Leverage: Season Four Debuts in June on TNT

Leverage season fourThere’s no shortage of good people getting ripped off so Nathan Ford (Timothy Hutton) and his team of modern-day Robin Hoods have their work cut out for them once again. TNT has announced that Leverage is returning for its fourth season on Sunday, June 26th.

Starring Hutton, Gina Bellman, Aldis Hodge, Christian Kane, and Beth Riesgraf, Leverage began airing in December of 2008. The first episode attracted a 1.6 in the 18-49 demographic and 4.99 million viewers. The next episode dropped quite a bit but the season’s average ratings were still high enough for TNT to invest in a second season of 15 episodes.

Season two averaged a 0.9 rating in the demo and 3.3 million viewers. It was renewed for a third season and those 16 episodes ended up averaging a 0.9 demo rating once again and 3.16 million viewers.

Last July, part way through the run of season three, TNT renewed Leverage for a fourth round of episodes. The first of 10 of those 15 installments will air in June. The remaining five will debut at a later date. TNT hasn’t announced when those will run but, in the past, the second half of the seasons air in the winter months.

What do you think? Are you glad to hear that the show is returning? Does it bother you that TNT splits up the seasons?

Alex March 31, 2011 at 7:57 am

I also agree with Samara, the show is awesome and the characters unique. I love Timothy Hutton (the son of Jim Hutton) and Gina Bellman an awesome english actress who is also great at comedy {Coupling}. The rest of the cast is also superb. When I can’t tune in to watch it I record so not to miss episode.

Elaine March 27, 2011 at 11:32 am

Do I Love Leverage? You bet. Because TNT isn’t currently available in Canada, which is where I live, I wait until the dvd sets are available on Amazon – then buy them. Which is all right, really, because I love rewatching shows that I love. Oh, and the fact that Christian Kane is in the show – Fabulous.

Congratulations to the cast and crew of Leverage on upcoming season 4.

John September 20, 2012 at 1:23 pm

go to netflix.ca and you can watch Leverage. Mind you they are always a bout a season behind.

Helen March 23, 2011 at 10:07 am

I absolutely love this show and is so glad it is coming back. The chemistry between the cast is great.

Barb March 21, 2011 at 11:48 am

Yea!!!! Very happy to see that the show is coming back. This is one of the best shows to hit television in years. Can’t say enough about the acting, plot lines, and the characters; the cons are so much fun, so different from anything else that’s on other networks. I agree with most of the fans here, I wish TNT would just order full seasons, or at least show them a little closer together. I have all the shows on my DVR so I just watch those when the show isn’t on. This show really deserves a lot more recognition than it gets, it’s right up there with any show that’s ever won an emmy and better than most of the shows on the major networks.

mr california 323 March 19, 2011 at 4:54 am

yes leverage is bk cant wait.its an amazing show awesome cast/writing.

ST March 18, 2011 at 12:26 pm

I agree with Samara, Flo Purdy, Leigh Ann, elbow, Tomoyo and MarB, superb writing, acting and directing. I LOVE LEVERAGE. I can not get enough of it. I have Seasons 1 and 2, waiting for Season 3 to come out on DVD.

MarB March 16, 2011 at 9:47 pm

I agree with Samara & Flo Purdy about everything!!! ….except the split season. I don’t get why, so maybe there’s a biz reason ; but I doubt it. How do you figure out when the second set starts? I always miss one or two episodes, and I can’t bear that! I don’t want to miss ANY of Leverage!

Tomoyo March 14, 2011 at 7:35 am

I LOVE LEVERAGE. Am so happy that season 4 is coming back soon. Just can’t get enough of it. Hope that it will be able to go on forever, as many seasons as possible like other US dramas.

Mikey Bizzle! March 14, 2011 at 3:03 am

wooop i love leverage

elbow March 13, 2011 at 8:24 pm

Keep Leverage on the air. Very entertaining, we look forward to seeing what the crew will be up to this year.

Leigh Ann March 13, 2011 at 7:09 pm

I absolutely love Leverage! It has a great cast and very well written. I hope we get to see more and more of it, though! I agree that I can’t get enough of it, either!

Sandi March 12, 2011 at 9:50 pm

TOTALLY AGREE WITH SAMARA!!!! I only wish we would be getting more, and sooner!!

Flo Purdy March 12, 2011 at 7:50 pm

So glad it’s coming back. A well-written, well-acted show with a great sense of humor, with just a tad of social commentary mixed in. Can’t wait to see what cons they come up with this season.

The split season has grown on me, since it spreads the new epis out over a longer period.

Jeremy Rynek March 12, 2011 at 6:08 pm

Yes i’m happy it’sreturning but why are they splitting up the season though? It makes no sense to me. Is TNT just being difficult here or is really a good idea for the show? But what the bleep ever honestly. At least it’ll be back.

Samara March 12, 2011 at 2:36 pm

I don’t know anyone who doesn’t like “Leverage”! I would love to see it renewed for as long as the cast is willing to play their parts! I truly adore this show! I can’t even pick a favorite character, because they are all so unique, complicated, and very well-written! The acting is superb, the writing and directing is on-the-mark, and the storylines are beautifully done and familiar to viewers fom aspects of our real lives, and the unfair things we wish we had a leverage team to fix for us! I can never get enough, so splitting it up makes no difference! On one hand, I’m sad when it’s over, but on the other, I’m happy that I don’t have to wait a year to see it again! I only wish that they had more episodes (like the 22-episodes you get from non-cable series)! What a great show!

fred pyland March 17, 2011 at 11:57 am

This show is pretty awesome…even my wife who gets bored easily likes the show…wish the breaks between seasons were not so long…

Nicole March 18, 2011 at 10:46 am

Samara I could have not said it better! Everything you say is exactly the same way I feel!:-)