Lie To Me: FOX Not Ordering Full Season; Is It Cancelled?

Lie to MeThe FOX network has decided not to order additional episodes of Lie to Me. Production will be halted next month, leaving the season total at 13 installments. Is the show essentially cancelled?

While a move like this is never a positive sign, it doesn’t necessarily mean that Lie to Me is finished. FOX has been using the series as a utility player and could potentially order more episodes at a later date for a summer run.

However, Lie to Me’s ratings haven’t exactly been stellar. The seven episodes that have aired thus far this season have averaged just a 1.8 rating in the 18-49 demographic and 5.42 million viewers. It’s consistently ranked either third or fourth in its Monday night timeslot, losing a significant amount of the lead-in audience from House. In the demo, it’s the ninth most-watched program on the network, ranking just below struggling Fringe.

It probably doesn’t help that executive producer Shawn Ryan left to run his own show, The Chicago Code, which is set to debut on FOX in January.

Original episodes of Lie to Me return next month and are set to finish airing by January 31st. The decision to either renew or cancel the series will likely come down to how confident the FOX execs are in what they have in the pipeline.

What do you think? Will Lie to Me be cancelled or will the network order more episodes? What would you do?

Elena April 20, 2011 at 7:49 am

I’ll be very upset if they decide to cancel Lie to Me. It is truly one of a kind, and there is still so much that needs to be settled in the show.. Tim Roth is brilliant in it! And I too agree with the previous statements about it being incredibly intelligent and well written. Cancel something else..!

Krissy Cameron April 25, 2011 at 5:43 pm

I loved this SHOW…..good morals,family centered. We have enough COP shows……listen to the viewers.

Lori April 18, 2011 at 11:18 am

I agree w/ Maggie. This is an excellent show. Fox would be stupid to cancel it. I’m so tired of reality “housewifes” and “Snookies”. Please – let’s keep an intelligent show on air.

Maggie April 16, 2011 at 9:34 am

It is soooooo dissappointing that such an intriguing, well written show w/an amazing cast would have to come to an end. It was actually a learning tool for me on how our human mind and body interprets our feelings and emotions and there is nothing else like it out there; all we have is the same old good cop/bad cop.. blah blah blah!

Chantelle April 16, 2011 at 4:56 am

Lie to me is sooo cool, please dont stop it. i am from South Africa and it was given to me to watch. and i have absolutely loved every show. please bring it back. its such a real realitalty check but also not true. oh please please please bring it back.

Sally April 14, 2011 at 8:42 am

There is no one like Tim Roth. Even my 18 year old daughter likes this show and she doesn’t like much of what I watch. I’ll have to think twice about Fox if they cancell it.

Anonymous April 12, 2011 at 9:59 am

I love to watch Lie To Me. It my was my favorite Monday night show until you start messing with not airing it regularly. Chicago Code is not worth the watch. I would rather go to bed then watch that show. I am frustrated now with Monday night tv. When Lie To Me was one I would also watch House. No I could care less if I see House or not.

Jackie April 10, 2011 at 6:56 pm

love to watch lie to me, it’s different from the rest !!! Please bring it back.

Celeste April 10, 2011 at 2:23 pm

I love this show!!!!

Anonymous April 9, 2011 at 1:00 pm

Omg…. Lie to me is amazing! I pick that over the Chicago code anyway!

JJ April 8, 2011 at 9:25 pm

We will watch it no matter which day it airs. We will also drop another show to tune in.

Anonymous April 6, 2011 at 7:06 pm

Love it. Will really be upset if it’s finished

PTB April 6, 2011 at 6:22 pm

Love “Lie To Me” – bring it back!!!!!!!!!!!

Jennifer April 5, 2011 at 10:00 pm

I hope it is renewed. This show is very entertaining and I love the characters. I hope FOX realizes it’s a great show. Maybe a new time slot would be beneficial. I always watch episodes online, so the time slot is irrelevent to me.
Please FOX, don’t cancel this show!

Kat April 5, 2011 at 12:27 pm

I LOVE THIS SHOW!!!

jamie April 4, 2011 at 5:44 am

we love this show its the best we never miss it got my whole family watching please bring it back its the only show i schedule my dvr for if not for that i would not have one.