Legit: FXX TV Show Cancelled, No Season Three

Legit TV show canceled, no season 3FXX has pulled the plug on Legit after two seasons. Tonight’s episode will also serve as the comedy’s series finale.

Legit revolves around a fictional version of Australian stand-up comic Jim Jeffries who’s made it big on the comedy circuit in the US and now wants to grow up. His friends and Venice, CA roommates are his divorced and alcoholic best friend, Steve (Dan Bakkedahl), and Steve’s brother, Billy (DJ Qualls) who suffers from muscular dystrophy. Episodes are based on Jeffries’ stand-up routines.

The series has struggled in the ratings, particularly once it moved from FX to FXX. As a result, the cable channel has decided they don’t want a third season.

In a post on his Facebook page, Jeffries wrote, “Legit has been cancelled. Sorry to everyone who was a fan of the show, please watch tonight it’s the final two episodes. I am very proud of the work that I did on this show and I made friends that ill have for life. So I’m going to try and not be sad about this.”

What do you think? Did you like Legit? Are you sorry that it’s been cancelled? Do you think it should have been renewed for a third season?

Canceled and renewed TV show

119 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. JP says

The crowd he’s looking for doesn’t watch fx or fxx. This show should be on Netflix. This is the story with many other shows on cable. The internet is where the market is.

2. Trisha Copen says

This is complete bullcrap. Im not much into television but legit is the sh*t. Just found out no season 3. What is wrong w u people. Im never watching FX again. Jim jefferies I love you

3. pat apple says

i never knew it was on FX; i’ve been watching it on netflix and am so disappointed it no longer exists. I can’t imagine it won’t get picked up elsewhere. netflix might be the perfect place for it. I believe FX prematurely canceled (dennis) leary’s shows that were rather spectacular as well. Perhaps they ought to produce more reality shows, throw in a kardashian or two with howie mandell and carrot top. I shudder to think how much money the people that make these decisions make; I specifically did NOT use the term “EARN.” I’m beginning to look forward to the demise of television as we know it. As long as I can still watch soccer I’ll be a sucker for TV, but I can narrow my FIOS package to soccer channels only which would save me roughly $100 per month.

4. says

Someone told me to watch the show on Netflix and after watching it I was obsessed. Was a real bummer to hear about it being canceled! It’s hard to come across a television show that has the balls to be raw. Can’t wait to see him San Diego!

5. willie says

F/X sucks! they cancelled the funniest show on cable . This was one of the more realistic shows on cable and they blew it.

• pat apple says

i could not possibly agree with you more! absolutely brilliant, funny, heartfelt and real. I was obsessed after the first episode. I can’t imagine that the powers that be didn’t find it entertaining. If it was because of ratings, there is a little thing called “marketing” that sells the most useless **** ever manufactured. Since “parks and rec” ceased to exist, this was the only show I enjoyed watching. Let me know if run across similarly brilliant and creative shows. I’m so freaking frustrated.