Legend of the Seeker: Tribune Dumps Show But May Not Be Cancelled

Legend of the SeekerWhile the second season of Legend of the Seeker is still airing, a significant decision has already been made about the possibility of season three.

Legend of the Seeker is a fantasy series about a young woodsman (Craig Horner) who discovers he is actually destined to be a heroic Seeker. The series also stars Bridget Regan, Bruce Spence, Craig Parker, and Kevin J. Wilson.

The show is produced by ABC Studios and airs in syndication, primarily running on stations owned by the Tribune Company. The show debuted on November 1, 2008 and was renewed for second season after just 10 episodes had aired.

Season two kicked off on November 7, 2009 and now, after 13 episodes have aired, Tribune has decided they’ve had enough. According to KsiteTV and a representative of Tribune, the show’s ratings haven’t been good enough for them to renew Legend of the Seeker for season three.

Should Legend of the Seeker be cancelled?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

While ABC has not made an announcement that the show has been cancelled, the Tribune Company represents a large percentage of stations that carry the series. ABC will have to do a lot of legwork to get it picked up by enough other stations.

The big questions are if the ratings are good enough for other stations to want to pick up the show and if the revenue will warrant ABC keeping the show going.

Co-Executive Producer Mike Sussman isn’t ready to give up just yet. Yesterday, he twittered a photo his show’s hero with his favorite Mark Twain quote, “The reports of my death are greatly exaggerated.”

The remaining episodes of season two kick off on March 20th.

What do you think? Should Legend of the Seeker survive to see a third season?

Erika January 10, 2011 at 10:11 am

I really loved the show. I loved looking forward to having something to watch on saturday’s. I wish that some other channel could pick up the show, truely I do. I am there were a lot of issues in the show that was not explained. I mean is that what a show suppose to do is have you on the edge of your seat? All in all I will always be a fan and hope that they would find another producer, but if not good luck to all the cast members with the best of luck!

Dominic December 13, 2010 at 8:34 pm

I truly love this show it is one of the best shows I’ve ever seen on TV. I do not understand why this show is even being talked about in the same sentence with the word CANCELLATION. keep this show alive .

Sarah December 8, 2010 at 9:56 pm

I just found the legend of the seeker on netflix and i LOVE it!!!! i was mad when i heard they canceled. they should really keep into mind that not everyone has the time to watch it every day. i know i can. but at 11pm when im just setteling down. thats when i would watch untill 3 am. they should keep doing it and make dvd’s they would probly do alot better with it. and yes i know alot of misspelling, but i dont care

kirubiel December 4, 2010 at 3:51 pm

people clearly want for this show to be renewed what the hell is wrong with you renew it already and let us get our seekers back!!!!!!

kirubiel December 4, 2010 at 3:39 pm

please renew the show it is the best show on tv, it would be a crime not to renew it .

Kathy November 29, 2010 at 9:17 am

LOTS is the only reason I stay home on Satrurdays. I love this show, please do not take it off the air.

MESCHI November 28, 2010 at 10:41 am

I have to agreed…much better program than many of the other offerings currently on the air!! Certainly hope someone take notice of these comments reflecting what the audience wants!!!

Zein November 20, 2010 at 5:42 am

in my opinion, legend of the seeker is one of the best tv shows i’ve ever watched. it is aired all over the world (i would know as i am watching it from Jordan–> in the middle east) and it would be a worldwide disappointment if it was cancelled. the fact that they tried to cancel it and the fans rioted is proof of that. this legend should be carried on for more seasons, the story hasn’t ended and the fans will not stop rioting until they get more seeker episodes.
come on everyone, worse shows than this are being renewed so what’s up with this one now? why not make a third season?

Rh2277 November 14, 2010 at 8:21 pm

I would love to see a third season of Ledgend Of The Seeker. The characters are just begining to blossom into the kind of heroes you could relate to. I would love to see Kara find love and redemption for her past. Richard and Kaylin find a way to be together with out losing their powers, and Zed find a long lost wife and seattle down in his final days. Something along those lines. In SciFi you eventually have to blend the fantacy with reality in a way that allows the story to continue. That is the trick, and the trick to that, is haveing really good writers who do not go too far out their. That way the average American can relate to it and say, yeh that could happen. Or I wish that would happen.

Dodie Tolbert November 12, 2010 at 8:09 am

My husband and I love this show. We hate to see it end. It does need another season and many more. Someone need to reconsider and keep this show going.

footheavydee November 9, 2010 at 5:48 pm

I would like to start out by saying that ” This is a Big Mistake ” not to air the 3rd season of ” THE SEEKER ” . This movie is shared by millions of viewers who look forward to this show for family reason’s !!! The unity that this show display’s is unique in it’s self. Adult’s and children alike share in the respect and love that this show display’s through it’s character’s ! The things that are displayed are : Honesty, Trust, Love, Respect, Loyalty, and Morals that can be instilled in our children, and adult’s alike. Example : ( I have actually heard a family getting on a bus and separating, for work and school this family talking about one of the episodes that displayed Honesty and Love. This whole situation while I was going to work was so dramatic that part of the whole bus became involved with the little girl’s ideas about one of the episodes ) The Seeker has a ” POSITIVE IMPACT ON PEOPLE YOUNG AND OLD ” !!!!! The moralistic values that have been displayed in the past and present by ” THE SEEKER ” should be Highlighted and by all means the series must continue !!! We as a people and parent’s need more pictures like this series to continue to run ” INFINITELY ” !!!

Thank You Very Much !

Footheavydee

love November 9, 2010 at 5:07 pm

My husband and I love the show, plus we have seen all the episodes of Season 1 & 2 and they are wonderful. We love shows like this one. It truly is a great show. I truly want to see how it pans out, no matter what, they should finish what they started. Why stop in the middle of it??? I find it quite ridiculous.

Dana Snodgrass November 7, 2010 at 8:25 pm

Why not? The show should follow the series of “Sword Of Truth” novels. If Season 2 was based on “Stone Of Tears” then the next season should be based on “Blood Of The Fold” which I am reading now.

acanthus313 November 7, 2010 at 8:02 pm

Legend of the Seeker is the best show I’ve ever seen. Its sad that it ended with just 2 seasons. If any show deserves another chance, its this one. It beats the hell out of whats on tv right now. You couldn’t ask for a better cast. We need shows like this on tv. Theres way to many cops show and reality crap. It just needs to play at a decent time on the right channel. SAVE OUR SEEKER!!

JJ November 6, 2010 at 1:00 pm

WCVB in Boston never gave it a chance — no publicity — late hour scheduling — using it as a filler. It’s a lot better than the cr@p they show in prime time.