Leverage: Final Season Not Coming to DVD

Leverage final seasonIf you have episodes of the final season of cancelled Leverage on your DVR, you may want to hold onto them. Executive producer Dean Devlin says that it’s unlikely that the fifth season will be released on DVD.

On Twitter, a fan asked him if the fifth season of Leverage would be released on DVD and Devlin responded that “I recommend buying the season in HD on iTunes or Amazon.” When asked if this meant that season five wasn’t coming to DVD, he replied, “probably not unfortunately.”

What do you think? Would you buy the fifth season of Leverage on DVD? Do you like having DVDs of TV show episodes or are digital copies just as good or better?

UPDATE: On January 25th, Devlin tweeted “GOOD NEWS ‪#LEVERAGE FANS!! Fox has decided to release Season 5 DVD’s!! Details coming soon!!”

Canceled and renewed TV show

36 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. Rena Moretti says

Not a fan of the show but I think this is ridiculous.

Then again, not putting shows on BluRay is just asinine too IMO.

The cost to issue DVDs and BluRays is not that high and having more shows available makes it more interesting for people to keep buying players.

When you don’t put most shows on Bluray, you tell people “don’t bother to buy the player”. When you don’t put last seasons of shows on DVd, you tell people “don’t bother, it’s going away”.

and then they wonder why people just download unlicensed copies…

2. marcy marpes says

I truly hope that this can be rectified as I am one if the many fans that have the four previous seasons on DVD and really want the final season also. I think they are making a BIG mistake not letting it be released. They are missing a money making opportunity which is what its all about … Right?

3. etc says

THIS IS SO ANNOYING. I wait to buy the DVD’s before watching the episodes. Why would TNT do this. Just let loyal fans finish their collections!

4. Samara says

I don’t understand why they wouldn’t put out a “Season 5″ DVD set! Can anyone explain the reasoning behind a decision like that?

5. tiffany says

I don’t believe in digital anyway. Why get anything that needs to be bought all over again every time your computer crashes, a phone gets lost or laptop takes a dive off your lap?

6. Cel says

What the hell is the reasoning behind this? The Black Donnellys was cancelled before it even finished its first season and IT’S on DVD, I know because I own it. This is idiocy. Don’t be surprised if a fan movement spawns over this…

7. Julie Martin says

It’s not bad enough that TNT decides to cancel a wonderful show, now their not going to release the 5th season on DVD? That’s like rubbing salt into the wounds of the fans who have been not only loyal supporters of the show but have been loyal supporters of TNT as well. This is so unfair to all those who are unable to get the digital version, those who depend on the DVD’s to complete their collection. I would hope that TNT would stand up and show the fans of Leverage a little compassion and release the 5th season on DVD as a way of thanking the fans for their loyalty and support. Please TNT— do the right thing here!

8. Lexi says

This is so stupid! For those of us who don’t have/use a DVR or don’t like having to watch the episodes on the internet, the DVDs are the only way to watch our favorite episodes as many times as we want! I have bought the other four seasons on DVD and was really looking foward to getting the fifth!!! It’s like the news keeps getting worse and worse for us Leverage fans, and this news pisses me off!!! Why release seasons 1-4 but not season 5? That’s just plain wrong!!!!!

9. Sarah Surtant says

You know, this angers me beyond words! Such an ******* move. What about all the international fans, huh?! Not everyone can buy it digital or watch it legally because of that effing “not available in your location” ****. Release the goddamn season on DVD you goddamn powermongering nazis! The people deciding this should get hit over the head with something hard! Maybe the previous 4 seasons.

• Phil says

I can see the comments are either no longer monitored on this site, or no one cares.

Point: stopped coming to this site because of lack of care by the administrator.

10. Zoe says

I should just sell my seasons 1-4 because I don’t like uncompleted series’. There’s no point in having all the other episodes and not the final season’s. EVERYTHING is on dvd these days so this makes absolutely no sense.