Let’s Make a Deal: Wayne Brady Won’t Stay Forever

Wayne Brady on Let's Make a DealGame show legend Monty Hall presided over the various incarnations of Let’s Make a Deal for more than 20 years. Though the current version is a success for CBS, don’t expect Wayne Brady to stick around for that long.

In a recent interview, Brady expressed that he doesn’t want the job to go on and on and noted that Let’s Make a Deal has turned out to be a lot more consuming than he expected.

He told Beck/Smith, “Everything always turns out to be harder then I expect it to be. Whenever I tell myself, ‘Oh, I can do this in my sleep,’ it turns out to be more difficult than I imagined.”

The energetic performer also said, “To be honest, I have no desire to turn into the king of game shows. I consider myself an actor foremost, and a writer and singer, and I still tour and do Broadway shows.”

Brady previously hosted Don’t Forget the Lyrics for FOX but reportedly turned down the opportunity to do The Price Is Right and Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader?. If given the chance, he’d like to take on a sitcom, but only if it’s truly funny and comparable to current standouts like Modern Family, 30 Rock or How I Met Your Mother (where he has guested a couple times, as Barney’s brother).

What do you think? Would you like to see Brady stay with Let’s Make a Deal or would you like to see a different host?

Canceled and renewed TV show

71 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. Anonymous says

i like the show, does not matter who the host is. Wayne Brady should move on if that is what he wants to do.

2. Kevin says

As a young child I remember the original ABC Let’s Make A Deal with the fabulous Monty Hall and Jay Stewart and the beautiful and classy Carol Merill. Monty, Jay and Carol had the perfect chemistry working together. Let’s Make A Deal was a classy show, it could be silly, it was fun to watch and the entire production was a major success.

The Billy Bush version of Let’s Make A Deal that was released years ago was hideous. Billy Bush is a horrible host. Needless to say the show bombed very quickly.

The current version of Let’s Make A Deal is closer to its original format, but Wayne Brady is dreadful. His sidekick (what’s his name?) is equally inferior. Ratings apparently are pretty good for the show but for me it is an unwatchable program.

If you were to watch a vintage version of Let’s Make A Deal and then the current version you’d see just how darn good Monty Hall and Jay Stewart were together. It was a whole different time when television was good. It seems like everything producers attempt at reviving nowadays is inferior. Now don’t get me started on Drew Carey and The Price is Right……

3. Anonymous says

I grew up watching Let’s Make a Deal….Now it seems like they spend more time singing and acting then doing deals. As soon as they start singing I change the channel. I want to see deals not that foolishness.

4. Gino Ray says

I think Wayne is doing a good job on the show.
    However it is obvious he thinks he is over qualified for a lowly host job, so let him go.
    Best of luck and I hope you don’t look back in a few years and wished you would have stayed with that excellent paying job until you were financially secure for life.
    Friend Gino

5. LORETTA RESPASS says

YOU PEOPLE WHO SAYS WAYNE SUCKS JUST WHAT DO U MEAN? DON’T HATE APPRECIATE GREAT TALENT, I BET UR NOT TALENTED AS HE IS. I THINK HE IS FANTASTIC ,HE MAKES THAT SHOW FUN AND A JOY TO WATCH. ROCK ON WAYNE. I LOVE U.

• says

my view on brady he is to full of himself, i really do not think that he is funny at all. a pompas ass. now he wants to a sitcom and i truly feel he is to commercial and could not sustain an audience. his singing and comedy sucks and favors his own kind a little to much.

6. james arnold says

I have grown to like the Lets Make A Deal show and wonder why things are cancelled without any notice. It is not being shown in the 10 AM slot on the Washington D.C area.

• jodi van says

Can’t get it either in Orange County CA. What happened? We have Direct TV and it is no longer showing on that or regular local channels. It may be on cable somewhere as someone said it is still being taped.

7. Mary Anne says

I like Lets Make A deal, It is humorous and entertaining. Wayne Brady is a good host. Now I have nothing to watch at 10am.

8. Anonymous says

I think Wayne Brady does an excellent job. He brings life to the show. It’s very intertaining. I really hope Wayne comes back. Bring back lets make a deal with Wayne!

Barbara