Leverage: Exec Producer Dean Devlin on Series Cancellation

Leverage canceledEarlier this month, Leverage executive producer Dean Devlin penned an open letter to fans of the TNT series. He wrote that it was still unknown if Leverage would be cancelled or renewed for a sixth season so the fifth season finale had been shot as a fitting end, just in case.

TNT has now offiically cancelled the TV show so Devlin has written another letter to the viewers.

The Long Goodbye is our final goodbye.

It has been decided today that this Tuesday’s episode of Leverage “The Long Goodbye Job” will be the series finale as TNT has decided not to renew the show for a sixth season.

I want to take the opportunity to thank TNT for five amazing seasons and 77 episodes of a show that has been so good to me. I’m incredibly proud of the show and what we’ve accomplished. Throughout this journey TNT have been the most amazing partners. Their support and collaboration I will cherish forever.

I also want to thank everyone involved in making the show. Tim, Gina, Beth, Christian and Aldis are the finest ensemble of actors I’ve ever worked with. They’ve become our partners, our friends and our family.

The amazing crew who pulled off miracles every day on our show. Thank you for everything you’ve contributed. Your blood and sweat is in every frame of our series and I’m eternally in your debt.

And, of course, on behalf of everyone involved in the show, thank you to all the fans who’ve supported us and the show. You have amazed us all. We love you and thank you all.

I’m so happy we were able to film the series finale we had always envisioned and I’m happy we’re able to present it on Christmas as our gift to you. It’s a bittersweet goodbye.

Gratefully yours,

Dean Devlin
Executive Producer/Director LEVERAGE

What do you think? Do you still like the Leverage TV series? Do you think it could have kept going?

Canceled and renewed TV show

76 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. barbara says

I loved the show and ALL the characters. What a shame. There are other shows in my opinion that should be cancelled. This to me was a “good feelling” show where the good guys would win! Guess folks don’t like that sort of thing. Sad.

2. lady dee says

they can,t do this leverage is one of the best shows on tv we need to start a e-mail campaign to TNT to being this show back

3. Deb says

All good things come to an end, doesn’t mean we have to like it. I would love to know to know why they picked now to end it. I just don’t think this was a good time to end it. Unless the actors and producers felt it was time to leave.
    It was by one of the better shows on cable.
    I would like to thank Dean Devlin for not leaving us in the dark, with no word that the show was cancelled. Like so many shows do.

4. Jessie Stanley says

I was completely surprised that you guys decided to cancel Leverage!! It was the ONLY reason I watched TNT! I do love the season finale, and think you can use it to promote Leverage International, but please don’t tell me you are taking the whole show away!!

5. Dwyane says

Tears come to my eyes hearing the terrible news. Love this show i came into watching the series late and fell in love. Damn shame…….

6. judy says

Keep Leverage going, It’s one of the best show on TV. The actors and the writing is all so wonderful. It’s a shame that you have a wonderful show, top rated wrters and actors that all work so well together and you cancell it, IT SUCKS.

7. Jean says

You are really making a big mistake. Leverage is such great entertainment; the kind that allows you to laugh and cry and enjoy the natural connection amongst the cast members.
    This is real entertainment; which is rare these days. Please re-think your very poor decision to end this series. TV is known for catering to the lowest common denominator and Leverage is one show that breaks that stereotype. You should be ashamed of yourselves.

8. Anonymous says

you guys suck!! how can you cancel leverage?????? this is the reason i watch tnt its the reason anybody watches tnt!! what are you thinking???? oh wait…you cant be thinking