Lincoln Heights: ABC Family TV Series Cancelled, No Season Five

Lincoln HeightsIt looks like the story of the Sutton clan has come to an end. ABC Family has quietly decided to cancel Lincoln Heights after four seasons.

Lincoln Heights tells the story of Officer Eddie Sutton (Russell Hornsby) who moves his family back to his old neighborhood. Other castmembers include Erica Hubbard, Nikki Micheaux, Rhyon Brown, Mishon Ratliff, Robert Adamson, and Michael Reilly Burke.

The TV show debuted on January 8, 2007 and the first season was successful enough to warrant a renewal by March. At that point, it was one of the cable channel’s higher performers in the key demographics.

While announcing that the second season would kick off in September 2007, ABC Family President Paul Lee said, “We really think we have something unique here… The fact that it’s an African American family drama alone separates it from the crowd, but its terrific cast and superb writing also make it truly special and perfect for ABC Family.”

Should Lincoln Heights have been cancelled?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Following season two, it took several months for ABC Family to decide to bring Lincoln Heights back for a third round. They finally did and that kicked off in September 2008. The audience grew and the show became the cable channel’s top performer among Females 12-34 and Female teens. It didn’t take as long to renew the series for year four.

Season four kicked off in September 2009. It ended up being one of the channel’s weaker programs of 2009, being outperformed by other ABC Family shows, including cancelled Kyle XY.

No specific reason was given for the Lincoln Heights cancellation. However, though it’s been favored by some critics, the series has never been a big hit for the cable channel and has only been given 10 episode renewals each season.

What do you think? Are you upset or surprised that the series has been cancelled? Do you think the last episode of Lincoln Heights is a worthwhile series finale?

Jade Winters April 7, 2013 at 10:22 pm

I just found out about the cancellation of Lincoln Heights and i’m really disappointed.
Lincoln Heights is a great entertaining family series. It would be awesome to keep the series going, thank you so much:)

Deneen Jallow April 4, 2013 at 7:51 pm

I absolutely loved this show. It was awesome and real. It showed of real life situations, It was positive up-building and wholesome. This show needs to be brought back, there are a lot of people who enjoyed it, how can you justify cancelling it. It was a great show that I would love to see return to TV. There are not any positive African American shows on.

Anonymous April 4, 2013 at 6:10 pm

This T.V. Show Is AMAZING. Bring It Back Please!!! Im On The Last Season & This Show Needs More Episodes….

liz trevino April 1, 2013 at 2:03 am

Please bring back the show. Me and my family loved the show. We want more…
We learned so much from the show specially to have no secrets in the family and to always be there for each other no matter what.

Katie March 31, 2013 at 9:52 pm

They really need to bring Lincoln Heights back . I just finished re watching all the seasons on Netflix . Please bring it back !

BounceDatAss March 31, 2013 at 1:34 am

I love this show please bring it back out

Daryius March 26, 2013 at 1:20 am

I love this show an i wish tht it can come back out cause im an lincoln heights fan, im watchin right now. I HOPE MORE SEASONS COME BACK OUT. But lincoln Heights should be the main.

Lisette Tirado March 25, 2013 at 3:10 pm

I just started watching this show on Netflix per the recommendation of my Sister. We absolutely love the show and the characters. Please bring this show back or at least a two hour movie to close up the last season (4). There is so much reality bull-crap shows on TV and this dramatic show is superb with great values. We need more shows like this on TV. Please……

lexi March 24, 2013 at 11:32 pm

This is bull crap! I am highly upset that they would end it like that. I mean if you dont want to bring back a whole new season at least add an appropiate episode to end the entire show! the way the last episode in season 4 ended is not an appropiate way to end it! This makes me super mad because I have been waiting and waiting for season 5 to come out! Ughhhh this just ruined my whole life! Thanx

Mrs. Henry March 23, 2013 at 4:13 am

Wow great family entertainment. Please bring it back I know my family and I loved it and would watch it faithfully.

Susan Treat Herrington March 22, 2013 at 6:47 pm

I love the show and now I am sad to see that there is no more episodes to watch I really hope you do bring the show back and in all honesty this show shows people that different color people can be to together.

Anonymous March 22, 2013 at 7:53 am

Please god let there be more seasons I don’t adk for much I love this show and been telling everyone about it and if I knew this was showing on tv I would have been tune in everyday week , hour, min, second. Please bring it back

Samira March 22, 2013 at 12:54 am

I loved that show please please bring it back. I’m still waiting to continue it from the finale. Pleased pretty pleaseee

brenda dotson March 19, 2013 at 10:43 am

please bring it back . love to watch lincoln heights

Anonymous March 18, 2013 at 7:51 pm

Bring it back no love this show I’m down to 1 episode left
I’m getting sad bring. It back I’m watching it right now on netflix
I need a season I’m only 11 and love this show

Susan Treat Herrington March 22, 2013 at 6:48 pm

just got done with all of it and i totally agree with you i love the show and i am sad that it is off the air