Lie to Me: FOX TV Show Cancelled, No Season Four

Lie to Me canceledSometimes the truth hurts — especially when it comes to television ratings. After three seasons, FOX has cancelled Lie to Me.

Starring Tim Roth, Lie to Me revolves around Cal Lightman and members of The Lightman Group. They’re a team of specialists who help law enforcement agencies uncover the truth by using applied psychology. Others in the cast include Kelli Williams, Brendan Hines, Monica Raymund, Hayley McFarland, and Mekhi Phifer.

Last season, Lie to Me averaged a 2.9 rating in the all-important 18-49 demographic and 8.03 million total viewers. That was down from season one and the series found itself on the bubble for renewal. FOX ended up giving the TV series another chance and renewed it for 13 episodes.

Unfortunately, season three didn’t perform nearly as well as season two. It premiered last October to a 2.1 rating in the demo and 5.86 million. Viewership eroded in subsequent weeks and FOX declined to give the show a full season order. Lie to Me then hit a new series low in January, registering a meager 1.5 rating and 5.43 million viewers.

Should Lie to Me have been cancelled?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

In its final weeks on the air, viewers seemed to rally behind it and Lie to Me had its best ratings of the season — a 2.5 in the demo and 7.67 million.

Though the ratings had come way down, FOX execs claimed that they still valued the TV series and saw it as a solid utility player. Showrunner Alex Cary said, “Fox has been very clear with us — they know what the show is, they know what it can do. [The ratings bump] shows that people will come watch the show.”

TV show supportNow, after three seasons on the air, the series is over. FOX has officially cancelled Lie to Me after 48 episodes. All of the installments have aired. Though there are too few episodes for a traditional syndication package, the first two seasons have already been released on DVD.

What do you think? Should Lie to Me have been renewed for season four?

Anonymous April 2, 2014 at 12:29 am

Bring in season 4! Great cast and a great tv show!!

Cheryl April 1, 2014 at 8:22 pm

Bloody hell!!! Does no one understand streaming is where the ratings should come from? Two and a half men lives on and great shows die a quick death.

sarah Ms March 31, 2014 at 4:50 am

Nooooo please complete it, it’s great and awesome show, please bring it back please, it’s so helpful and I’m sure that it will get a huge persentage of show

Ethan March 28, 2014 at 7:46 pm

Omg I find this Awesome show on Netflix and it was cancelled -__- ring it back I’ll read your micro expressions c:

Herminio Flores March 28, 2014 at 7:40 pm

I want it back

Maherunnisa Begum March 28, 2014 at 10:15 am

IT’S A ‘GREAT SHOW’………..can’t believe it was cancelled.I was so exited to see wat happens next with a new character entering the show. Canceling the show was such a let down. I was waiting for the shows nxt season to b aired on t.v but now i discovered it was cancelled and no other shows can match up to this show.

amy March 27, 2014 at 7:46 pm

Please bring back Lie to me! Wonderful series….love the cast!

Simone Skov March 25, 2014 at 6:39 am

Seriously look at the voting, we all want it back! Lie To Me is the best, and you can´t end it like that!
SEASON FOUR, SEASON FOUR!!! God danm, bring to show back!!!!!!

Rob Johnston March 24, 2014 at 4:28 pm

I’m shocked, dismayed, distraught even. Lie to me is a great show and has consistently been so. It’s idea is fantastic it’s stories exellent , the characters led by the ever brilliant Tim Roth are brilliant and convincing. Please please bring it back.

ELAINE DEVINE March 24, 2014 at 2:22 pm

I JUST DISCOVERED IT,,,,,EXCELLENT IN EVERY WAY.PROBABLY SHOULD

HAVE BEEN WITH AOTHER NETWORK. Congrats to Netflix.

Ought to be renewed

Sinan March 24, 2014 at 12:24 pm

I want it back ! Lie To Me are the best thing i ever saw ! *-* :'( So sad about it…

Olya March 19, 2014 at 1:48 pm

I can’t live without this show. Bring it back.!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous March 19, 2014 at 11:22 pm

I never knew about this fantastic show until I found it on Netflix. I’m sick to know that they didn’t renew it.

Sebastián March 19, 2014 at 1:09 am

Men go for the fourth season , it is an awesome show that demonstrate you how psychology can help. And also is a show that you can watch for ours and did not get tired of the show , I am from Ecuador , so that means that is a show get to every part of the world , yes to the fourth season

STG March 18, 2014 at 3:01 am

I understand TV ratings. Bottom line that’s what matters. No ratings, no sponsorship – no
greenbacks!
But in this case it is a shame. “Lie to Me” , is a terrific show. Its thoroughly entertaining, its
creative, it holds your interest every time and the science (psychology) is very interesting.
Tim Roth I find is great at this roll – he is believable! He also can be hilarious. Especially in
scenes with his daughter in the show.
I know this is more a review than a comment but, I’m really disappointed to see this show
getting canceled and there’s nothing a person can do.

Alex March 17, 2014 at 2:24 pm

Hello, I;m from Romania , pls …why you cancelled this awesome show??? One of the best….pls FOX….rethink …..we love this!!!!