Lincoln Heights: ABC Family TV Series Cancelled, No Season Five

Lincoln HeightsIt looks like the story of the Sutton clan has come to an end. ABC Family has quietly decided to cancel Lincoln Heights after four seasons.

Lincoln Heights tells the story of Officer Eddie Sutton (Russell Hornsby) who moves his family back to his old neighborhood. Other castmembers include Erica Hubbard, Nikki Micheaux, Rhyon Brown, Mishon Ratliff, Robert Adamson, and Michael Reilly Burke.

The TV show debuted on January 8, 2007 and the first season was successful enough to warrant a renewal by March. At that point, it was one of the cable channel’s higher performers in the key demographics.

While announcing that the second season would kick off in September 2007, ABC Family President Paul Lee said, “We really think we have something unique here… The fact that it’s an African American family drama alone separates it from the crowd, but its terrific cast and superb writing also make it truly special and perfect for ABC Family.”

Should Lincoln Heights have been cancelled?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Following season two, it took several months for ABC Family to decide to bring Lincoln Heights back for a third round. They finally did and that kicked off in September 2008. The audience grew and the show became the cable channel’s top performer among Females 12-34 and Female teens. It didn’t take as long to renew the series for year four.

Season four kicked off in September 2009. It ended up being one of the channel’s weaker programs of 2009, being outperformed by other ABC Family shows, including cancelled Kyle XY.

No specific reason was given for the Lincoln Heights cancellation. However, though it’s been favored by some critics, the series has never been a big hit for the cable channel and has only been given 10 episode renewals each season.

What do you think? Are you upset or surprised that the series has been cancelled? Do you think the last episode of Lincoln Heights is a worthwhile series finale?

#1 fan January 16, 2013 at 8:35 pm

I saw this on netflix and omg its the best! It teaches you so much about family morels values ethics its a solid show and omg where is seaseon five???? This is what tv is about please bring back season five!!!!

jessica January 15, 2013 at 4:38 pm

my goodneess this show is rock solid imhooked as well as touched I had never seen lincoln heights until now . Ive never heard of this show until now it was noticed on netflicks and i was glued any free time i have and trust me its not much time . I have an audience watching with me too its a high quality show with potential and i can tell you it has an impact of alot of different things its a full package that can continue to be enjoyed it makes you feel . Show the Sutton family and what became of them we all need happy endings and least to even partake and see happiness that creates hope and faith and love that we can too have and feel in time and hard wk. things you incounter in life are subject to change and i believe for the better even knowing theres bad in our surrondings . Now would be a good idea to bring it back . I have watched every single episode on netflicks this show is a positve family show of understanding the concept of how hard we all have to work on the familys and the ones who become family and the ones we loose to corrupt and how that cycle continues how much it does make an impact who wants to make the same mistakes and live with that pain and sorrow too no one does we should be looking out for eachother and want more for eachother. It gives you prospective and knowing things can change from bad to good expecially now in our everyday lives we need to wk together and build stronger borders you know that sometimes going back to something old is good it just wasnt its time because season 4 didnt do well it cant be only about the ratings its people today who can relate, it shows an example how we should be to family and to one another and seeing we all make mistakes . I know this is the time to put season 5 out take a risk bring it back LIINCOLN HEIGHTS.

Dina January 12, 2013 at 12:14 pm

i hate that there isnt gonna be a season 5!! now theres nothing on tv! i hope they change their minds

tashi January 11, 2013 at 6:11 pm

i really think you should bring this show back its amazing and i loved it when i watched it on netflix. please bring out season 5

Devin F January 9, 2013 at 10:59 pm

Kids in my high school talked about this show all the time. Everyone watched it and we all talked about it throughout the week. It seemed like it had a pretty good following in my school. Don’t know what the rest of the country was thinking. Lincoln Heights hast to come back. It was a perfect show and everyone that I knew watched it.

Brittney January 9, 2013 at 12:38 pm

Omg no season 5. Shut the front door please bring it back thank so much

courtne January 9, 2013 at 12:10 am

I am really upset I love this show Nd I just started watching it on netflix and I watched all 4seasons in 7days lol u have got to bring it back

Alyssa January 7, 2013 at 1:29 am

There needs to be a season five this is my FAVORITE show!

chuck g January 6, 2013 at 7:57 pm

This was a really good series. Solid story that seems to really touch me – real characters. This is one of those stories that should continue. Networks really don’t know what is good anymore.

L. sample January 6, 2013 at 7:06 pm

I absolutely love this show. I was hooked from episode one. I really would like to see Charles and Cassie get married. Make it seem as they are f.ollowing her parents footsteps. I want to see Lizzy get into a prestigious school.

Tyrell Gee January 6, 2013 at 11:53 am

Just discovered it when my 14yr old daughter told me she and her younger siblings loved it, now in HOOKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous January 6, 2013 at 10:34 am

What a way to end it i realky loved this show i watched it every night when it ended i wanted to cry

Anonymous January 2, 2013 at 1:42 pm

I started watching Lincoln Heights on Netflix, I have watched it non stop for days. I just can’t get enough, its so engaging. I love the family story and the drama. We need to have more family shows like this on tv. Please bring back Lincoln Heights!

Teresa Aquino January 1, 2013 at 9:09 pm

I heard about the show when it debuted but never got around to watching it. I finally watched on Netflix and got hooked. I just finished season 4 and I think that was a terrible way to end the series. I really want to see what happens with “Chassie” and their future. I really want to see what happens with Tay and his music. This show really needs to at least have a season 5 and end the series better. Let Cassie and Charles get married after high school and go to college wherever and let Tay get a record deal or something. End it right ya know.

Deanna Cohen January 1, 2013 at 12:58 pm

I just discovered Lincoln heights on Netflix I cannot stop watching it, by far the most quality family show I have seen in at least 20 years. If this show were to come back I would come back to television and my family will come with me.