Lilyhammer: Netflix Picks Up Season Three

Lilyhammer season threeStarring Steven Van Zandt, Lilyhammer was renewed for a tird season in Norway last year. Now, Netflix has announced that they’ll be offering it here in the states.

Here’s the press release:

Netflix To Bring Back Original Series “Lilyhammer” For Third Season
Comedic Drama Starring Steven Van Zandt To Return with All New Episodes in 2014
Seasons One and Two Streaming Now on Netflix
Jan 13, 2014

BEVERLY HILLS, Calif., Jan. 13, 2014 /PRNewswire/ — The Netflix original series, “Lilyhammer,” the comedic drama starring Steven Van Zandt (“The Sopranos,” E Street Band) as a mob fixer who enters the witness protection program in Lillehammer,Norway, will return exclusively to Netflix for a third season in 2014. The series’ eight episode second season debuted in December in the U.S., Canada, the U.K., Ireland,Latin America, Denmark and the Netherlands.

“We are proud to bring back Lilyhammer for a third season,” said Ted Sarandos, chief content officer at Netflix. “Lilyhammer is the type of global show that Netflix members around the world have discovered and love and season three will see that world expand even more.”

“Lilyhammer” follows former gangster Frank “The Fixer” Tagliano (Van Zandt) as he enters the federal witness protection program trading the mean streets of New York for the icy fjords of Norway, forging a new life among the locals of Lillehammer. Season two continues with Frank living under the alias of Johnny Henriksen, a successful nightclub owner and father of two. As if life couldn’t get more complicated than balancing fatherhood with running a criminal operation, everything Frank cares for is threatened when his former mob associates find out he is still alive.

“Lilyhammer” was developed by Rubicon TV AS (creator, Anne Bjørnstad & Eilif Skodvin). It was produced by Rubicon TV AS and co-produced by Netflix for NRK/Netflix in association with Red Arrow International. It is distributed by Red Arrow International. Producers include Trond Berg Nilsen and Agnete Thuland. Executive Producers include Lasse Hallberg & Steven Van Zandt.

For more information about LILYHAMMER, follow the show’s official pages: Twitter.com/Lilyhammer;Facebook.com/Lilyhammer; Instagram.com/Lilyhammer; Lilyhammer.Tumblr.com and visit netflix.com/lilyhammer.

About Netflix

Netflix is the world’s leading Internet television network with over 40 million members in more than 40 countries enjoying more than one billion hours of TV shows and movies per month, including original series. For one low monthly price, Netflix members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on nearly any Internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.

SOURCE Netflix, Inc.

What do you think? Do you watch this series on Netflix?

lillygirl07 August 29, 2014 at 10:49 am

love this show, gets better and better!!!!

dizey July 27, 2014 at 5:04 pm

I love this show. I’m looking forward to season 3 – so when does it air?

Penny July 23, 2014 at 12:05 am

Love this show. The mixture of Norwegian and English is easy to follow and the tongue in cheek look at both the U.S. And Norwegian cultures is clever and funny. Can’t wait for season 3!

Gerry Paradiso July 12, 2014 at 10:28 pm

I would like the show more if it had sub titles. I don’t speak Norwegian

Jim Nassetta July 11, 2014 at 12:20 am

The best thing to come along in years. I’m astounded at how few people know of this fabulous production. Hats off to whomever decided to bring it back for a third season. Already hoping for a fourth.

LAA June 23, 2014 at 12:31 pm

I was skeptical about this how at first but I must admit that I cant get enough it is really entertaining and the wacky characters are really wonderful.

Joe May 16, 2014 at 6:36 pm

Lily hammer is the shit! Keep the series coming and more action! Gangster shit!

Paula Nelson April 6, 2014 at 11:05 am

Am so glad to read this news! Lillihamer is an awesome show! My whole family loves it – just finished season two and will probably re-watch them all again. Keep this show going…it’s a wonderful, quirky, exciting, dramedy!!! LOVE IT!!!

bobby March 19, 2014 at 11:03 am

This is such a strange, quirky,funny show, that I stay up in the wee hours of the morning because I can’t stop watching it. I love it…..I haven’t seen this unique creativity anywhere else. This is the first comedy show since “Modern Family” that let’s you discover the funny parts instead of throwing laugh tracks at you to steer you there.

walter February 23, 2014 at 5:22 pm

Best show Ever!!!

Jack February 18, 2014 at 5:39 pm

Love this show!!!

A Hald February 12, 2014 at 11:19 pm

Best show in a long time. Love it, found it by accident, just browsing and fell for it!

David January 27, 2014 at 5:17 pm

Love it hope it’s around for many more seasons.

Susan January 21, 2014 at 8:09 pm

Absolute gem of a sleeper We stumbled upon after finishing binge of seven seasons of breaking bad as the only adults in America who never saw it! Love Steven va Zandt and all the Norwegian actors! Hurry up with season 3! Nothing on tv worth watching now.

Donna Medlock January 15, 2014 at 3:27 pm

I happened onto this series when I finished watching the latest episode of “House of Cards” and thought the premise sounded interesting. I can’t believe my good luck to have found this under-known gem. Talk about binge watching! I couldn’t get enough of it. I’ve told all my friends and family about it and insisted they watch it so I can talk about it until the new season is available. I LOVE IT!