Lie To Me: FOX Not Ordering Full Season; Is It Cancelled?

Lie to MeThe FOX network has decided not to order additional episodes of Lie to Me. Production will be halted next month, leaving the season total at 13 installments. Is the show essentially cancelled?

While a move like this is never a positive sign, it doesn’t necessarily mean that Lie to Me is finished. FOX has been using the series as a utility player and could potentially order more episodes at a later date for a summer run.

However, Lie to Me’s ratings haven’t exactly been stellar. The seven episodes that have aired thus far this season have averaged just a 1.8 rating in the 18-49 demographic and 5.42 million viewers. It’s consistently ranked either third or fourth in its Monday night timeslot, losing a significant amount of the lead-in audience from House. In the demo, it’s the ninth most-watched program on the network, ranking just below struggling Fringe.

It probably doesn’t help that executive producer Shawn Ryan left to run his own show, The Chicago Code, which is set to debut on FOX in January.

Original episodes of Lie to Me return next month and are set to finish airing by January 31st. The decision to either renew or cancel the series will likely come down to how confident the FOX execs are in what they have in the pipeline.

What do you think? Will Lie to Me be cancelled or will the network order more episodes? What would you do?

Anonymous January 15, 2014 at 9:49 pm

I see why they cancelled the show, it was getting repetitive. The main thing is that I didn’t see any significant character growth. I just wish they would do a spin-off of the show with Eli and Ria… They have amazing chemistry and are both perfectly attractive for each other :)

marta May 22, 2013 at 9:17 am

please I love this tv serie…you can’t stop it…I want also to know if Cal will be Gillian’s lover!!

burcu August 29, 2012 at 6:39 am

when will the new season come to show ?we would like to watch the new episodes of Lie to me!

Rei April 12, 2012 at 3:04 pm

I’m rewatching what is on Netflix and still mourning the loss of this show. I just keep hoping they’ll bring it back one day!

Anonymous September 3, 2012 at 4:46 pm

me too!!!

veronique October 25, 2011 at 9:02 pm

Fox is the worst ststion on cable-sat in the world.Someone should cancel the FoX network

Fernanda Alvarez September 27, 2011 at 5:48 am

I cannot believe they cancelled the best show I have ever seen! This is outrageous!! This is by far a very poor management decision. Fox has been led down its audience once again! A lot of people its been waiting for this show to continue! Just one word to express mine, and the audience, feelings: DISAPPOINTMENT!.. I just hope in the near future a new season will be announced… Thanks .

Linda Davies August 31, 2011 at 4:34 am

I am a huge fan of Tim Roth and when “Lie To Me” came on, I made sure I tuned in.I could not wait to tune in…….. It had a good cast of characters as well. When it did not air I was really bummed out!!!!! I find it hard to believe it did not get good ratings.

Susan and Ron August 17, 2011 at 1:49 pm

We want Lie To Me to come back, we looked forward to seeing it every week. Please don’t cancel such a very interesting show that finally came out & is so real & down to earth. We loved it so much!!!

Bcalbabe August 15, 2011 at 11:08 pm

Lie to me is one of the best shows I have seen in years, don’t can it, lets have much more

Heather Campbell August 15, 2011 at 5:56 am

Order more shows!!!! Fantastic show that I would be very sad if it ended. Keep it going!!!!

MG August 6, 2011 at 9:37 am

I love it, please please please let it continue. It makes a change to all the cop shows and Dr shows that are broadcast at the moment

claire July 29, 2011 at 12:14 pm

I will be gutted if they dont do more its up there with House its funny,clever and different and i love Tim Roth!

Debra July 23, 2011 at 4:22 am

yes I definately want Lie to Me to continue! It is the only programme we as a collective (myself, my husband, 20 year old and two teenagers) agree to watch together.

Kathleen Pope July 5, 2011 at 1:32 am

Yes, I want to see this show continue, I love it. it is educational. You can honestly learn from it. there are truly scientific tools to learn from.