Lincoln Heights: ABC Family TV Series Cancelled, No Season Five

Lincoln HeightsIt looks like the story of the Sutton clan has come to an end. ABC Family has quietly decided to cancel Lincoln Heights after four seasons.

Lincoln Heights tells the story of Officer Eddie Sutton (Russell Hornsby) who moves his family back to his old neighborhood. Other castmembers include Erica Hubbard, Nikki Micheaux, Rhyon Brown, Mishon Ratliff, Robert Adamson, and Michael Reilly Burke.

The TV show debuted on January 8, 2007 and the first season was successful enough to warrant a renewal by March. At that point, it was one of the cable channel’s higher performers in the key demographics.

While announcing that the second season would kick off in September 2007, ABC Family President Paul Lee said, “We really think we have something unique here… The fact that it’s an African American family drama alone separates it from the crowd, but its terrific cast and superb writing also make it truly special and perfect for ABC Family.”

Should Lincoln Heights have been cancelled?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Following season two, it took several months for ABC Family to decide to bring Lincoln Heights back for a third round. They finally did and that kicked off in September 2008. The audience grew and the show became the cable channel’s top performer among Females 12-34 and Female teens. It didn’t take as long to renew the series for year four.

Season four kicked off in September 2009. It ended up being one of the channel’s weaker programs of 2009, being outperformed by other ABC Family shows, including cancelled Kyle XY.

No specific reason was given for the Lincoln Heights cancellation. However, though it’s been favored by some critics, the series has never been a big hit for the cable channel and has only been given 10 episode renewals each season.

What do you think? Are you upset or surprised that the series has been cancelled? Do you think the last episode of Lincoln Heights is a worthwhile series finale?

Canceled and renewed TV show

1,547 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. Shannon resta says

I loved watching Lincoln Heights. I’m shocked that it was cancelled. I was glued to that show. Plz bring it back.

2. Anonymous says

I think Lincoln height should go back on.even if not. On tv on netflix I loved this show n was disappointed when it ended

3. Madison says

Bring Lincoln Heights back because its a really terrific show and i just love re watching the show over and over again!!! So please bring back Lincoln Heights with season five!!!! And also its true they do cancelled all the good shows especially Lincoln Heights!!!!

4. Anthony Duran says

I’m upset and surprised they took lincoln heights off the air because it was a real good show with real life events they need to bring it back kuz the last episode was good but not a finale they need to bring it back

5. says

I’m bety angry they cancelled the show.If it was going to end like that they showed have not made them at all. I hate the way this show ended if the producer will please make another I would be very gratefull. This show has inspire me to follow my dreams and protect my family. Please i ask u that u make another season

6. Lala says

We need more seasons. This show was so Great. Soms actors in the show are huge now. Bring the show back please. There a still a lot of fans

7. Ashley says

Really wish Lincoln heights would be brought back. I love this show and my kids enjoy it as well. This is a show that I could watchv over and over again. And something that my family sits and watches together. There are some crazy shows out there and the good ones always get cancelled.

8. Vanoy Blake says

Please bring back Lincoln Heights finally I got to watch season 3 and.4 then I find out there are no more seasons …. it was such a geatr show…… so much things left to see…. even though it’s been so long I would kill to watch a next episode….

9. Rena says

10. Rena says

I miss “Lincoln Heights” so much. Please, please bring it back. The cast was wonderful and had great chemistry together. It was a mistake to cancel this wonderful show.