Law & Order: SVU: Season 15 Ratings

law and order svu ratingsUnbelievable as it may sound, Law & Order: Special Victims Unit has returned for its 15th season on the air. It’s stuck around because it continues to be one of NBC’s top-rated shows. How long will that continue? Will show be renewed for a 16th season or be cancelled instead? We shall see.

Law & Order: SVU follows an elite squad of detectives who investigate sexually based crimes in New York City. This season, the cast includes Mariska Hargitay, Ice-T, Dann Florek, Richard Belzer, Danny Pino, and Kelli Giddish.

5/7 update: NBC has renewed this show for a 16th season.

5/22 update: You can see the rest of the latest night’s ratings.

For comparisons: The 14th season of Law & Order: SVU averaged a 1.7 rating in the demo and 6.40 million viewers.

What do you think? Do you still like the SVU TV series? Would you like to see it cancelled or renewed for 16th season?

Alejandra March 15, 2014 at 4:31 pm

Don’t cancel the show its the best show so far i’m in love with Law and Order SVU we all want a 16th season Mariska is an INCREDIBLE Actress I love her a lot

sara March 15, 2014 at 12:55 am

Please don’t cancel just yet. we still have millions who watch this show. maybe a season longer or 2,

Jamie March 14, 2014 at 10:51 pm

SVU is by far the best show on TV and my favorite of all time! This show should not be canceled and should definitely be renewed for many more seasons! Please do not get rid of my favorite show…my husband & I would be devastated!

Jani March 7, 2014 at 5:14 pm

Do not
Cancel!!!

ally March 3, 2014 at 7:31 am

don’t cancel svu! it’s perfect.

James March 2, 2014 at 7:37 pm

SVU is brilliant, long may it continue

Paul February 28, 2014 at 7:36 pm

This show is still great. As long as Benson stays on, it will always be great. BTW, that Mathew Modine episode from long ago that someone mentioned is one of my least favorites. Talk about boring.

The tempo is up, and the show is rockin again!

nancy February 28, 2014 at 2:42 am

Please Cancel this tired show. Boring, boring-quit watching 2 or 3 seasons ago and now when I accidentally turn it on it has lost all touch with reality. Munch was the only ray of sunshine but it has just become a podium for politics. Let it go and bring back good old Law and Order.

Sharee February 26, 2014 at 9:41 pm

Yes of course it will be interesting sergeant Benson take control

Layne February 18, 2014 at 4:22 pm

I saw a re-run the other day that had Matthew Modine as guest star – it was not only the best Law & Order SVU episode I’ve ever seen, but one of the best hours of TV drama I’ve ever seen.

I saw a new episode a few weeks ago — and I’m sorry to say that this show is not in the same league as it once was; however, it’s still better than a lot of TV shows.

With all of the great old characters leaving, (Stabler, Munch, Cragen,) and the new ones not particularly interesting (especially Amaro,) maybe they could poach Detective Goren (Vincent D’Onofrio) and Eames (Katherine Erbe) from Law & Order: Criminal Intent..? That would be a show worth watching!!

Barbara Gaston February 7, 2014 at 8:32 pm

Definitely renew the show for season 16. This is one of the best seasons ever. I still don’t understand the reasoning that NBC has for letting go Richard Belzer and Dann Florek. To me that was the biggest mistake that NBC has made by letting these two (2) characters go. I love that they are now showing a little bit of the characters personal lives. I wish they would bring back the characters of George Wong and Melinda.

Enrique February 6, 2014 at 5:10 am

OF course we want more sea sones OF suv .all the time there is new material for the serie .it never get old it is actually the best show that i am seeing since star and still very interested on it .actually it make me relax and enjoy actually even moré than a movie .the only thing that it is bothering me is tha fact that elliot and now they are satine that Olivia TOO is/was leaving. If for any reason they want to bring more people to the show ,they can put Olivia and star leer in diferent charges or somenthing lke that as long as they still apear regular y ,also i like the work OF the captain….. Very good show every body can relate to it.

Robert villa January 28, 2014 at 2:19 pm

The show should definitely not be cancelled. It has to be the best show ever, so many twists and awesome plots and stories. I understand that the cast is slowly melting away, but they could come back as a guest spot, or have stables son becomes detective. There are so many ways to keep this show going. I have so many stories that fall within the show that I could help to keep this from crumbling. Keep up SVU.

carol smith January 22, 2014 at 9:13 pm

SVU is one of the best shows on TV. PLEASE do NOT cancel this show!

Anthony January 22, 2014 at 6:55 pm

Stabler gone, munch is gone and now captain cragen is gone. I had being a downer but I don’t know how this show is going too make it. I think it’s time for it to end now that a lot of the original cast members are leaving. This show has really lost its touch also. Earlier seasons are way better.

Anonymous February 12, 2014 at 2:46 pm

show definitely needs to be cancelled long overdue