Lincoln Heights: ABC Family TV Series Cancelled, No Season Five

Lincoln HeightsIt looks like the story of the Sutton clan has come to an end. ABC Family has quietly decided to cancel Lincoln Heights after four seasons.

Lincoln Heights tells the story of Officer Eddie Sutton (Russell Hornsby) who moves his family back to his old neighborhood. Other castmembers include Erica Hubbard, Nikki Micheaux, Rhyon Brown, Mishon Ratliff, Robert Adamson, and Michael Reilly Burke.

The TV show debuted on January 8, 2007 and the first season was successful enough to warrant a renewal by March. At that point, it was one of the cable channel’s higher performers in the key demographics.

While announcing that the second season would kick off in September 2007, ABC Family President Paul Lee said, “We really think we have something unique here… The fact that it’s an African American family drama alone separates it from the crowd, but its terrific cast and superb writing also make it truly special and perfect for ABC Family.”

Should Lincoln Heights have been cancelled?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Following season two, it took several months for ABC Family to decide to bring Lincoln Heights back for a third round. They finally did and that kicked off in September 2008. The audience grew and the show became the cable channel’s top performer among Females 12-34 and Female teens. It didn’t take as long to renew the series for year four.

Season four kicked off in September 2009. It ended up being one of the channel’s weaker programs of 2009, being outperformed by other ABC Family shows, including cancelled Kyle XY.

No specific reason was given for the Lincoln Heights cancellation. However, though it’s been favored by some critics, the series has never been a big hit for the cable channel and has only been given 10 episode renewals each season.

What do you think? Are you upset or surprised that the series has been cancelled? Do you think the last episode of Lincoln Heights is a worthwhile series finale?

Tatyanna Baccus December 11, 2014 at 8:40 pm

I am really upset that the lincoln heights episode is off I loved that series and please bring it back I want more episodes….please think about it……

jen December 10, 2014 at 4:02 pm

I watched all four episodes with my husband, i think that it was a very inspiring show show all families, i wish they could come out with another episode i loved it

zeena kanahele December 8, 2014 at 9:24 pm

I just finished watching all four seasons of lincoln heights on Netflix. It was really inspiring & motivating me to do a lot in my community & bettering myself. This tv show is amazing at how it has so much life learning & family base knowledge. I hope it’s not to late for the director, producer & cast to reconsider the cancellation on season 5. Me along with many other friends would love to see how everything has turned out with such good Steps to follow

Kierra December 8, 2014 at 8:38 pm

Why did yall cancel this? I’ve watched all 4 seasons in 5 days. I love this show. I have so many unanswered questions. Did Cassie & Charles ever get married? Did Nate Ray ever get help? Did the man get convicted for killing Syd’s Aunt Minnie? Soooo Mannyyy QUESTIONSSS! PLEASE BRING BACK LINCOLN HEIGHTS!

SJ Fontenot November 30, 2014 at 9:49 pm

I started watching this series on Netflix almost non-stop and half way through season four I immediately started looking for the time slot for this show on ABC Family. Now that I know there were only four seasons I’m afraid to finish because I don’t want it to end. This was a great show with a great cast. To bad the powers that be didn’t appreciate the show they had or had the insight to realize what the meant to so many viewers.

Steve means November 29, 2014 at 10:43 pm

I’m a national football player for the Baltimore Ravens and I love watching this show. It gives some black people I know hope or at least puts a smile on their face and it’s good. Bring it back one last time

maija November 29, 2014 at 4:18 am

I can’t believe this got cancelled , I’m about to die , I just finished all four seasons and I am tingling for the 5th I am so upset , I can’t bring my thoughts to words ! Ugh why cancel ? Worst mistake ever !! Please bring it back ! Please ! This is what my generation needs to see today ! Pleaseee !