Lie to Me: TV Show Renewed for Season Three by FOX

Lie to Me renewed season threeDespite tough odds, FOX has decided to renew Lie to Me for a third season of 13 episodes.

In Lie to Me, Tim Roth stars as Dr. Cal Lightman, a specialist trained to ferret out those who aren’t telling the truth. He and his team of experts help law officials solve their most difficult cases. The cast also includes Kelli Williams, Brendan Hines, Mekhi Phifer, and Monica Raymund.

Debuting as a mid-season replacement in January 2009, Lie to Me started off with a 4.9 rating in the 18-49 demographic and 12.37 million viewers. Ratings soon fell quite a bit but the network still renewed the show for a second season.

Season two began in September 2009 and the numbers were a bit better than they had been at the end of season one, but not by much. Late last year, Lie to Me hit a new low with a 2.2 rating and 6.64 million viewers. Soonafter, the series was put on extended hiatus.

Are you glad that Lie to Me has been renewed?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Lie to Me is scheduled to return on June 7th, after the May sweeps period has completed. That’s not a sign of much faith from the network. The TV show’s chances looked even more bleak when it was announced that the head writer, The Unit’s Shawn Ryan, was stepping down as showrunner to focus on his own projects.

Well, despite the odds being stacked against it, Lie to Me will survive to see another season. The show’s being renewed for year three with 13 episodes. We’ll find out when the TV show’s new season will start airing on Monday, May 17th — when the network holds their upfront presentation for advertisers.

In a related note, Ryan’s RideAlong pilot has been ordered to series and will debut next season. It follows a rogue cowboy lawman and the city’s first female police chief as they try to clean up Chicago.

What do you think? Are you glad that Lie to Me will be back for season three? Are you surprised that it survived?

Mary February 24, 2011 at 6:17 pm

So glad it will continue. It is the beat show that I seen in years.

Amy Guido February 16, 2011 at 7:22 pm

Lie to me has become one of my favorite shows…..please DO NOT CANCEL!

judy urquhart February 14, 2011 at 9:37 pm

Our favorite show.

Steve A December 19, 2010 at 11:16 pm

“Lie To Me” is and excellent, educational series with action and character! it is by far, the best tv show on air today, followed closely with “Bones”! Please be considerate of those watching online (as stated above via hulu) and keep both these shows on TV and online!!

Mari December 17, 2010 at 5:46 am

I just found this show on my netflix and have been glued to the tv cathcing up, watching season 1&2, I love it. I wish I had heard about it sooner.

Lola Curran September 11, 2010 at 11:10 am

this show is really good, but I’m surprised that more people have’t heard of it.

amb August 24, 2010 at 10:49 am

Best show ever, a friend recommended it a few months ago and I’ve been hooked ever since. With all the bs that’s on TV nowadays it’s good to know that Fox made a good decision by keeping Lie To Me going.

Jenn Gard August 23, 2010 at 9:10 pm

Thrilled cant begin to explain how glad I am they renewed Lie to me! Love this series!!!

m lawrence August 17, 2010 at 8:36 am

Lie to Me is a terrific series…Tim Roth is awesome…Please keep it running as it is different from most other programs.

Anonymous August 2, 2010 at 5:09 pm

I’m thrilled Lie to Me is being renewed. I love it and talk about it to a lot of my friends. I think Tim Roth is incredible.

Anonymous August 2, 2010 at 5:07 pm

I think Lie to Me is an amazing series, and was surprised at the ratings. I tell a lot of people about it because it’s so good. Tim Roth is fabulous…but there again I’m British.

Charles sauter July 6, 2010 at 1:52 am

I have bought every season show from I-tunes because I work at nite and miss the show, I watch it on hulu to catch up on what’s happening. You have got to get into the future on how people watch tv these days. The old way of counting is wrong, why do you let a few people say what people are watching, I don’t use my tv very much anymore instead I watch on my pc, news. When and what I want to hear and shows that I like to watch and when I want to watch, so please get into the 21 century.

Sandi July 5, 2010 at 4:57 pm

I AM VERY HAPPY THAT “LIE TO ME” HAS NOT BEEN CANCELLED. IN MY OPINION, IT IS ONE OF THE FEW SHOWS WORTH WATCHING THESE DAYS.

Diana Blomgren June 28, 2010 at 6:42 pm

Thank goodness — I’ll do my part to prosyletize with friends and family–everyone do the same to keep this excellent show on air.

tiwa June 28, 2010 at 1:51 pm

a reallllllllyyy good show, i’m so glad it’s still on.