Leverage: Cancelled by TNT, No Season Six

leverage last episodeTNT has officially cancelled Leverage after five seasons on the air. The action series will conclude its run on Tuesday, Christmas Day. Thankfully, the show about modern Robin Hoods will have a suitable ending.

Executive producer Dean Devlin recently wrote an open letter to fans. He penned, “As of the writing of this letter, we still do not know if there will be a season six of our show… Because of this uncertainty, John Rogers and I decided to end this season with the episode we had planned to make to end the series, way back when we shot the pilot. So, the episode that will air on Christmas is, in fact, the series finale we had always envisioned.”

Here’s TNT’s official statement about the cancellation:

TNT’S “LEVERAGE” COMING TO AN END

TNT’s Leverage has thrilled audiences with its delightfully intricate plots, its “stand up for the little guy” attitude and its terrific performances from stars Timothy Hutton, Gina Bellman, Christian Kane, Beth Riesgraf and Aldis Hodge. But after five wonderful years, it’s time to say goodbye. Leverage will come to a close on Christmas, Tuesday, Dec. 25, at 10 p.m. (ET/PT), with a series finale that stands as one of the show’s best episodes.

We are honored to have worked with executive producer Dean Devlin, Electric Entertainment, creators John Rogers and Chris Downey, and all the cast and production crew on Leverage. We look forward to exploring new opportunities to work with them again in the future. We also want to thank the passionately devoted fans of Leverage, who have been the driving force behind its success.

What do you think? Are you sorry to hear that Leverage won’t be back for a sixth season or do you think this is a good time to end the series?

Phillip Angelo February 20, 2014 at 10:48 pm

What could have entered your minds(or should I say lack of) to even consider cancelling this fantastic show. This was,by far, the absolute best series on tv. You people should hide your faces in shame. BRING THE SHOW BACK NOW!!!!

wendy February 17, 2014 at 1:14 am

loved leverage miss it terribly. watching all the episode on ION tv. just was the show finale and am watching season 1 episode 1 again. it’s not over yet!!

R. Stein-Corivano February 16, 2014 at 10:11 pm

Five years of the most clever show I’ve ever seen just isn’t enough! I guess I’ll have to enjoy the reruns.

Burke January 31, 2014 at 5:59 pm

I’m also really sorry to see this one go although I was very happy to see less of a focus on Nate in the last season.
It’s unfortunate that TNT chose to pull out early on this one. They don’t have a lot of good original programming so this makes the network less appealing, in general.

Dedrianne January 29, 2014 at 12:01 am

Cannot believe such a great show was cancelled. I do not watch reality tv or all the other garbage networks push so this is sad to see Leverage go.Loved the plots, the actors and the writing!

guy obrien January 26, 2014 at 9:10 pm

I think tnt is making a big mistake Leverage is a really great show

Cindy January 21, 2014 at 10:44 am

I cannot believe Leverage was cancelled. It was one of the best shows on TV. It won the Peoples Choice Award!! How dumb can you be TNT? Bring it back!!!

Cindy January 21, 2014 at 10:40 am

I cannot believe that they cancelled this show. It was one of the best on TV. Maybe another network will be smart enough to pick it up! It did win the People’s Choice Award. How dumb can TNT be?!!

JenL January 21, 2014 at 2:13 am

So disappointed in the cancellation of Leverage. We were left with so many unanswered questions about the characters. Will really miss this show.

Gary Stelter January 19, 2014 at 9:54 pm

This was a spectacular which the network never promoted enough. Cancelling it is the ultimate slap in the face.

sandra January 19, 2014 at 9:14 pm

Seriously?????? I’m so bummed it’s been canceled.with a busy schedule and a 6 yr old I finally got caught up in Netflix and now it’s cancelled????

Tinaf1 January 19, 2014 at 5:32 pm

Leverage was a great series bring it back…

Jim January 17, 2014 at 7:43 pm

This was Great show, very sorry to hear of its ending after five seasons.

YoulandaRoss January 3, 2014 at 8:34 pm

I am really going to miss this show and the characters. I love these guys.

Brett January 1, 2014 at 12:25 am

I’m very upset with this decision. It makes me not want to ever subscribe to the TNT network. Hopefully the show can be picked up by another network that appreciates this show