Legit: FXX TV Show Cancelled, No Season Three

Legit TV show canceled, no season 3FXX has pulled the plug on Legit after two seasons. Tonight’s episode will also serve as the comedy’s series finale.

Legit revolves around a fictional version of Australian stand-up comic Jim Jeffries who’s made it big on the comedy circuit in the US and now wants to grow up. His friends and Venice, CA roommates are his divorced and alcoholic best friend, Steve (Dan Bakkedahl), and Steve’s brother, Billy (DJ Qualls) who suffers from muscular dystrophy. Episodes are based on Jeffries’ stand-up routines.

The series has struggled in the ratings, particularly once it moved from FX to FXX. As a result, the cable channel has decided they don’t want a third season.

In a post on his Facebook page, Jeffries wrote, “Legit has been cancelled. Sorry to everyone who was a fan of the show, please watch tonight it’s the final two episodes. I am very proud of the work that I did on this show and I made friends that ill have for life. So I’m going to try and not be sad about this.”

What do you think? Did you like Legit? Are you sorry that it’s been cancelled? Do you think it should have been renewed for a third season?

Canceled and renewed TV show

Jenny May 15, 2015 at 2:46 pm

I always hate when I get to the end of a great show to find out that it has been cancelled. Such a great real storyline with real people and a great bit of humor. Reminds me of californication which was another great show but was given a lot longer run. Loved the characters especially Rodney. Would love to see more but I am getting used to the disappointment of the cancellation of shows… Finder, Life and other great shows, oh well!

NOT HAPPY May 14, 2015 at 9:29 pm

I’m not mad or upset I am disappointed. why ? I find a program worth watching and some shot caller canceled one of the best entertaining shows next to the Walking Dead because he or she says so! WOW!!! APPALLED AT YOUR JUDGEMENT! He or she should pack there S#&T and leave now; Maybe audition for a roll as a Zombie in the Walking Dead as a Zombie I think the roll will suit you well and maybe your calling who knows.
Best of luck truly yours,
COMMON SENSE

Sergio May 14, 2015 at 9:10 pm

I love Legit it was the funniest and the realest show on tv and has 4.9 stars on Netflix.

Matt May 10, 2015 at 10:20 pm

Can’t believe this show got cancelled. They had a great cast and the writing to back them up. It was original and looked at a lot of different issues that folks are up against. This should have been a 10 season show easy. Netflix wake up and sign these guys up!

Alfredo May 9, 2015 at 7:06 pm

My wife and I loved this show. We watched all the episodes on netflix, and I sadly came here to learn that it was cancelled. Unbelievable! This was one of the best shows, innovative, humorous, and thought provoking. Maybe the latter was making some people uncomfortable, and that’s the reason behind it.

Anonymous May 4, 2015 at 2:31 am

Well this article just ****** up my night. Great show, very disappointing ending

Samantha May 2, 2015 at 12:21 pm

Great show. Too bad it’s not renewed on FXX… but I like the idea of a possible 3rd season via Netflix, like arrested development did….

**** FX AND FXX May 1, 2015 at 4:43 am

**** YOU PIECES OFF **** FOR TAKING OFF ONE OF THE ONLY REALIST SHOWS ON CABLE NETWORK.. **** YOUR CHANNEL NOW IM GOING BACK TO COMEDY CENTRAL
LEGIT FAN 4 LIFE

Morgan April 26, 2015 at 8:36 pm

This is golden , how could this get canceled??

Alex April 25, 2015 at 2:27 am

HOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW?

Alex April 25, 2015 at 12:42 am

The show was awesome
I watched it on Netflix
Don’t have a cable tv
As soon I was done with season 2
I start looking for season 3 right away
Great show man

Anonymous April 25, 2015 at 9:29 pm

absolutely man. I agree. It’s so great. I wish it would come back.. but it looks like they have no plans to.

Anonymous April 24, 2015 at 12:44 am

This show was awesome. Can’t believe it got cancelled

bryant April 20, 2015 at 12:13 am

I don’t watch much TV but I followed this show on NetFlix. I don’t even have cable or satelite and this show made me consider paying for cable again just so I didn’t have to wait on Netflix to get it. This Show should be picked up by someone.With the junk that is still on TV how does this get canceled?

Anonymous April 30, 2015 at 1:02 am

Why not on something like Netflix. They are making more and more Netflix original shows. They do edgy stuff and I think it would fit perfectly as a Netflix Series. Thoughts? That is where I discovered it as well. Netflix is where I found it and why I found this article.

Anonymous May 6, 2015 at 6:14 pm

I agree. Netflix is a great fit. I hope they make it happen. I just blasted the the first 2 seasons on Netflix and stumbled upon this hoping season 3 was available. Damn! It’s a very real, edgy comedy