Legend of the Seeker: Tribune Dumps Show But May Not Be Cancelled

Legend of the SeekerWhile the second season of Legend of the Seeker is still airing, a significant decision has already been made about the possibility of season three.

Legend of the Seeker is a fantasy series about a young woodsman (Craig Horner) who discovers he is actually destined to be a heroic Seeker. The series also stars Bridget Regan, Bruce Spence, Craig Parker, and Kevin J. Wilson.

The show is produced by ABC Studios and airs in syndication, primarily running on stations owned by the Tribune Company. The show debuted on November 1, 2008 and was renewed for second season after just 10 episodes had aired.

Season two kicked off on November 7, 2009 and now, after 13 episodes have aired, Tribune has decided they’ve had enough. According to KsiteTV and a representative of Tribune, the show’s ratings haven’t been good enough for them to renew Legend of the Seeker for season three.

Should Legend of the Seeker be cancelled?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

While ABC has not made an announcement that the show has been cancelled, the Tribune Company represents a large percentage of stations that carry the series. ABC will have to do a lot of legwork to get it picked up by enough other stations.

The big questions are if the ratings are good enough for other stations to want to pick up the show and if the revenue will warrant ABC keeping the show going.

Co-Executive Producer Mike Sussman isn’t ready to give up just yet. Yesterday, he twittered a photo his show’s hero with his favorite Mark Twain quote, “The reports of my death are greatly exaggerated.”

The remaining episodes of season two kick off on March 20th.

What do you think? Should Legend of the Seeker survive to see a third season?

Rachel D. March 22, 2011 at 11:56 pm

RENIEW RENIEW RENIEW!! YOU NEED TO THE FANS WANT IT BACK!

saleem March 15, 2011 at 1:42 pm

i will stop watching tv shows,,,
this will be discusting if there is no end to a story,,,,,,,,
Dark n Raw is still alive i want him dead,,,,
want to see more of it,,,,,,,

alex March 15, 2011 at 12:19 pm

I LOVE DIZ SHO N LEGEND OF THE SEEKER NEEDS TO CUM BACC
NOW!!!!I WZ EXCEPTING THE NEW SEASON TO AIR ALREADY!!!
SO DNT END IT NW…IM ENJOYING WATCH DIZ SERIES!!SO KEEP
IT CUMIN…CUZ CNT GET ENOUGH OF “LEGEND OF THE SEEKER”….
CHEA KNO….I LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT!! SO WE REALLY NEED A 3 SEASON!!!!!!
SRY FO THOSE WHO CNT READ DIS COMMENT IT JZ ME TYPIN IN SLANG!!!MA BADD

Nathaniel March 13, 2011 at 11:04 pm

Please don’t stop the show, a lot of people have grown to love this show including my self me and my girl friend started watching season 2 then went back to get caught up. There just gotta be a season 3.

Line398 March 11, 2011 at 7:36 pm

I’m from Germany and I am here to say that all of my friends love “Legent of the Seeker”, so we absolutely need season 3! Please, please – this great TV show must go on!!! We will tell everybody about it and try to get more viewer here in Germany – please, please, please make a third season!

Anonymous March 11, 2011 at 6:10 pm

WE WANT SEASON 3 NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PLEASE!!!!!!!!

Jake March 6, 2011 at 9:40 pm

Let it LIVE!!!!

UncleRancid March 2, 2011 at 1:09 pm

Hey, how about an update???

Here it is a year after this article was posted and still no word yet as to the final status of LOTS.

I can understand some reluctance about renewing, however, the most common complaint I’ve read is that LOTS was shown at 5PM on Saturdays; or 6PM Sundays; or some other weird time. And, I understand their concerns about ratings, but it’s entirely the fault of Tribune Media for running the show in non-primetime hours.

So, update us already!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

admin March 2, 2011 at 9:24 pm

@UncleRancid: Here you go: http://tvseriesfinale.com/?p=14574

Hoaaast February 25, 2011 at 5:04 am

Мне очень понравился этот сериал, я посмотрел весь первый сезон за 2 дня, и второй почти также верните нам Искателя!
ДОЛЖЕН БЫТЬ ТРЕТИЙ СЕЗОН!

BDW February 20, 2011 at 8:33 pm

I really hope the show continues. I love a good fantasy show and this one has it all. It would really be a shame to see another good show get cancelled due to inaccurate polls and ratings. More than likely the drop in score has nothing to do with the quality of the show but other factors that are not being considered, like people having to take 2-3 jobs just to make it in todays economy. Anyway….KEEP IT GOING!!!! ……… Please ?!?

mm February 15, 2011 at 7:55 am

Ahhhhh…..h I’m going crazy without knowing wats going to happen next. D show must continue to stop me nd my friends from exploding out of anticipation nd impatientness. Pls go on!!!

mm February 15, 2011 at 7:51 am

I luv d series!!! Started watching 2 days ago(13/02/11) nd got so addicted to it that I watched both season 1nd 2 in 3 days though my semesters r around d corner!!!! Must continue!!! Ppl r crazy even to think of stopping the series!!!!!! Pls go on!!!!!

Lisa February 8, 2011 at 1:49 am

Yes, I love this show from the first season episode 1, I was definitely hooked. Please keep the tv series “legend of the seeker” going through third season and beyond.

Jo Aultman January 29, 2011 at 5:50 pm

WE WANT IT ALL!!!! and we WANT IT NOW!!! for good GOD they renewed True Blood and the acting sticks out loud!!! they have no clue as to what the books are!!

stacy January 24, 2011 at 4:57 pm

i dont really think you have to be a genius to realise what we seeker fans want do you?
WE WANT SEASON 3!!!!! this show deserves a shot, a better time slot and much better publicity. you didnt do it justice! so do it justice NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!