Lincoln Heights: ABC Family TV Series Cancelled, No Season Five

Lincoln HeightsIt looks like the story of the Sutton clan has come to an end. ABC Family has quietly decided to cancel Lincoln Heights after four seasons.

Lincoln Heights tells the story of Officer Eddie Sutton (Russell Hornsby) who moves his family back to his old neighborhood. Other castmembers include Erica Hubbard, Nikki Micheaux, Rhyon Brown, Mishon Ratliff, Robert Adamson, and Michael Reilly Burke.

The TV show debuted on January 8, 2007 and the first season was successful enough to warrant a renewal by March. At that point, it was one of the cable channel’s higher performers in the key demographics.

While announcing that the second season would kick off in September 2007, ABC Family President Paul Lee said, “We really think we have something unique here… The fact that it’s an African American family drama alone separates it from the crowd, but its terrific cast and superb writing also make it truly special and perfect for ABC Family.”

Should Lincoln Heights have been cancelled?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Following season two, it took several months for ABC Family to decide to bring Lincoln Heights back for a third round. They finally did and that kicked off in September 2008. The audience grew and the show became the cable channel’s top performer among Females 12-34 and Female teens. It didn’t take as long to renew the series for year four.

Season four kicked off in September 2009. It ended up being one of the channel’s weaker programs of 2009, being outperformed by other ABC Family shows, including cancelled Kyle XY.

No specific reason was given for the Lincoln Heights cancellation. However, though it’s been favored by some critics, the series has never been a big hit for the cable channel and has only been given 10 episode renewals each season.

What do you think? Are you upset or surprised that the series has been cancelled? Do you think the last episode of Lincoln Heights is a worthwhile series finale?

sha May 27, 2013 at 5:47 pm

Agreed saw on Netflix would like to see it brought back

Chris from Texas May 27, 2013 at 6:48 am

Man let me start off by saying I never knew this show even existed until I stumbled across it on netflix last week. Since then, me and my gf have ran through the entire 1st season in less then a week. This truely is the BEST show I’ve ever seen in all my 25 years on this earth. Being an african american, it’s nice to see a positve tv show about a black family. Every episode has a ton of action, enough to keep a somebody like me engulfed into each episode ( I usually only watch action / shoot em’ up type movies ). There is a lesson taught in each episode and that’s the main thing. You see ups and downs… But it isn’t just soft, mushy, family show…. Like I said, I love the action here !!!! This show actually makes you care about the characters, almost as if you are actually getting to know them. Great show, but too bad it got canceled man. Oh well, its still brand new to me !!! Straight out of Texas, much love to the cast of Lincoln Heights. Greatest show created.

Tina May 27, 2013 at 2:28 am

I Just watched 43 episode of Lincoln Heights on Netflix… I love this show and it should be brought back. There is no show on TV that shows such a positive and loving, family unit. The show is very uplifting and inspiring…
I really miss this Tv show!!!!

Destiny Combs May 22, 2013 at 8:17 pm

I really think that Lincoln Heights should be brought back. It was the only show represented the background of African American family. I’ve been recently been watching re-runs off the show on Netflix. I have truly missed the show it had a meaning and it was symbolic. I mean yea we know that all of the characters are all grown up and doing there own thing, but I think that its possible to think of something and get Lincoln Heights back on track. Like where is the family now.?Whose married? And whose not married? Did Eddie ever get promoted? The show didn’t end at all in my opinion. I think that by bringing the show the channel will mostly likely have a lot more viewers. Now all the other shows on ABC FAMILY now a days are nice like Pretty Little Liars, The Lying Game, Switched at Birth. But I would really suggest getting Lincoln Heights back and up and running. Thank you Lincoln Heights. The show has helped me grow with my own personal struggles and its even made me a better person, and also a better place of my community. Thank You

Ashley May 21, 2013 at 9:14 pm

Should bring back Lincoln heights I love that show its the best show ever. It changed me and my sister…. so please bring it back

Ra'Heem Milledge May 20, 2013 at 8:21 am

BRING THE SHOW BACK PLEASE BRING IT BACK. THAT WAS AND STILL IS MY FAVORITE SHOW OF ALL TIME. THAT SHOW CHANGE MY LIFE AND MADE ME A BETTER PERSON. SO PLEASE PLEASE BRING THE SHOW BACK . PLEASE

suzie Ruiz May 18, 2013 at 4:19 pm

bring it back i loved it .dying to c seasson 5

Kris Gregg May 18, 2013 at 12:50 am

What do SUITES know? High pay low art appreciation. Unemployment line awaits.

fefestar May 17, 2013 at 3:07 am

Bring it back!! The show probably would do better now than before…4 seasons aren’t enough for me. Lol

Anonymous May 14, 2013 at 10:47 pm

Bring it back!

Tammy May 13, 2013 at 11:11 pm

I think they should make a season5 for Lincoln heights me and my kids watch all the season 1 through 4 and we are upset it was canceled the ending of season 4 left us hanging and wondering

diana May 13, 2013 at 3:33 am

i t is great show it teaches what people and familys go througth how to work together and not to give up me and my family of 7 enjoys this show and teches my kids that can come to there parents with anything and we would be there for them without judgeing them
please bring show back this best family show i ever seened we all enjoy it

Ebony May 11, 2013 at 10:43 pm

I’m very upset that they canceled this show I never watchedit til this past week I really enjoyed it me and my man we would love to see an episode 5 please bring the show back on the air. I really don’t think it was right for us to go out like this they are one of the most caring and loving family that ive seen so PLEASE BRING THE SHOW BACK.
EBONY FROM NEW JERSEY!!!!!!!!!

Ashley Marie May 3, 2013 at 10:32 pm

I DEFINITLY think they should bring back Lincoln Heights. For one I don’t like how they left it hangin for a season five in the last episode of season four, don’tdo that if ur not going to follow through. And my siblings & I LOVE this show..I have 4 brothers & 3 sisters, we still get together to watch seasons 1-4 on demand. So I honestly think you(ABC family) should reconsider about doing a season 5

Meeh meeh May 3, 2013 at 12:06 pm

Love this show. Cant believe its off air. You dont know how much this show save lives and marragies. I love every moment of it. Wish you guys would bring it back but dont know why you took it off air. Dad your great with rules and job. You show a lot of passion. Same with you mom. You hold it down, for your family and job. I see you make the family calls but always ask dad for a second thoughts. Just like how a doc would think. Two love birde, i love you guys. Wish i had me a guy whos faithful and caring. Hes really special. I also love lizzy she kid of remind me of me. Im a middle child. She very sweet and care for others and always put others before her self. Iim the same way, lizzy. For tray, you just love to do your own thing. I see that you can get far but dont always pull back. Somebody wanna help let them. Too all thee others good ob and keep up the good work. half bro, your good watching kids i wish my big bro was like you, some how. Thank you to you all. It made my life see the world different. I hope who ever bring back the show. Its really a blessing and gift to see this. Please let me know whats going to happen. Thanks and God bless. Love you lizzy.