Legend of the Seeker: Star and Producer Confirm Show’s Cancelled

Legend of the SeekerYesterday, we reported that Legend of the Seeker there were strong rumors that the TV show had been cancelled after two seasons on the air. ABC Studios, which produces the program, hasn’t made an official announcement. However, two of the show’s most vocal supporters have.

Actress Bridget Reagan (Confessor Kahlan) wrote, via Twitter, “Got some sad news that Seeker is no more. So sad to say goodbye to my NZ family but excited for what’s next.”

Via his own Twitter account, producer Mike Sussman wrote, “The quest is complete. Thank you so much to our amazing cast, crew & all our fans, it’s been an awesome two years. We will miss you all.”

What do you think? Was Legend of the Seeker worth watching? Why do you think the show’s ratings were on the decline?

Leif November 21, 2010 at 4:20 am

Such a shame. Not many good adventure/fantasy shows around.

Dixie November 13, 2010 at 2:42 pm

I am very bummed i loved the series

Donna November 11, 2010 at 1:56 pm

We really loved this show. So disappointed that it is not coming back. We really get tired of taking the time to really get into a show just to have it cancelled after a short time. With all the shows on TV now days & so much to watch sometimes it takes time to get a following & they don’t give people enough time to find the show before they cancel it. I didn’t even know about the show until the 2nd season when we came across it one evening. I’m going to quit watching shows that continue every week.

TLL November 1, 2010 at 11:47 pm

I’ve been waiting for the third season and just found out the show was cancelled. This was such a great fantasy show with excellent acting. A much better series than most of what is on prime time. One of a handful of shows my teenager and I both enjoyed. How does a network expect a show to have many viewers when it is on at 1230am! I only ran across it by accident and had to record it. Many people I told to watch the show could not do so because they did not have a recorder, or a computer and could not stay up till 130am before a work day! It is really sad to see this show go. I was not this dissapointed since Moonlight was cancelled by CBS. Good luck to the cast. If any network was smart they would restart the show and put it on primetime!!!

JDT October 31, 2010 at 5:17 pm

I can’t believe that they canceled this show. It took me a little while to get into it, while my husband watched it from the beginning. Once I was watched it, Iwas hooked. Now they have canceled it like they do all the good ones. I am disappointed and I think that they have lost a viewer on channel 17. We are stuck with repeats and reruns of some shows you could not pay me to watch, and the good ones are taken away with the blink of the eye. Goodbye legend of the seeker and goodbye channel 17, a station with lack of vision.

Vic October 31, 2010 at 5:06 pm

Once again one of the few shows worth watching has been canceled. This was one of the few shows actually worth watching. Not much good television shows left.

Nikki H October 23, 2010 at 8:59 pm

I LOVED this show! I really hope this is not cancelled. This is really hard to swallow. So sad…

Lyle October 18, 2010 at 12:00 am

What the hell is wrong with tv people when they put shows on at a really crappie hour with NO fanfare of it even being on. This show should have been on prime time.
Just a note, the same thing happened with star Trek with Scott Bacula, The IDIOTS in tv-land put it on a network that is little known and wonder why it didn’t succed. Again I wasn’t even aware it was on until accidentally finding it on a channel guide. Come on people, if you want your networks to succeed, then let people know they are there like you do for some of the crappiest programs that are currently running in prime time.
Lets get LOS back on the air IN PRIME TIME. Put LOST and some of these so called reallity shows on in the middle of the night and see how well they do!

Rockett October 16, 2010 at 12:14 am

This sucks I thought the show was getting more and more popular, but I guess not. Is there any way it could be brought back? They bring back shows all the time. I loved watching this show and don’t understand the reasons for its cancelation.

Danny September 30, 2010 at 1:24 pm

I’ve read all the Sword of Truth books by Terry Goodkind and loved every one of them. This show however was far too much like Hercules and Xena, way too silly. I was hoping for more of a Lord of the Rings look and feel to it as the books are much more serious and enjoyable.

I did watch all of both seasons on Hulu and I am sad that it’s getting canceled, but I can definitely understand why. This was not a kids book and should not have been a kids tv show. I’m not saying it should have been as “adult” as the books are, but like I mentioned above, more LotR and less Xena:Warrior Princess.

kris December 27, 2010 at 2:53 am

Right at 12:30am as the show time it was made for kids….ur a idiot

Rebecca September 25, 2010 at 9:08 pm

I loved this show, but CBS ran it at 12:30 a.m.!!! Sunday morn. No wonder it had low ratings. The time slot killed it.

Nicole September 21, 2010 at 1:51 pm

I loved this show and it makes me really sad to think that it is not more. but I guess nothing lasts forever.

Heather September 20, 2010 at 4:50 pm

And Richard and Kalan never got to do it…

Cheryl S September 18, 2010 at 11:01 am

Bummer! We really liked this show!

Stormy September 17, 2010 at 12:53 am

I absolutely loved this show…. to be able to leave the trials and tribs of every day life once a week- was a God send for me. Now we get more of the crap shows like Bachelorette, and the Bachelor. All these reality shows aren’t even worth me turning TV on. I just log on to netflix or Hulu and watch the shows that take me away from real life. I have started watching the Gates, but it doesn’t given me anything that Legend of the Seekers did.