Legend of the Seeker

Legend of the SeekerNetwork: first-run syndication
Episodes: 44 (hour)
Seasons: Two

TV show dates: November 1, 2008 – May 22, 2010
Series status: Cancelled

Performers include: Craig Horner, Bridget Regan, Bruce Spence, Craig Parker, and Kevin J. Wilson.

legend of the seeker past TV show

TV show description:
In this fantasy series, the world is separated into three provinces; Westland, the Midlands, and D’Hara. Westland and the Midlands are separated by a boundary which keeps magic out of Westland. The inhabitants of the Midlands are overseen by The Confessors, a magical group who have the ability to “touch” a person’s soul and give them great power.

D’Hara is ruled by Darken Rahl (Craig Parker), an evil tyrant who wants to bring the Midlands and Westland into his own empire and make the residents his slaves. He searches for the Three Boxes of Order which would give him ultimate power.

After Rahl’s army invades the Midlands, a Confessor named Kahlan Amnell (Bridget Regan) travels to Westland to find a wizard to help defeat Rahl. While there, she is aided by a young woodsman named Richard Cypher (Craig Horner). They become friends and travel together to see Richard’s friend, Zeddicus “Zedd” Zu’l Zorander (Bruce Spence). Many believe Zedd to be a crazy old man but he is actually the First Wizard and Richard’s grandfather.

Richard learns that he is actually a Seeker, “a hero who arises in the times of trouble and suffering and seeks out evil.” He is initially reluctant to fill this role but eventually does and Zedd becomes his mentor.

denise January 1, 2012 at 7:19 pm

I can’t believe that the sci-fi channel didn’t pick this show up, it fits right in, I emailed everyone I could think of at all of the networks, no one would listen, lost another great show, the big wigs don’t know everything, they screwed up on this one.

Renee June 6, 2011 at 12:24 pm

To all that care. Pls send an email asking Syfy hem to pick up this show. Their email address is: feedback@syfy.com
They have Merlin which is a wonderful show. We no longer have Hercules & Zena the Warrior Princess so losing Legend of the Seeker really hits hard. If many would come together they might consider this worth while. Which it is. Ask them to pls help save such a great show that could be included with their great show “Merlin” What do we have to lose at this point. So many other networks are picking up shows that didnt do well, but the love of the fans brought it back to a network. Get as many people as you can to make a stand because our voice as “many” can really make a difference and a much better impact. Good luck to us all. I have sent mine. Please send yours. Thanks!

Jamie Riesdorph April 28, 2011 at 5:09 am

I absolutely loved this show and am horrified that its being canceled. Why are so many awesome shows being canceled? Just not right to get fans hooked then drop us like that!

Jim Vouzas March 27, 2011 at 11:38 pm

Please don’t cancel the show,… Seriously The Way you guys do Ratings sucks & is incorrect & does not give a accurate description of the ratings the show gets or its popularity,…
Jump online and go on any torrent site and you’ll see 1,000′s of people downloading or streaming the shows,… & it’s like that on every site,… 1,000′s of sites with 1,000′s of people downloading or streaming,… So you really need to update the way you use your technology to get more accurate ratings on shows,…
You guys keep canceling extremely popular shows without a clue on their popularity,… You put shows on long breaks and then wonder why ppl loose interest or stop watching,…
This is the reason why most ppl grab whole seasons and watch them right through,… or like myself download each ep live from the usa each week,…
I hope this helps you understand and perhaps look to better more precise methods in determining the accuracy of rating and stop canceling popular shows in future,…
Kindest Regards,…
Jimy V.

Linda March 24, 2011 at 8:02 am

Loved this show. I did have a hard time finding it at times. Also, when I set my DVR to tape it, the ends of shows were frequently cut off (previous shows running late?). Despite the frustration, I persisted. Can’t believe it was cancelled. Would love to see this show return.

Brad October 25, 2010 at 3:05 am

Wow. I just accidentally ran across this show on ABC at 3 am monday mornings. I only got to watch a few episodes, but was hooked after the first one. This show MUST be saved!!!!

