Let’s Make a Deal: Wayne Brady Won’t Stay Forever

Wayne Brady on Let's Make a DealGame show legend Monty Hall presided over the various incarnations of Let’s Make a Deal for more than 20 years. Though the current version is a success for CBS, don’t expect Wayne Brady to stick around for that long.

In a recent interview, Brady expressed that he doesn’t want the job to go on and on and noted that Let’s Make a Deal has turned out to be a lot more consuming than he expected.

He told Beck/Smith, “Everything always turns out to be harder then I expect it to be. Whenever I tell myself, ‘Oh, I can do this in my sleep,’ it turns out to be more difficult than I imagined.”

The energetic performer also said, “To be honest, I have no desire to turn into the king of game shows. I consider myself an actor foremost, and a writer and singer, and I still tour and do Broadway shows.”

Brady previously hosted Don’t Forget the Lyrics for FOX but reportedly turned down the opportunity to do The Price Is Right and Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader?. If given the chance, he’d like to take on a sitcom, but only if it’s truly funny and comparable to current standouts like Modern Family, 30 Rock or How I Met Your Mother (where he has guested a couple times, as Barney’s brother).

What do you think? Would you like to see Brady stay with Let’s Make a Deal or would you like to see a different host?

Margaret March 21, 2014 at 9:54 am

Wayne Brady is GREAT on Lets Make a Deal!! I think he should stay as long as he wants to. Really missed him and the show when they were pre-empted.

maryann March 21, 2014 at 9:19 am

if the host w ayne brady wants to move on so be it that doesnt mean they should canel the show how was the ratings keep in on the air

Jasmine December 31, 2013 at 10:51 am

Truly enjoyed seeing Brady each day on Lets Make A Deal, but he has so much more to offer to the world of entertainment. He is limiting himself as a game show host. I heard Wayne’s version of a Sam Cooke classic recently. This guy truly has a set of pipes and he should be putting it to better use. His rendition of “A Change is Going To Come” brought tears to my eyes the same way Sam Cooke’s version still does. Not everyone can sing that song in a way that moves you. Brady’s face has been out there for a while now. All he needs is one good part in a movie, series, whatever to put him where he wants to be and deserves to be. No doubt in my mind he has the talent. Go for it Wayne. I’ll be out here cheering for you. No relations. :)

Penny November 29, 2013 at 11:11 am

Wayne has been very successful to date. However, he should follow his dream so he has no regrets.

aada October 31, 2013 at 3:47 pm

He only chooses white people so we wont miss him. let im gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! go gone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Penny November 29, 2013 at 5:52 pm

you mustn’t be watching the same program as the rest of us.

Bunnie Wojciechowski September 3, 2013 at 9:26 pm

Absolutely love Wayne Brady and Let’s make a Deal. Look forward every morning.
Would be very down if I couldn’t see him every morning. he is so talented,I couldn’t
Envision anyone else doing this show.

joanne c March 24, 2013 at 12:58 am

Did show get cancel i just love let make deal with wayne brady we love you your show are very fun

joanne c March 24, 2013 at 12:52 am

I love that show let make a deal wayne brady i love he very fun host .i watch every morning. He just my day.

Peggy D March 23, 2013 at 11:26 am

I’ve been trying to find out about Wayne too but to no avail.

He is very talented but it gets to be a bit much with some of the skits. I don’t know who I would like to see on there to take Waynes place.

It’s a fun show and I love to see people win and when people lose I feel sad for them.

Michael March 22, 2013 at 9:00 pm

Monty Hall is a very respectable and classy gentleman. Wayne Brady doesn’t possess any of those qualities I’m sorry to say. The reason Let’s Make A Deal was such a huge success from 1963-1977 was because of Monty Hall’s genuine personality. He knew how to interact beautifully with the contestants. Both Monty and Jay Stewart were incredibly likable. They had the perfect chemistry on camera and were great friends off camera. Beautiful Carol Merrill, LMAD’s original model, was a delightful touch to the show’s warm nature. Everything worked so beautifully in LMAD’s early days.

With Wayne Brady I see a guy who isn’t content hosting LMAD. His side kick Jonathan Magnum seems too robotic. The chemistry between the two isn’t charming at all.

I watched the premier episode of LMAD in 2010 of which Monty Hall made a cameo appearance. It was great to see Monty back on the trading floor and looking so good! It brought back fond memories of watching LMAD as a young child back in the ’70s. Monty still had his spunk and ability to interact well with the contestants. Wayne Brady is in a different world as a game show host. He just doesn’t have the knack to be a integral part of the show. Not by a long shot.

This is the same fate witnessed with Bob Barker leaving The Price is Right. Drew Carey shines as a comedian but as a game show host, especially TPIR, Drew is soggy toast.

Problem speaking: the new generation of broadcasters is largely inferior to the mega talented broadcasters of years ago. The only two well polished broadcasters still upholding their hosting duties are Pat Sajak and Alex Trebek. The other legends are either in retirement or have passed on to their heavenly reward.

Debby March 22, 2013 at 11:49 am

Wayne Brady is wonderful. He is such a talent he makes the show. I want to know why is it no on at 10:00, channel 2. I dont know what time its on now. Can any let me know.

doris whitehead March 20, 2014 at 10:28 am

why is it that everytime a show is a hit they changes it I am so use to watching Let’s make a deal every morning at 10:00 now to see a stupid show that don’t make since CBS needs to put Let’s Make a Deal back on with None Other than Wayne Brady

Anon March 22, 2013 at 11:04 am

egotistical jerk – get the hook

Mary March 22, 2013 at 10:44 am

Would love to see Wayne stay with the show we watch it every day. Let’s bring back the show with Wayne.

Yvonne March 22, 2013 at 10:15 am

I just like the show ,doesn’t matter who hosts. Let Wayne Brady move on if that is what he wants to do. Will hate to see the show canceled ! So i hope they find another host.

robyn March 22, 2013 at 10:12 am

did the show get canceled why is it not on