Legend of the Seeker: TV Show Reportedly Cancelled, No Season Three

Legend of the SeekerWord is circulating today that Legend of the Seeker has been cancelled after two seasons. There hasn’t been an official announcement yet but it doesn’t look like there will be a third season.

Legend of the Seeker is a fantasy series about a young woodsman (Craig Horner) who discovers he is actually destined to be a heroic Seeker. The series also stars Bridget Regan, Bruce Spence, Craig Parker, and Kevin J. Wilson.

Things haven’t been looking so good for the syndicated series for awhile. The ratings had dropped and, last month, the Tribune company (which owns a lot of local stations that air LOS) decided not to pick it up for a third year.

ABC Studios and show producers said that the show had not being cancelled yet and that the studio was searching for other local stations to fill in for the Tribune stations.

There had been unofficial word that that process was going well. However, now it seems that ABC couldn’t find enough takers for LOS.

Sad as this news might be, it doesn’t come as a big surprise. The season’s viewership started at about 2.5 million in November and the April 10th episode barely brought in two million. That’s not an attractive trend for a new buyers.

Hopefully, the producers will be able to include some degree of closure to the final episode.

What do you think? Are you sorry to hear there won’t be a third season of Legend of the Seeker?

Bobie Donahoe October 24, 2011 at 6:11 pm

Oh dang seriously no 3rd season? I have been looking for this show and could not find it on any channels. Now I know why. Why is it being removed. I love this show please do a season 3 please.

Elaine August 6, 2011 at 7:53 pm

Just finished watching the Seeker series via NetFlix… It was awesome!! I couldn’t wait to get home from work to watch the next several episodes… Was checking to see when I could see the next season only to discover that there is no next season… I’m devastated to find it didn’t continue. Didn’t even know it was on TV until I saw it on NetFlix. Certainly wasn’t advertised to pick up interest. Would love to see more seasons… I agree with other comments… there is so much on TV that is boring and uninteresting beginning with all the “reality TV” shows. The Seeker was such a change of pace…
8/5/2011

Rhonda July 7, 2011 at 10:54 pm

I am so disappointed that this show is being cancelled…I loved this show…it’s different and I think it stinks that they took it off the air after only 2 years…while they some shows that I would never watch on forever…

Renee June 6, 2011 at 8:46 am

To all that care. Pls send an email asking Syfy asking them to pick up this show. Their email address is: feedback@syfy.com
They have Merlin which is a wonderful show. We no longer have Hercules & Zena the Warrior Princess so losing Legend of the Seeker really hits hard. If many come together they might consider this worth while. Which it is. Ask they to pls help save such a great show that could be included with their great show “Merlin” What do we have to lose at this point. So many other stations are picking up show that didnt do well with other stations, but the love of the fans brought it back on another station. Get as many people as you can to make a stand because as “many” we can make a difference. Good luck to us all. I have sent mine. Please send yours. Thanks!

kathy June 3, 2011 at 9:09 am

I love this show, I watched Merlin and then it moved to syfy which I don’t have, I love watching these two shows with my grandkids The time slot was hard to stop for the day and watch but we managed to do it wish it was brought back to Tv

Joy June 2, 2011 at 9:42 pm

I myself just found this series through NETFLIX. It is definately different than what is on PRIMETIME now, that is exactly why it NEEDS to continue. Syfy would be a GREAT home and give it a good time to show. The acting is great, getting tired of all the fight scenes, after two seasons I just fast forward through them. Love the Characters they really make the show. If it doesn’t continue, I would love to see these actors go on to do something else, and I will definately be buying the books to get some sort of closure.

Charlene April 10, 2011 at 6:52 am

I think at least one more season should be aired to end it off nicely for the fans. If not, do what family guy did and release it on DVD only.

Anonymous April 9, 2011 at 4:04 pm

WOW sorry to see it go! love this show!
WOW!
Not to many great ones out there and they have to cancel one that is sooooo goooood!! :(

M HARRIS April 5, 2011 at 12:29 pm

yes please do session 3. I brought the books to finish The Seeker storys.

gary gable March 26, 2011 at 2:52 pm

please save the ‘The Seeker ‘ show.

cathy March 20, 2011 at 5:02 pm

What is going on with T.V.

Hate reality tv

bring back sitcoms and fantacy

howard plowman March 19, 2011 at 7:50 am

jesus this show is great got to keep it on the air love it love it!!!!
lots of action and magic cant git any better.

Connie March 18, 2011 at 10:33 pm

I don’t think that they gave this show a chance, if Syfy would take it on and put it on before or after Merlin they would have MUCH better ratings. Great show, never fails they don’t give these shows a chance. I really love this show, SyFy, listen to us!

Jana & Roger March 17, 2011 at 11:51 am

please bring back the legend of the seeker. we watch it everyweek. Need something different then reality tv.

Luchia March 14, 2011 at 3:35 pm

OMG, I just got turned on to this series thru my NetFlix channel. I absolutely love it. The station here in Texas must have had this on at a weird time. I wish they’d make a season #3, but I know that will never happen. Whoever produced this series needs to make a new series…something mystical like this one. I think we all are tired of watching the junk that is on TV now-a-days.