Leverage

LeverageNetwork: TNT
Episodes: 77 (hour)
Seasons: Five

TV show dates: December 7, 2008 — December 25, 2012
Series status: Cancelled

Performers include: Timothy Hutton, Christian Kane, Aldis Hodge, Gina Bellman, and Beth Riesgraf.

current TV show

TV show description:
Nathan Ford (Timothy Hutton) was once a loyal fraud investigator for IYS Insurance. His point of view changed when the insurance company refused to pay for experimental treatment that could have saved his young son. Because of his intricate knowledge of scams, Nathan’s recruited by Victor Dubenich to join a team of talented criminals to “steal back” aeronautical plans that were supposedly stolen by a competitor.

When the job is completed, Dubenich tries to double-cross the team and unsuccessfully tries to blow them up. The group decides to run a con on their former employer and Dubenich ends up ruined and arrested by the FBI. When the the team is done, they form Leverage Consulting & Associates and start to help everyday people who’ve been ripped off by corrupt corporations and government agencies.

Among Nathan’s colleagues is Sophie Devereaux (Gina Bellman), a con-woman who uses her acting skills for art thievery. Ironically, though she’s very successful as an actress for the team’s scams, she has little success as a legitimate performer.

Eliot Spencer (Christian Kane) is a highly-skilled martial artist who is also a weapons and retrieval expert. He shows great proficiency with guns, yet despises them.

Alec Hardison (Aldis Hodge) is a computer hacker extraordinaire and a gadget guru. A self-proclaimed geek, he also has a penchant for science fiction. Parker (Beth Riesgraf) doesn’t have a known first name, and is a thief, cat burglar, and explosives expert. She also has an unnatural love of money, and a soft spot for Alec and children. She and Alec share the common bond of both being raised by foster parents.

img src=”http://tvseriesfinale.com/assets/spacer.gif” alt=”space” height=”15″ width=”450″ />

Series Finale

Episode #77 — The Long Goodbye Job
The team embarks on their riskiest con yet when Nate takes a case linked to his son’s death.
First aired: December 25, 2012

space
What do you think? Do you like the Leverage TV series? Do you think it should have been cancelled or renewed for another season?

Mary Krobock March 25, 2013 at 4:11 am

I was very sorry the show was cancelled. I watched every episode and liked the characters. I thought they were a great ensemble and loved to watch their interaction each week. I’ll miss them but at least the finale left you with a good feeling. I can imagine Nathan and Sophie happy together while the others continue with helping people.

Andi Davis March 23, 2013 at 2:09 pm

Re: Leverage TV show.
Don’t think it should have been canceled. It was one of the VERY FEW shows that showed people doing things just because they were the RIGHT THINGS to do! That is, good conquers bad. It also had a good mix of personalities, and someone who was actually over the age of 30!
BRING IT BACK!!

TAMMY March 22, 2013 at 7:22 am

I am so disappointed in TNT. Leverage was a fantastic show with a great cast. BRING IT BACK…………….PLEASE

shirley zimmerman March 19, 2013 at 3:18 pm

Why did ION drop Leverage?

Rick Coleman March 9, 2013 at 4:26 pm

Leverage was a fine show and I hated to see it end.

It was one of those ensemble shows that not only had likable and compelling characters but every episode was plotted like a mini movie. Sure, it was like a cross between Mission Impossible and The Sting but in many ways it was more entertaining. It had more heart and a good dose of humor to go along with the adventure. Each team member had at one time been a bad guy. These leopards changed their spots and began to use their unique skill sets to help out those people that had been wronged by the rich and powerful. They used their smarts to outwit the bad guys but when the going got tough a good bit of muscle was employed rather than bullets. It was a good show that the whole family could watch while munching on popcorn.
I’ll miss them.

marygonzales March 6, 2013 at 3:43 am

can you sell this awesome show to another network?

Denise March 2, 2013 at 6:31 pm

This was a really great show. I’m very bummed that it was cancelled. The only good thing I can say was that at least they had an ending. When I watched the last episode, I said to myself that it felt like the show was ending. Only later did I find out that it was in fact the series finale. So as much as I will miss the show, I’m glad we at least had some closure.

Ginger Patton March 2, 2013 at 10:38 am

This is beyond believable! The best show on, the only one I watch other than Hardball with Chris Matthews, and they cancel – WHY? They will keep garbage like Hoarders, Vampires and other crap and cut the best, most entertaining show in ages. Love all the characters; with Leverage you got suspense and comedy. Networks have no logic to their decision making. Hate this!!!

Shannon February 27, 2013 at 7:27 pm

“Leverage is one of our favorite shows and we’re very, very angry that you cancelled it! I’d like to see what Season 6 would be but unfortunately they cancelled it and I think that’s a terrible, horrible, no good at all decision and I hope you change your mind!”

–My 8 year old son, who watches the show with his mom :)

K. White February 27, 2013 at 6:44 pm

Leverage was a great show–I loved the characters and the fact that it’s one of the few shows where the goood guys always prevail. Once again, the vampires and the animation shows win and those of us who love Leverage have to sugger with it’s cancellation. Thanks TNT!

Leverage Fan February 27, 2013 at 9:36 am

Leverage is one of the best shows on TV. Intelligent, fast paced 21st century stories, camaraderie, compassion for everyday folks, fun, lack of racism, and the good guys win in the end, repairing what had been wrong. Why would such a show be cancelled after only 5 seasons? Isn’t there a network that would continue such a great show? Do I have to stop watching tv and just stick with my dvds?

Husker Fan February 26, 2013 at 1:09 pm

PLEASE BRING BACK LEVERAGE TO ION TELEVISION WHERE I WATCHED IT FROM. IT WAS A GREAT GREAT SHOW. CAN YOU BRING BACK THE REPEATS OF THE 5 SERIES SHOWS? IF NOT ION TV ANY OTHER INDEPENDENT WILL BE GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cher Mitchell February 21, 2013 at 12:38 pm

LEVERAGE IS GREAT PLS BRING IT BACK. !

FRANI* K February 10, 2013 at 8:36 pm

DO YOU THINK THERE IS EVEN A CHANCE THEY WILL RENEW LEVERAGE???
MAYBE THEY CAN FIND A DIFFERENT NETWORK.IS THERE ANYTHING WE CAN
DO? IT WAS PROBABLY TOO GOOD OF A SHOW TO STAY ON NOW WHAT HAS BECOME STANDARD TV & CABLE!!!

BRAZIL, GILDA February 9, 2013 at 7:04 pm

I WANT THEM TO PUT LEVERAGE BACK ON !! I REALLY LIKE THE SHOW.
I STARTED SEEING LEVERAGE IN NOVEMBER AND THEN THEY TOOK IT OFF THE AIR ON DECEMBER 25, 2012.

HOPEFULLY THEY WILL PUT IT BACK ON. !!!!!!!