Law & Order: SVU: Season 15 Ratings

law and order svu ratingsUnbelievable as it may sound, Law & Order: Special Victims Unit has returned for its 15th season on the air. It’s stuck around because it continues to be one of NBC’s top-rated shows. How long will that continue? Will show be renewed for a 16th season or be cancelled instead? We shall see.

Law & Order: SVU follows an elite squad of detectives who investigate sexually based crimes in New York City. This season, the cast includes Mariska Hargitay, Ice-T, Dann Florek, Richard Belzer, Danny Pino, and Kelli Giddish.

5/7 update: NBC has renewed this show for a 16th season.

5/22 update: You can see the rest of the latest night’s ratings.

For comparisons: The 14th season of Law & Order: SVU averaged a 1.7 rating in the demo and 6.40 million viewers.

What do you think? Do you still like the SVU TV series? Would you like to see it cancelled or renewed for 16th season?

Anonymous April 6, 2014 at 2:47 am

I am hoping the “Final Chapter” refers to that hideous guy who tortured Olivia. Enough of him!!

Otherwise, keep this show going for another season. The last few shows have been great, recapturing the early days of mystery/crime/police/justice.

Joan April 5, 2014 at 7:25 pm

Law & Order is a great show and don’t want it cancelled. This coming week show is making me think it is going to end as it is called the Final Chapter.

Amber April 3, 2014 at 4:05 pm

I would like to see a season 16 of SVU,and Mariska come back with SVU Please….

fay April 3, 2014 at 2:40 pm

Please keep this show on…I love the very real cases.

Anonymous April 3, 2014 at 1:06 am

I feel that NBC will be making a very poor decision if they cancel svu. It truly is one of the beats shows on tv. Not just my opinion but the rating also speak for themselves.

Anonymous April 2, 2014 at 11:21 pm

There is so little of any sort of intelligent television that the only show I watch is SVU. All good things eventually come to an end, but I would definitely vote for a 16 th season.

anonymous April 2, 2014 at 11:50 am

LAW AND ORDER SPECIAL VICTIMS UNIT DOES NOT NEED TO BE CANCELLED IT IS THE BEST SHOW EVER I LOVE IT IF YOU TAKE IT OFF THE AIR I WILL CRY FOR THE REST OF MY LIFE

Anonymous April 2, 2014 at 11:44 am

svu needs to have a 16th season if it is canceled I will cry for the rest of my life I love it so much

Paul March 24, 2014 at 6:16 pm

I know it will be a sweet 16 for SVU!!

Mariska Hargitay and Ice T are doing great as they settle into their new ranks.

Kelli Giddish keeps it fresh…but enough with the gambling…

Lat weeks episode went back to a straight cop/mystery show SVU style and was one of the best of the season!

danny March 24, 2014 at 2:54 pm

Well having a Season 16 will be hard unless benson is promoted to captain , christopher Meloni returns for 10 episodes as nick amaro’s partner , rollins and fin stay partners , Stephanie March returns as the buerau chief ADA of mahnattan special victims and ADA Barba returns also but this time both prosecuter’s , take turns prosecutoring svu cases not like have Barba and cox all on one episode its pointless barba isnt even the main cast member you have to be on every episode or alot more he has been on.

fay April 3, 2014 at 2:37 pm

Now that scenario would be ideal! It would make it to Season 50…I’m just saying

Martina March 23, 2014 at 7:10 pm

Please bring back SVU,for more seasons!! I LOVE this show!!

Jen March 23, 2014 at 2:38 am

The show NEEDS to be renewed! Please!!! #SVU16

Filipa March 22, 2014 at 1:17 pm

16th season PLEASE!!! This show is fantastic and cool. please

Susan March 17, 2014 at 5:25 pm

Law and Order SVU has to be one of the better shows on television today and on days when home the reruns on usa are watched at our house. Though we are disappointed on the fact that Dann Florek is no longer on the show. He was a great asset to the show his ways and manners of dealing with things were great.

Anon March 15, 2014 at 11:23 pm

Bring on S16 please! S15 has been a blast.. would never have thought that, back in the season 12 days, but SVU has finally picked up again!