Lincoln Heights: ABC Family TV Series Cancelled, No Season Five

Lincoln HeightsIt looks like the story of the Sutton clan has come to an end. ABC Family has quietly decided to cancel Lincoln Heights after four seasons.

Lincoln Heights tells the story of Officer Eddie Sutton (Russell Hornsby) who moves his family back to his old neighborhood. Other castmembers include Erica Hubbard, Nikki Micheaux, Rhyon Brown, Mishon Ratliff, Robert Adamson, and Michael Reilly Burke.

The TV show debuted on January 8, 2007 and the first season was successful enough to warrant a renewal by March. At that point, it was one of the cable channel’s higher performers in the key demographics.

While announcing that the second season would kick off in September 2007, ABC Family President Paul Lee said, “We really think we have something unique here… The fact that it’s an African American family drama alone separates it from the crowd, but its terrific cast and superb writing also make it truly special and perfect for ABC Family.”

Should Lincoln Heights have been cancelled?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Following season two, it took several months for ABC Family to decide to bring Lincoln Heights back for a third round. They finally did and that kicked off in September 2008. The audience grew and the show became the cable channel’s top performer among Females 12-34 and Female teens. It didn’t take as long to renew the series for year four.

Season four kicked off in September 2009. It ended up being one of the channel’s weaker programs of 2009, being outperformed by other ABC Family shows, including cancelled Kyle XY.

No specific reason was given for the Lincoln Heights cancellation. However, though it’s been favored by some critics, the series has never been a big hit for the cable channel and has only been given 10 episode renewals each season.

What do you think? Are you upset or surprised that the series has been cancelled? Do you think the last episode of Lincoln Heights is a worthwhile series finale?

Anonymous October 23, 2014 at 11:02 am

Man i loved this show please bring it back what we have to do

brianna October 22, 2014 at 9:19 pm

Please bring this show back!!!!!!!!!! Its the best show ever❗❗

Smitty October 22, 2014 at 10:42 am

Great TV show which teaches family love, values, and morals. I think it didn’t get a lot of viewers due to not being advertised enough through commercials. Also cable station may have needed to be changed for 5th season. Really great cop show that the writer needs to really bring back.

Alex October 22, 2014 at 10:09 am

I really need this show to come back on it has a great message and I cant get enough. Bring it back

Pat P. Jr. October 20, 2014 at 9:47 pm

Love this show. Saw all seasons and episodes on NETFLIX. Boy am I hooked. I hope it comes back somewhere.

Diana Marie October 19, 2014 at 10:18 pm

I didn’t even know that this tv show existed until this year, I watched all 4 seasons, and I am hooked, please bring it back. PLEASE!!! It is really good

Tee October 13, 2014 at 9:17 am

I loved this show. Please bring back or let another channel bring it back.

Taigh October 12, 2014 at 11:17 pm

Please bring the show back !!!!!!! Big big mistake by ABC !

Angela October 12, 2014 at 8:32 pm

I can’t believe they canceled this wonderful show. I was sitting here with a crazy look on my face 5 min ago, because I just watched what I didnt realize was the last show. I even went back and looked again, to make sure I didnt hit a button. The writers of this show need to be commended on this show and have the show brought back. Also the actors on the show as well. All of the actors playing the characters of this show were amazing! This show took Me back to the neighborhood that I grew up in. A sense of community that has been lost. This had wonderful life lessons and wonderful morals, and it is a shame that we don’t have more shows like this for our youth to watch and become involved in. Instead of the trash that they keep on TV. I am very disappointed with ABC Family!!

Kiara Webb October 11, 2014 at 12:01 pm

Please Bring The Show Back. I Just Finished Watching All 4 Seasons On Netflix And It Needs A Season 5 And More. PLEASE BRING IT BACK!!!!!

Shavonne Banks October 9, 2014 at 2:02 pm

This show should have never been canceled. The fact that it brings joy, laughter, sorrow and hope all at once is amazing. It tells a story, yes, but even more gives the perfect example of family and how things could and should be handled.
It was very upseting to see that it had been canceled. I wonder where the actors are now, and how it would be to bring them all back together on set.

Broderick October 7, 2014 at 5:48 pm

The series were very well done. I’m going to miss this show. I didn’t discover the series until 2014 on netflix and was very shock to realize it came out in 2007.

Maria October 6, 2014 at 10:18 am

Please bring the show back!!!! I really miss it!! It reminds me from where I grew up!!!

Anonymous October 4, 2014 at 1:55 pm