Lincoln Heights: ABC Family TV Series Cancelled, No Season Five

Lincoln HeightsIt looks like the story of the Sutton clan has come to an end. ABC Family has quietly decided to cancel Lincoln Heights after four seasons.

Lincoln Heights tells the story of Officer Eddie Sutton (Russell Hornsby) who moves his family back to his old neighborhood. Other castmembers include Erica Hubbard, Nikki Micheaux, Rhyon Brown, Mishon Ratliff, Robert Adamson, and Michael Reilly Burke.

The TV show debuted on January 8, 2007 and the first season was successful enough to warrant a renewal by March. At that point, it was one of the cable channel’s higher performers in the key demographics.

While announcing that the second season would kick off in September 2007, ABC Family President Paul Lee said, “We really think we have something unique here… The fact that it’s an African American family drama alone separates it from the crowd, but its terrific cast and superb writing also make it truly special and perfect for ABC Family.”

Should Lincoln Heights have been cancelled?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Following season two, it took several months for ABC Family to decide to bring Lincoln Heights back for a third round. They finally did and that kicked off in September 2008. The audience grew and the show became the cable channel’s top performer among Females 12-34 and Female teens. It didn’t take as long to renew the series for year four.

Season four kicked off in September 2009. It ended up being one of the channel’s weaker programs of 2009, being outperformed by other ABC Family shows, including cancelled Kyle XY.

No specific reason was given for the Lincoln Heights cancellation. However, though it’s been favored by some critics, the series has never been a big hit for the cable channel and has only been given 10 episode renewals each season.

What do you think? Are you upset or surprised that the series has been cancelled? Do you think the last episode of Lincoln Heights is a worthwhile series finale?

BRING BACK THE SHOW November 25, 2014 at 4:36 pm

I’m 17years old and everybody I know love this tv show and we was upset when we found out it was cancels. Why cancels the best tv show ever I mean everybody in my town wacth it. They can at least put it on netflix if not on tv. Please bring back the show.

Vohnneshia Rivers November 22, 2014 at 6:25 pm

I think the show must go on just left everyone hanging bring the damn show back

me November 22, 2014 at 12:43 am

why would they ever cancel a suspencful great show it beats reality tv any day im beyond pissed

Knoye Jackson November 18, 2014 at 6:01 pm

This was one of the best family shows I have seen in a long time. It’s a show I can actually sit and watch with my kids and not having to tell them turn it off because of the language or sex. Let God lead you all this is a great show. You all have done a awesome job.thanks for sharing with us.

Sandra Jackson November 18, 2014 at 12:10 am

Lincoln Heights was the best. I really would like to see a season 5. This show had so many of life’s valuable lessons interwoven within it. Please give us season 5.

Brittani Matthews November 16, 2014 at 11:35 pm

Just finished watching all four seasons on netflix. I absolutely loved every episode. I wish there were more seasons to watch. Lincoln Heights was honestly the best show I’ve watched in years. Only took me five days to watch all four seasons…I loved it that much!!

Anonymous November 16, 2014 at 7:32 pm

my family and I really enjoy this show it made really mad that they cancelled it I wish they reconsidered bringing it back

Anonymous November 16, 2014 at 2:39 am

How could anyone just wish to cancel this amazing show! The family dynamic in this show is truly amazing and I wish it continued! The fourth season really touches you but leaves you with so many unanswered questions…like do Charles and Cassie end up getting married? Does Lizzie and the school get to preform the play? And Tay, what’s going to happen with his musical career? Does Charles try and work things out with his father? This show was greatly and truly amazing! I would’ve loved it if they kept it going. I wish there was a way we could something to get it back in the air because this show really shows people what can happen when a community bands together and shows what family is really all about. This show was a dream most people couldn’t begin to think of. There were so many aspects of this show that reflect the real world today, that I believe that if they kept it going people would truly see it and it might even change things in today’s world! I loved this show!

Jaron November 16, 2014 at 12:03 am

I really really miss this show really wish they would’ve keep the show the way the last episode ended it left us waiting for more

Nickee November 13, 2014 at 8:58 pm

lincoln heights needs to comeback for a 5th season

Taylor November 10, 2014 at 4:41 pm

This show must go on!!!!!! Why would they take such a good series away?? I just started watching in 2014. If it was showed more on commercials and things like that it would have had so many more viewers!!!! The end of season 4 started something new and it must go on!! I want to know more of the story and what Charles and Cassie ended up doing!!! PLEASE BRING THIS SHOW BACK!!!!!

Anonymous November 4, 2014 at 10:08 pm

They real need to get this show back on same cast if not it will not work nobody new I just seen all the seasons on Netflix. And I loved it and if that’s how it ends then that’s like a big fu guys it had so much more to tell how did all the kids end up how was life going to be for them now after there luck got better. It’s so much more that can happen and if its never a new season……….. That’s real sad you could have did better then that

tyrell molson November 2, 2014 at 4:39 am

This show started off very promising, then it got very repetitive. I can honestly see why it ended. The show got worse when they introduced women kissing. Kyle Xy was a better show. Now that should get renewed.

Cheryl October 28, 2014 at 10:33 pm

I really enjoy watching Lincoln Heights and although Netflix has the episodes, I don’t have Netflix for now…I’ve purchased the first season and I never Get tired of seeing the same episodes. I hope that ABC Family reconsider bring the show back. I believe it could take on a different angle now that the kids are grown…For examples Taylor and/or Lizzy are now cops with families of their own. Maybe Eddie is a police commissioner and Jennifer is head Nurse in the ER department, Cassie and Charles are still married and happy. Just a thought.

L. Anderson October 27, 2014 at 6:17 pm

My family and I really enjoy the Lincoln Heights series, and like someone else said thank God for Netflix so we can watch any we may have missed! This is a great show with great actors, please consider bringing it back! To me and my family, this was one of the more relatable shows; we don’t care for most of the reality shows out now. I truly wish you would reconsider.