Lincoln Heights: ABC Family TV Series Cancelled, No Season Five

Lincoln HeightsIt looks like the story of the Sutton clan has come to an end. ABC Family has quietly decided to cancel Lincoln Heights after four seasons.

Lincoln Heights tells the story of Officer Eddie Sutton (Russell Hornsby) who moves his family back to his old neighborhood. Other castmembers include Erica Hubbard, Nikki Micheaux, Rhyon Brown, Mishon Ratliff, Robert Adamson, and Michael Reilly Burke.

The TV show debuted on January 8, 2007 and the first season was successful enough to warrant a renewal by March. At that point, it was one of the cable channel’s higher performers in the key demographics.

While announcing that the second season would kick off in September 2007, ABC Family President Paul Lee said, “We really think we have something unique here… The fact that it’s an African American family drama alone separates it from the crowd, but its terrific cast and superb writing also make it truly special and perfect for ABC Family.”

Should Lincoln Heights have been cancelled?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Following season two, it took several months for ABC Family to decide to bring Lincoln Heights back for a third round. They finally did and that kicked off in September 2008. The audience grew and the show became the cable channel’s top performer among Females 12-34 and Female teens. It didn’t take as long to renew the series for year four.

Season four kicked off in September 2009. It ended up being one of the channel’s weaker programs of 2009, being outperformed by other ABC Family shows, including cancelled Kyle XY.

No specific reason was given for the Lincoln Heights cancellation. However, though it’s been favored by some critics, the series has never been a big hit for the cable channel and has only been given 10 episode renewals each season.

What do you think? Are you upset or surprised that the series has been cancelled? Do you think the last episode of Lincoln Heights is a worthwhile series finale?

Antonia December 14, 2013 at 8:04 pm

PLEASE Bring This AMAZING SHOW Back , It touches Alot of people & Learn from it ♥

KoyaB December 12, 2013 at 2:54 am

PLEASE BRING LINCOLN HEIGHTS BACK I LOVE THIS SHOW … IT WOULD BE GREAT TO FINISH OUT WITH A SEASON 6 I LOVE THIS SHOW I CAN NOT STOP WATCHING THIS !!!

PLEASE BRING THE SHOW BACK PLEASE!!!!!

trueyou2 December 9, 2013 at 9:48 pm

I use to watch this when it first came out. I hadn’t watched the last 2 seasons. Since my life had became heavily busy but now I am watching it on Netflix and I have 2 more episodes left. I wish they would have done a season 5. To give us real fans closure. ABC family is known for taking new great shows off just because they lost 10 percent of their viewers!!

Carmen December 1, 2013 at 2:29 am

Oh my gosh after watching seasons over & over again on Netflix seems like i just cant get enough of it! I am HOOKED! Please bring it back!!

beverlywhite November 29, 2013 at 9:44 pm

To start with age is a number I’m in my 60s and I have been watching the show from day one loved it should have came back its a shame they keep canceling all good shows sure did love that show

Mitch E November 18, 2013 at 2:07 am

I got stuck on this show one day after watching it on Netflix. Through all the ups & downs, sorrows & joys the fictional, yet beloved Sutton family has been through I have to say I loved the show and was very much hoping for a season 5 and disappointed not to see what happens to Tay’s music career, Cassie and Charles school & marriage, Eddie & Jen’s money and her sickness, as well as Nate. One thing positive I will say though is, being that everything ended at such a joyful point in the lives of the fictional Sutton family it did somewhat tell you what will happen next and I think urges the viewers to get up and think as well as do something positive with their lives. Furthermore I believe the cast of this awesome television series go on to make some big future roles. And I can’t wait to see what they all star in next, Great Work!!!

KWEST November 29, 2013 at 6:41 pm

I love the show please bring it back

ariana November 16, 2013 at 2:43 am

Please bring lincoln heights back its a pretty good show please bring it back

mo November 15, 2013 at 11:42 pm

I love this show when it was on you guys should totally bring it back it was awesome.

Trey November 13, 2013 at 2:14 pm

I too watched Lincoln Heights on Netflix… I loved it, but I feel like the season 4 finale gave alot of closure for the show… I don’t think much more than a follow up movie would be fitting or maybe just the producers filling us in on what would become of the Sutton family in the near and not so near future.

jessica November 13, 2013 at 11:37 am

Never really watched ABC network shows but after watching Lincoln Heights on Netflix I saw they could make really good television. So sad they canceled this show. Great mix of drama and reality. ABC had made a huge mistake canceling this show.

isamar November 11, 2013 at 12:22 am

Lincoln Heights needs to come back on!
Ive been watching it on netflix and im hooked!!
bring it back!! please

mary November 10, 2013 at 9:09 pm

Lincoln Heights needs to come back on how could you just up and cancel it .. you cant just end it how you did ..I’ve watched every episode on Netflix and want to watch the rest Bring Back Lincoln Heights

Brandi October 30, 2013 at 1:19 am

This series needs to come back on the air! I’ve been watching it on Netflix, and I just can’t get enough. This show needs to come back.

peggy bishop October 25, 2013 at 1:17 am

Yes they need to bring lincoln heights back at least for season 5

Silas October 23, 2013 at 9:43 am

Abc really needs to bring this show back. I really love this show! I don’t care if it’s just a two hour reunion, just bring it back ASAP! I like to see Charles and Cassie married and have a kid together. Lizxie graduate from high school and be with Andrew. Ty be a senior in high school and hopefully get a girlfriend. More storyline about Stiage and Eddie and his wife, Jenn.

Just need to find a way to let ABC/Disney that we want Lincoln Height s back.

Simone MoreyGreer October 31, 2013 at 1:56 am

Please bring it back…I cried I laughed it changed me and my kids and made us so much more positive and gave us more blessings. If yoi don’t bring it back..your letting down a large crowd.