Legend of the Seeker: TV Show Reportedly Cancelled, No Season Three

Legend of the SeekerWord is circulating today that Legend of the Seeker has been cancelled after two seasons. There hasn’t been an official announcement yet but it doesn’t look like there will be a third season.

Legend of the Seeker is a fantasy series about a young woodsman (Craig Horner) who discovers he is actually destined to be a heroic Seeker. The series also stars Bridget Regan, Bruce Spence, Craig Parker, and Kevin J. Wilson.

Things haven’t been looking so good for the syndicated series for awhile. The ratings had dropped and, last month, the Tribune company (which owns a lot of local stations that air LOS) decided not to pick it up for a third year.

ABC Studios and show producers said that the show had not being cancelled yet and that the studio was searching for other local stations to fill in for the Tribune stations.

There had been unofficial word that that process was going well. However, now it seems that ABC couldn’t find enough takers for LOS.

Sad as this news might be, it doesn’t come as a big surprise. The season’s viewership started at about 2.5 million in November and the April 10th episode barely brought in two million. That’s not an attractive trend for a new buyers.

Hopefully, the producers will be able to include some degree of closure to the final episode.

What do you think? Are you sorry to hear there won’t be a third season of Legend of the Seeker?

Eula Mack November 7, 2010 at 9:23 am

I think this was one of the best shows that has ever aired and strongly suggest that the producers and whoever else is involved in making sure the show has not only a season 3, but many, many more, get on the ball and make sure this show continues. It is a great family show and the characters and story line is phenominol!!

PLEASE BRING THE SHOW BACK!!!!

Richard November 4, 2010 at 3:23 pm

pls bring back los. am dying for season three

Bobby F November 2, 2010 at 12:45 pm

How can they drop legend of the Seeker, just because 1/2 million don’t watch it?
So you still have at least 2 Million!!!!! viewers????
Hello!! anyone out there??

Roger R October 30, 2010 at 8:15 am

I Just read some of the articles of The Seeker now coming back.I really think The writers
Should have the chance to complete a finale.Even though I’m a grown adult man,I like watching the weeking mystery about the program.
I also think as for the younger children living in the world of today this was a very good
program to view.My Saturdays or Sunday evenings just won’t be the same.
I will miss the show greatly.Hopefully the matter will be considered

Janie October 29, 2010 at 11:09 pm

After Zena and Hercules, Legends of the Seeker was my favorite syndicated series. I agree that it was difficult to find since it was pre-empted so many times on Fox network (go figure) which probably gave it the kiss of death. Wish the series another season but not holding my breath.

Neil October 24, 2010 at 1:06 pm

[Legend of the seeker] was a very enjoyable show untill you started this homosexual
Garbage if you will cut that out you can get more suport from veuers who do not want
there kids exposed to that life stile.

Scott & Selina October 17, 2010 at 7:57 am

This is one of the few shows both my wife and I watch together. We did not hear that it would be canceled but now it looks inevitable. We would love to see how the story ended. Some kind of finale!!! For the sake of my marriage… please bring it back!! ;)

kristy osytek October 16, 2010 at 9:11 pm

I caught this show by chance one day and began to watch it, as it was interesting.
I love the show and I wish it went on forever. I wish it was the only thing on television. How the show didn’t survive is beyond me but it is my favorite show and
I miss it already and I haven’ been this happy with a show in a long time.
Appreciate that is what on at all. I thank all who had an part in creating it (including the author of the books.)

Rick October 11, 2010 at 5:33 am

Please bring back LOS. It was the only program I looked forward to watching every week.
It deserves a chance for a third season. I’m begging here!!

Linda October 3, 2010 at 4:57 pm

We were faithful watchers of the LOS. We miss it. Bring it back!

Johnnyray Abhold September 27, 2010 at 5:57 pm

Dont cancel legend of the seeker!!!!
It wouldnt make sense to cut it off at the second season, i need to know what happens
next.
it is the coolest t.v. series ever, there is nothing like it, it is the only reason i watch t.v.

Melissa Gregory September 25, 2010 at 2:05 pm

I have enjoyed the Legend of the Seeker series and hate the thought of you not bringing them back for a third season. I agree with Jeff about the changes in the timeslotes having and effect on the program. If there is a way to bring the show back please find it .My granddaughter Jacqueline will miss the seeker too!

Monty September 24, 2010 at 9:52 am

PLEASE BRING BACK THE LEGEND OF THE SEEKER – LOVE THIS SHOW!!!!!

Jeff andrews September 20, 2010 at 12:14 am

This has been a wonderful series with good wirtting, great actors and some interesting plot developments and twists.
It would be a shame to see this series go because some people lost faith with it. I will be the first to admit that it has been a chore keeping up with the ever-changing time slots and channel changes.
If anyone wants to complain about something, it should be the fact that the stations always, without fail, take an interesting or exciting show and juggle it around on timeslots and channels. They will always place such a show opposite another equally good show in the same timeslot, this always results in frustration and anger. that coupled with the before mentioned juggling, is bound to leave the viewer dismayed.
Most of the viewers I know have given up on chasing the programs around the clock and started renting movies. (at least they don’t have to put up with commercials that are so loud that they HAVE TO mute the tv because of the excessive difference in volume)

Lewis September 11, 2010 at 5:21 pm

I was nearly in tears when I found out that LOS won’t be coming back why do they do that to good T.v. SHOWS and leave the crappy ones on the air they must be taken a page from abc ‘s book I think some one should star up a patention to bring back Legend of the Seeker then they will know that they have a good show on their hands.