Leverage: Cancelled by TNT, No Season Six

leverage last episodeTNT has officially cancelled Leverage after five seasons on the air. The action series will conclude its run on Tuesday, Christmas Day. Thankfully, the show about modern Robin Hoods will have a suitable ending.

Executive producer Dean Devlin recently wrote an open letter to fans. He penned, “As of the writing of this letter, we still do not know if there will be a season six of our show… Because of this uncertainty, John Rogers and I decided to end this season with the episode we had planned to make to end the series, way back when we shot the pilot. So, the episode that will air on Christmas is, in fact, the series finale we had always envisioned.”

Here’s TNT’s official statement about the cancellation:

TNT’S “LEVERAGE” COMING TO AN END

TNT’s Leverage has thrilled audiences with its delightfully intricate plots, its “stand up for the little guy” attitude and its terrific performances from stars Timothy Hutton, Gina Bellman, Christian Kane, Beth Riesgraf and Aldis Hodge. But after five wonderful years, it’s time to say goodbye. Leverage will come to a close on Christmas, Tuesday, Dec. 25, at 10 p.m. (ET/PT), with a series finale that stands as one of the show’s best episodes.

We are honored to have worked with executive producer Dean Devlin, Electric Entertainment, creators John Rogers and Chris Downey, and all the cast and production crew on Leverage. We look forward to exploring new opportunities to work with them again in the future. We also want to thank the passionately devoted fans of Leverage, who have been the driving force behind its success.

What do you think? Are you sorry to hear that Leverage won’t be back for a sixth season or do you think this is a good time to end the series?

Tommy Mac February 22, 2013 at 2:21 am

I really enjoyed the show and how the characters interacted with each other. Hopefully another network might be smart enough to pick the show up,show reruns and maybe get more fans. TNT you need to get your act together and cancell some of your Execs.

Elizabeth February 11, 2013 at 11:30 pm

Leverage is a great show – it should not be canceled. TNT made a bonehead move. The show just won the peoples choice award??? And you cancel??? What idiots. Again, it just shows that the powers that be have no clue.

Ron S February 10, 2013 at 4:35 pm

I think you are making a mistake. I enjoyed the program, as a old Retired Navy Chief. I shall not watch ION very much anymore. Honey Boo Boo, whaqt a load of crap.

Renpei January 26, 2013 at 5:46 pm
Precious Jewel January 26, 2013 at 5:44 am

Ooh, please be kidding! Something Can still be done right? The season finale was soo beyond Epic! Great way to end the show, I agree, but does it have to end?? Important Tv people,,, Do something please!

jewels of tecumseh January 25, 2013 at 4:29 pm

I think it’s the sh…. that the show leverage is cancelled. bull sh…. so very very sad. i loved that show. i did see the last show. i here that kane is startin a cookin ashow or something. that will b nice.

p.s. I will mise the wolves that r the good guys.

love Jewels

Fran January 21, 2013 at 4:33 pm

Leverage was a class act from start to finish; everyone involved can be proud of their creation. I will miss it very much but I am happy that it was allowed to go out with style. Thank goodness for DVDs to preserve gems like this!

Pam January 17, 2013 at 10:37 pm

I am very shocked to see leverage will not return to tv. It was one of my favorite shows. I guess it was cancelled because it is a clean show. Only the dirty shows survive. Whoever made this decision was wrong!

ryan January 10, 2013 at 11:25 pm

Greatest TV show ever. Dumb execs don’t know a great show when they have one. I hope USA network picks it up!

Sunfish January 10, 2013 at 6:54 pm

I am continually dismayed by network choices in what they choose to air and what they cancel, and apparently the public’s viewing bent. I didn’t know LEVERAGE had been cancelled, and was totally shocked at what I thought was a “season finale”. Leverage has been a favorite in this household since day 1 and holds a high ranking in our TiVo Season Pass list. I knew of Tim Hutton, but not the rest of the cast. One of the commentators here mentioned Christian Kane in “Secondhand Lions” , which I saw again recently, and I was so happy to recognize him. I wish the whole cast the very best and hope to see them in many wonderful endeavors, but will miss this unusual and intriguing show very much.

Jack Day January 8, 2013 at 1:16 am

I am very disappointed a fine ensemble and sophisticated program such as Leverage would be cancelled. Of all the trash on Cable this was a delightful entertainment with its fine cast each week providing great storylines. I will miss this program and am disgusted with TNT.

dave January 7, 2013 at 8:46 pm

The grinch that stole christmas. Very disappointed that the sahow has been cancelled. You had at least one good season lefy. At least let parker run the cons fora while.

elaine oyler January 6, 2013 at 11:51 pm

really something people can relate to good verses evil people turning their lives around shame on you important tv people

Rebecca January 5, 2013 at 3:26 am

I have been a fan of Tim Hutton for years. I eagerly awaited the series and now so disappointed with its cancellation. Christian Kane played the great swashbuckling character “Young Hub” in Secondhand Lions. I wasn’t too familiar with the other actors before the series and now am really sorry to see them go.

I also agree with Mary – Honey Boo Boo – Seriously?

Mary January 4, 2013 at 11:26 pm

Love this show. You have a great show with awesome plots—you take this off the air but networks renew Honey Boo Boo. Seriously, it’s embarrassing.