Lights Out: FX TV Series Cancelled, No Season Two

Lights Out canceledIt’s “lights out” for FX’s new boxing drama series. FX has cancelled Lights Out after one season due to poor ratings.

Lights Out revolves around Patrick ‘Lights’ Leary (Holt McCallany), an aging former heavyweight boxing champion. He struggles to find his identity and support his wife and three daughters after retiring from the ring. The poor economy and a series of bad investments leave Patrick at a perilous crossroads; battling the urge to return to boxing or reluctantly accepting a job as a brutal and intimidating debt collector. The show also features Catherine McCormack, Pablo Schreiber, and Stacy Keach.

Though some critics applauded the series, not many people watched the premiere in January. It registered just a 0.6 rating in the 18-49 demographic and 1.487 million viewers. The second episode dropped to a 0.4 rating and 0.92 million viewers. The season has averaged a 0.4 in the demo and 0.88 million.

To no surprise, FX isn’t ordering a second season of Lights Out. The cable channel made the announcement today and indicated that the final two episodes will air as previously scheduled; on March 29th and April 5th at 10pm.

What do you think? Are you sorry to see Lights Out cancelled? Why do you think it didn’t catch on?

glenda kennedy December 6, 2012 at 9:00 am

ok My husband and i just finished watching Light Out on Netflix didnt know this show even was on tv untill then. However when i google and saw that there is no season two well we both are so disapointed. Wish i knew what happens to everyone on the show. THEY WERE GREAT ACTING ! WISHING GLENDA KENNEDY

don & sherry schaeffer December 4, 2012 at 12:46 pm

we loved the show. we think its crappy leaving us hanging like that and not knowing what happened. Its like being sucker punched!

Anonymous November 17, 2012 at 8:33 pm

It was an awesome show I think it just needs a little more time to catch on.

Joe September 30, 2012 at 11:48 am

Sorry to see it go. Really enjoyed it. Just needed more time to catch on.

emit gomez September 27, 2012 at 1:14 pm

My family and I loved it hate to see it go

JVAH September 21, 2012 at 6:18 pm

My wife and I both loved this show. Great writing. Great acting. Great directing. Big time production values. FX, please bring it back and let us know what has happened to Lights.

ilse and jay August 27, 2012 at 6:14 am

Terrific show: what a pity to see it cancelled, especially since SO many of the current dramatic shows are allowed to continue churning out endless mediocrity.

Jan August 1, 2012 at 7:30 am

This was a great show…..I loved it!! Went on to see when Season 2 was starting and found this page :o( FX..you have this wrong….think again please!

Jose Guerra July 19, 2012 at 2:29 pm

Bery poor decision to cancel this great boxing show!!!

joeblow July 18, 2012 at 6:26 am

What does Fx know .. I guess the decision makers up at fx have there buts in each others rear . The show was great ! It was definitely better than some of the other terds they show..

Omar July 14, 2012 at 3:08 pm

I use to really like this show because it was representing Hudson County NJ thus, me being from Jersey City. In any rate, I also agree with LP that fake reality TV shows are taking over like the Unreal Wives of New Jersey or Mars!!!!!

T.D July 10, 2012 at 2:51 am

Really enjoyed the first season. It was real gritty and had realism to everyone not perfect, but deserving of a second chance. To bad FX did not think so.

Edward J. June 27, 2012 at 11:02 am

What, I was telling people that when this show came back on they needed to watch it, guess there is no room for a quality show .

Joyce & Doug June 11, 2012 at 1:46 pm

I am so sad this show is not coming back. I agree with the previous reply . . . Reality junk is taking over!!!

LP June 6, 2012 at 7:11 am

Sad to see it go. What a great show! Just goes to show you…reality junk is taking over quality tv. Tsk..tsk…tsk!