. This season, the cast includes Mariska Hargitay, Ice-T, Dann Florek, Richard Belzer, Danny Pino, and Kelli Giddish.

5/7 update: NBC has renewed this show for a 16th season.

5/22 update: You can see the rest of the latest night’s ratings.

For comparisons: The 14th season of Law & Order: SVU averaged a 1.7 rating in the demo and 6.40 million viewers.

What do you think? Do you still like the SVU TV series? Would you like to see it cancelled or renewed for 16th season?

Orest January 22, 2014 at 6:42 pm

It’d be great to see it renew, but with Belzer and Florek gone, it looks like it’s the end.

Maybe they should do what Everybody Loves Raymond did, end on a high note, not like Seinfeld.

PATTI January 21, 2014 at 7:22 pm

RENEW…WE LOVE THIS SHOW WATCH ALL THE TIME ON USA AND CLOO

paul January 20, 2014 at 10:21 pm

Renew!!! This is the only non-cable nwetwork show I watch. I also watch reruns on Cloo and USA. Mariska and IceT are mandatory keepers. Kelly Giddish is great as well.

Celini January 16, 2014 at 10:55 am

Renew this show, love watching it

SVU January 16, 2014 at 8:00 am

Of course it should be renewed the writing is sublime and the storys are engrossing everything else produced nowadays especially on free to air is just utter garbage thats turns people into morons eg. all reality garbage

Anonymous January 16, 2014 at 6:14 am

Renew

jtog January 10, 2014 at 4:07 am

Renew!! Changing the formula for success in a Dick Wolf produced show is working. We finally get to learn more about the Benson character and what drives her, good AND bad. I liken it to an intro to a new, bold character. This new Olivia is quite interesting!!!

Faith January 9, 2014 at 5:28 pm

Renew. This show has survived many changes. Mariska is the key.

Amber January 9, 2014 at 1:31 pm

This show is awesome and can come back for a season 16.. Please ask Mariska to come back with SVU for a season 16… She Is the heart of SVU… Dick Wolf should try and talk her in to coming back for a another season.. That way we could see someone from the old SVU team

Amber January 9, 2014 at 1:20 pm

Mariska is the heart of SVU… the only way the she will do a season 16 is Dick Wolf talk to Mariska about coming back for a another season…

Amber Smith January 9, 2014 at 1:16 pm

The only way this show will be able to do a season 16 if Dick Wolf try to do the best he can to keep Mariska on the SVU.. Because she is the only regular cop on their from the old SVU team.. If she leaves then the SVU show will depart with her.. Mariska is the big Heart of SVU…

Kayla December 30, 2013 at 8:28 pm

I love love this show. I liked stabler but I like nick just as much, the last 2 seasons have been great!! I really hope it gets renewed cause it’s the best crime show on tv!! I just hope olivia doesn’t quit the show cause i don’t think it would be as good without her!!

lisa December 17, 2013 at 6:49 pm

i think since stabler has left its just not the same i dont care for the new guy now munch is gone and soon cragen

pamela November 21, 2013 at 7:49 am

I love this show. I don’t care! You know why it doesn’t surspise u anymore? Because reality is far worse. Look at the Ariel Castro case! I am a survivor of sexual assault and I think shows like this should continue to be. We have to be aware, to know how to stay safe. When it happened I had never watched the series before. The result? He’s free because a counselor told me I deserved to be assaulted because I was flirting with him. Then I watched an episode by chance. It was my story on the tv. But the girl had the balls to tell the police. I didn’t. Now, I am 22 and I moved to another town, still have nightmares and flashbacks. Nobody knows except Joyfulheart Foundation and NoMore Found. You can’t know how much it can help, to watch the series and to feel that there’s someone out there who suffered more than you did. And Yes, If it wasn’t for Mariska and her Found, I would still be a silent victim. There I found support. I don’t feel alone anymore.

George November 8, 2013 at 11:59 am

This show is a shadow of its former self and needs to end. I have watched since the start and I can’t believe this is the show I started watching in 1999. The storylines are becoming repetitive and stale and downright boring. Time to bow out while it still has some dignity.