Cat Conrory August 1, 2010 at 6:38 pm

I can’t believe they’re even thinking of canceling Legend of the Seeker !
The show is Great.
Please, DON’T CANCEL this GREAT show!!!!

Cordilia Q July 13, 2010 at 8:01 pm

PLEASE. There are so few shows that keep my interest. I follow this show weekly. I look forward to seeing the next step in the series. Come on!!! Please!! Give us MORE!!! This program is interesting, funny, loving, adventereous, mysteries, easy to follow and takes me to a fantasy world I need to go to …. Please… Thank you very much!!!

jennifer May 19, 2010 at 2:04 pm

Legend of the Seeker is the BEST show on television!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
GIVE US A SEASON 3 AND 4 AND MORE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jessica Jones April 29, 2010 at 6:10 pm

Legend of the Seeker has not been officially canceled–there is still HOPE. PLEASE be pro-active in saving this fantastic show! Our fan base is large, diverse, and very dedicated. Click on the link below to go to the largest fan site to learn what we are doing to keep our Seeker–and how YOU can help—FANS UNITE

This link takes you to a central location-you will find everything you need to get involved in our campaign!

Robert Schuh April 2, 2010 at 4:39 pm

I am praying there is a season 3 and maybe even a season 4 & 5 or more because the show is so great with Richard & Kahlen together which I hope they can have children later.in more seasons of Legend of the Seeker which I rate at 10. the show is superb with Zed Kahlen & Richard who is the seeker & Kahlen is the confessor who are in love. the show has romance love adventure and magic and even more which I love in the show also which I already said I rate at a 10 & that the seasons of Legend of the Seeker continues for a lot of more seasons.

Robert Schuh April 2, 2010 at 4:33 pm

Don’t cancel the TV show Legend of the Seeker it is one of the rare TV shows that is one of the best TV show on today I rate it at a 10 & I also love that it has romance adventure sword fighting & magic.I would like that Legend of the Seeker go’s for more than just a 3rd season it is definitely worth having more seasons plus I would like if they could find a way that Kahlen & Richard later on or sooner that they can have physical contact without Richard having to be confessed so they could have children later on in the show & that they would get married later on.They make the best pair of lovers in a show I would like if they could have physical contact without Richard getting hurt by Kahlen’s power.But he loves her enough that just being with her is enough sometimes for them although both of them would like to have children which sometimes is hard on them because they cant have sexual contact but they love each other enough that being together is enough even though they would like more. the show is certainly worth more seasons even 3 or four more seasons or even more.

jaetee March 11, 2010 at 1:31 am

Growing up I have always loved this kind of Fantasy. I have always wanted to live in a time of swords and wizards and magic. If this were real I would so be Kahlan. I really hope that there is a third season. I just discovered this series last week and have already watched all of season 1 and the 13 episodes of season 2 on netflix. I am now anxiously awaiting for episode 14 which is to air on the 20th. I really hope that it doesn’t get canceled. That would be a very sad day. There is nothing good to watch on tv anymore. It is all trash except for a few shows…this one, lost, and bones. And Lost is soon going to end forever. So I really hope they don’t cancel this one. This is my all time fav show.

Chelle February 25, 2010 at 4:02 pm

At first, I felt that this show was awkward and hard to get into, but now, I love it. I watch primarily online via hulu and I really can’t apologize for that though I know it doesn’t help the ratings. Its how I prefer to watch TV shows. To the point: This show is fun and honestly there is so little fantasy shows out there and it is a shame because in the midst of medical and crime dramas… there really needs to be more options of things that are just of the imagination. Granted, being a fan of the books makes it hard to not be critical of the show… I felt I could have done a better job with some of the story directions, but I’ve generally really enjoyed watching their version of the Legend of the Seeker unfold.

Laura January 27, 2010 at 6:52 am

I hope Legend of the Seeker gets picked up for a season three! This is the best show out there and the only one I regularly tune into every week. There isn’t anything like it on TV right now!