Lincoln Heights: ABC Family TV Series Cancelled, No Season Five

Lincoln HeightsIt looks like the story of the Sutton clan has come to an end. ABC Family has quietly decided to cancel Lincoln Heights after four seasons.

Lincoln Heights tells the story of Officer Eddie Sutton (Russell Hornsby) who moves his family back to his old neighborhood. Other castmembers include Erica Hubbard, Nikki Micheaux, Rhyon Brown, Mishon Ratliff, Robert Adamson, and Michael Reilly Burke.

The TV show debuted on January 8, 2007 and the first season was successful enough to warrant a renewal by March. At that point, it was one of the cable channel’s higher performers in the key demographics.

While announcing that the second season would kick off in September 2007, ABC Family President Paul Lee said, “We really think we have something unique here… The fact that it’s an African American family drama alone separates it from the crowd, but its terrific cast and superb writing also make it truly special and perfect for ABC Family.”

Should Lincoln Heights have been cancelled?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Following season two, it took several months for ABC Family to decide to bring Lincoln Heights back for a third round. They finally did and that kicked off in September 2008. The audience grew and the show became the cable channel’s top performer among Females 12-34 and Female teens. It didn’t take as long to renew the series for year four.

Season four kicked off in September 2009. It ended up being one of the channel’s weaker programs of 2009, being outperformed by other ABC Family shows, including cancelled Kyle XY.

No specific reason was given for the Lincoln Heights cancellation. However, though it’s been favored by some critics, the series has never been a big hit for the cable channel and has only been given 10 episode renewals each season.

What do you think? Are you upset or surprised that the series has been cancelled? Do you think the last episode of Lincoln Heights is a worthwhile series finale?

Anonymous November 19, 2012 at 6:57 pm

Lincoln heights was the best show ever ! Please bring it back

Nikki November 19, 2012 at 2:44 am

I love Lincoln Heights.We need the show back everyone that watched it loved it so why not bring it back.i mean it has a good story line to it&thought abc family should start airing more shows like this one…why cancel it when it got a lot of viewers:)I just wish there was more to come

Jacob November 18, 2012 at 6:45 pm

This was a very good tv show. Always had great story lines. Always kept me on the edge of my seat in most episodes. The cast was a great team. Really wish it wouldn’t have been cancelled. There aren’t any good shows on these days.

Shirelle November 16, 2012 at 4:27 am

Lincoln Heights is an AMAZING show . It has everything i love in a series . Drama, Family, Love, And ongoing issues . Its a show that a lot of people can relate to . Gang violence, reunited families, death, etc. The least they could do is bring back one more season, with a series finale . Something to make my eyes water & my heart jump . I loved this series but the last episode just didnt feel like a finale .

Anonymous November 13, 2012 at 10:22 pm

this is not funny, i love this show bring it backkkkkkkkkk !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :( it can still come back ! this sucks /: …. bye.

Anonymous November 11, 2012 at 1:53 am

Please bring this show back it’s the only thing I watched on tv

Anonymous November 3, 2012 at 12:31 pm

Bring Lincoln Heights back please!!!!

Alyssa November 1, 2012 at 9:51 am

I loved this show. Please bring it back!!!!

josh s October 30, 2012 at 10:49 pm

im not tv watcher but this show was excellent. I really enjoyed the tv show. abc family is tripping they rather show that have nothing 2 do real life. LINCOLN HEIGHTS is a good show we need to see cassie Lizzi tay mrs & mr. sutton charles an sage back on air.

Anonymous October 26, 2012 at 11:04 pm

i agree i love the show too please bring it back

Anonymous October 19, 2012 at 10:10 pm

Please please bring it back! Me and my family love it! It’s such a good family promotion! Abc your making a mistake!!!!

Dsire October 17, 2012 at 10:58 pm

Please bring it back ! I never watched it until one day I started it on Netflix now I’m on Season 4 Ep: 10 ! There is no 5 so I’m mad my bestfriend is now hooked on the show also she’s just getting started but when she sees it stops at 4 she will also be disappointed so BRING IT BACK !! Please :( :)

Jennifer October 17, 2012 at 7:16 am

It took me 3 days to watch all 4 seasons of Lincoln Heights. I loved it, and I think they should continue it. I was very upset to see that there was no season 5..

Anonymous October 26, 2012 at 11:05 pm

same here

ariel October 15, 2012 at 7:04 pm

I was so pissed when I found out they cancelled the show, I watched that show faithfully every week! I would be the happiest person if they brought it back which I know is not likely since its been a few years:/ re-runs it is

Anonymous October 11, 2012 at 7:28 pm

I don’t think the last episode was good enough as a finale. I would love to see more. Please bing it back.