Lincoln Heights: ABC Family TV Series Cancelled, No Season Five

Lincoln HeightsIt looks like the story of the Sutton clan has come to an end. ABC Family has quietly decided to cancel Lincoln Heights after four seasons.

Lincoln Heights tells the story of Officer Eddie Sutton (Russell Hornsby) who moves his family back to his old neighborhood. Other castmembers include Erica Hubbard, Nikki Micheaux, Rhyon Brown, Mishon Ratliff, Robert Adamson, and Michael Reilly Burke.

The TV show debuted on January 8, 2007 and the first season was successful enough to warrant a renewal by March. At that point, it was one of the cable channel’s higher performers in the key demographics.

While announcing that the second season would kick off in September 2007, ABC Family President Paul Lee said, “We really think we have something unique here… The fact that it’s an African American family drama alone separates it from the crowd, but its terrific cast and superb writing also make it truly special and perfect for ABC Family.”

Should Lincoln Heights have been cancelled?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Following season two, it took several months for ABC Family to decide to bring Lincoln Heights back for a third round. They finally did and that kicked off in September 2008. The audience grew and the show became the cable channel’s top performer among Females 12-34 and Female teens. It didn’t take as long to renew the series for year four.

Season four kicked off in September 2009. It ended up being one of the channel’s weaker programs of 2009, being outperformed by other ABC Family shows, including cancelled Kyle XY.

No specific reason was given for the Lincoln Heights cancellation. However, though it’s been favored by some critics, the series has never been a big hit for the cable channel and has only been given 10 episode renewals each season.

What do you think? Are you upset or surprised that the series has been cancelled? Do you think the last episode of Lincoln Heights is a worthwhile series finale?

Jennifer July 27, 2013 at 9:44 pm

Please bring back Lincoln heights I love this show I just watched all the seasons again and I love start it back it will be like it never stopped in 2013 bring it back please we should all figure out a way we love it bring it back now!!!!!!!

Ranada July 26, 2013 at 1:21 pm

Im really in love with this show…..please Abc family bring it back i know Im late but better late then never….This show teaches not just black families how to communicate and deal with problems but all families of race… SO PLEASE BRING LINCOLN HEIGHTS BACK!!!!

Kitty July 24, 2013 at 1:52 pm

Please bring it back there has to be a season five I am like truly obsessed with the show I really loved it please oh please bring it back

Rosa July 21, 2013 at 7:50 pm

I believe they should come back with more seasons of Lincoln Heights because this is the only show that’s by far one of the greatest I’ve ever seen, It shows how in our everyday life what we go thew is not easy and it has Inspire me to want to do better in life. I must say out of all the shows I watch this is the only show that made me see life in a whole different level and it has also Inspire me to be come a cop. I really hope they come back with more seasons.

Jerome July 21, 2013 at 2:11 am

Please bring Lincoln heights this is my favorite episode Eddie sutton really inspired me f being a police I like the story of how Eddie move his family back to his old neighborhood where his mother have past trying to fix up the neighborhood I was so Disapointed how y’all goin end it like this leave me wondering what is goin happen to Charles and Casey are they going to get married are they ever goin to move to Hawaii together please bring it back coming from a 16 year old coming from sacramento I really hope y’all put it back on the air I really love this show my favorite outa all of them please put it back

Mary July 20, 2013 at 8:37 am

It was One of the best Shows I ever seen in life & it hurts to know its canceled! We need more !!! The show made me Cry, Laugh, Smile, Scream, Shout, ” Every Feeling! I want More

tationa July 20, 2013 at 6:59 pm

right yall aleays take the good shows off please put it back on air

Somebody July 19, 2013 at 5:00 pm

Yall need to bring it back !! At first i jut chise a random show on netflix , now I cant even look up !! Bring it back !!!! Please ?

Dee July 18, 2013 at 8:33 pm

I got hooked to the show right after the first episode. I laughed. I cried. It even inspired me enough to think about changing careers. I would love to see Lincoln Heights back for a 5th season. Definitely need to see Cassie & Charles get married. See Tay become a star. See Lizzie change the qoeld and see the parents being thw couple theyve always been. I can honestly say, Lincoln Heights is one of my favorite shows.

Dee July 18, 2013 at 8:34 pm

World*

Laura July 16, 2013 at 3:33 am

Please, bring back the show it has left me wanting to see more. I am wondering what’s happing with the rest of the family and I would like to watch Cassie an Charles actually get married and finish college.

Arleshia July 13, 2013 at 5:35 pm

Bring it back ! It shouldn’t just stop there … We would like to know how Lizzie turned out and tay .. Possibly more than 5 seasons … They should finish high school and Cassie can finish college ! Something !!!

krista cole July 13, 2013 at 3:37 pm

please bring lincoln height back, that show is awesome everyone in my household loves, it, an in the mean time, please play the reruns on abc family please, or make a dvd of all the seasons..

Anonymous July 10, 2013 at 9:07 pm

bring Lincoln heights back!!!!

Anonymous July 9, 2013 at 2:10 am

they need to make more seasons Lincoln heights shows you how important family is and how no matter what the problem is family is there to help you with it.

Monique July 7, 2013 at 8:36 pm

Bring it back please. It’s a great show. I hate that I didn’t become aware of it until after it had already been cancelled. Bring it back!

Luis July 3, 2013 at 2:08 am

Your crazy for not having a few more seasons , great family show all around , there needs to be more shows like this