Lincoln Heights: ABC Family TV Series Cancelled, No Season Five

Lincoln HeightsIt looks like the story of the Sutton clan has come to an end. ABC Family has quietly decided to cancel Lincoln Heights after four seasons.

Lincoln Heights tells the story of Officer Eddie Sutton (Russell Hornsby) who moves his family back to his old neighborhood. Other castmembers include Erica Hubbard, Nikki Micheaux, Rhyon Brown, Mishon Ratliff, Robert Adamson, and Michael Reilly Burke.

The TV show debuted on January 8, 2007 and the first season was successful enough to warrant a renewal by March. At that point, it was one of the cable channel’s higher performers in the key demographics.

While announcing that the second season would kick off in September 2007, ABC Family President Paul Lee said, “We really think we have something unique here… The fact that it’s an African American family drama alone separates it from the crowd, but its terrific cast and superb writing also make it truly special and perfect for ABC Family.”

Should Lincoln Heights have been cancelled?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Following season two, it took several months for ABC Family to decide to bring Lincoln Heights back for a third round. They finally did and that kicked off in September 2008. The audience grew and the show became the cable channel’s top performer among Females 12-34 and Female teens. It didn’t take as long to renew the series for year four.

Season four kicked off in September 2009. It ended up being one of the channel’s weaker programs of 2009, being outperformed by other ABC Family shows, including cancelled Kyle XY.

No specific reason was given for the Lincoln Heights cancellation. However, though it’s been favored by some critics, the series has never been a big hit for the cable channel and has only been given 10 episode renewals each season.

What do you think? Are you upset or surprised that the series has been cancelled? Do you think the last episode of Lincoln Heights is a worthwhile series finale?

Joyce January 4, 2014 at 6:44 pm

I’m a workaholic and really idn’t have time to watch tv…but since I’ve slowed down working…I asked numerous family/friends…what was a good sitcom to watch and they all stated “Lincoln Heights”…so I watched all the episodes on netflix and couldn’t take my eyes off it…I enjoyed it completely and wants to know what happened to Cassie/Charles after they graduated…did Charles and his dad get closer…did Lizzie and her new friend become more than just friends…what happened with Tay music…..did Nat Ray get the help he seeked….Did Eddie become Sargeant…did Jen go back to to become a doctor…Too many questions and not enough answers…..the series was too good to just dropp off the network…BET will take then I know…Black Entertainment Television!!!…PLEASE COME BACK…..you won’t regret it!!!

Michele January 3, 2014 at 11:38 am

Bring it back. It was not the right way to end Lincole Heights. What happens next? It’s almost like a cliff hanger ending. Bummer that such a good show couldn’t at least give us worthy ending. I want to know what happens to the family.

Krystal Shackelford January 2, 2014 at 12:18 pm

I just got done wacthing the series on netflex and it upset me to find out the series ended with cassidy and charles getting married i almsost. Sarted crying

Anonymous January 2, 2014 at 12:17 pm

Yes please bring the show back with the same cast

Kyle Pesta December 30, 2013 at 11:23 pm

Yes bring the show back it was amazing

Loveslincoln December 30, 2013 at 12:54 am

Please please bring this show back. This was an amazing positive show. The way it ended has me on edge and when I googled about when season 5 would air and saw it had been cancelled I was crushed. Boooooooooooo

Anonymous December 29, 2013 at 5:31 pm

Just finished watching all the shows on Netflix and I loved each and every one this shoe is powerful with alot of meaning and lessons they should really reconsider making another season I hate not knowing what could of happened next please please bring the show back please

Anonymous December 30, 2013 at 5:54 pm

Me too

Anonymous December 30, 2013 at 10:57 pm

Me too Love it

Bianca December 28, 2013 at 11:29 pm

I just watched all the seasons on netflix, please at least make a season five.

Mona Lisa December 26, 2013 at 1:29 pm

Wow I literrally just got done watching like all the seasons on netflix…..Truly love this show.Wish it would come back on like seriously.

martin harris December 23, 2013 at 8:49 am

This show was one of my best shows! I watch it all the time and now since I can’t find out what’s going to happen it leaves a great big ditch in the story….this is one of the greatest shows t.v has to offer

infiniti December 20, 2013 at 1:18 am

Lincoln Heights was the best after the last episode of season 4 I cried because it was over it’s the best show it needs to come on pleaseeee

Rosalyn King December 19, 2013 at 10:26 am

I really enjoyed the show and I wish that they would bring it back. It was a positive story line for the world today. I would love to see more.

Maria December 17, 2013 at 11:10 pm

I love this show I wish it could come back again on air and be about what have happen to charles and cassie and tray and lizzy and eddie and jen I love it please you guys have to convince them

Shelly December 17, 2013 at 9:10 am

I love Lincoln Heights. I watched all four seasons and it really needs to come back. Please!!!!

Kathleen December 16, 2013 at 11:40 am

Unlike other followers, I just watched four seasons of this show in a couple of days. This show is great and has positive messages all around. I wish the show would come back. Please!