Lincoln Heights: ABC Family TV Series Cancelled, No Season Five

Lincoln HeightsIt looks like the story of the Sutton clan has come to an end. ABC Family has quietly decided to cancel Lincoln Heights after four seasons.

Lincoln Heights tells the story of Officer Eddie Sutton (Russell Hornsby) who moves his family back to his old neighborhood. Other castmembers include Erica Hubbard, Nikki Micheaux, Rhyon Brown, Mishon Ratliff, Robert Adamson, and Michael Reilly Burke.

The TV show debuted on January 8, 2007 and the first season was successful enough to warrant a renewal by March. At that point, it was one of the cable channel’s higher performers in the key demographics.

While announcing that the second season would kick off in September 2007, ABC Family President Paul Lee said, “We really think we have something unique here… The fact that it’s an African American family drama alone separates it from the crowd, but its terrific cast and superb writing also make it truly special and perfect for ABC Family.”

Should Lincoln Heights have been cancelled?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Following season two, it took several months for ABC Family to decide to bring Lincoln Heights back for a third round. They finally did and that kicked off in September 2008. The audience grew and the show became the cable channel’s top performer among Females 12-34 and Female teens. It didn’t take as long to renew the series for year four.

Season four kicked off in September 2009. It ended up being one of the channel’s weaker programs of 2009, being outperformed by other ABC Family shows, including cancelled Kyle XY.

No specific reason was given for the Lincoln Heights cancellation. However, though it’s been favored by some critics, the series has never been a big hit for the cable channel and has only been given 10 episode renewals each season.

What do you think? Are you upset or surprised that the series has been cancelled? Do you think the last episode of Lincoln Heights is a worthwhile series finale?

Lashanda shephard January 11, 2014 at 10:43 am

It have many other tv shows that they could’ve cancelled. Lincoln heights is the type of tv show that we need to see because its based on things some or most of us go threw are have been threw. You know when you watching something good that you can relate to is when you get chills are you cry. Because then you know you not the onlt one that’s going through it or been through it you know you’re not along. This tv show inspires me in so many ways. I believe this tv show is one of the reasons I can even keep going in life because on the show even thought they been through alot they still managed to be a family, love, take care, and look out for one another. If it was up to me I would fight to get the show back on tv and if I knew people like they know people such as the higher people I love this show it tells story, save life’s , and help others to want to better them self. This is one tv show and you won’t find another like it are better then it. I pray to god that they bring back the tv show because I feel I’m nothing without it.

Pam January 11, 2014 at 1:59 am

Please bring it back,I watched all the episodes on Netflix in a matter of a month or so. I’m hooked and I want to keep watching….pleas bring it back !!

dinnetzy January 10, 2014 at 8:53 am

I really wish they could bring back another season of lincoln heights. That tv serues is amazing. It is a great family show and i know i alot of people that were uoset to hear that there wont be another season. The Sutton family is amazing, they actually show what a real family is and to always be there for one another. Alot of people can actually learn a lesson from watching this show. It teaches families that no matter how angry you are with each other no matter what they will always stick by each others sides. Thats what you call a family. I hope they can bringthis tv series back, it has inspired alot of people i know. #lincolnheights

Shelly Guitard January 9, 2014 at 9:27 pm

Please bring it back, my husband and I don’t like the same shows, but this one we watch together. It is good tv, no filth, no cussing and good family morals. They take a good show like Lincoln Heights and we are left with Honey Boo Boo, and other stupid reality tv shows. Please reconsider and bring this show back.

alicia January 9, 2014 at 9:52 am

Bring it back its a good t.v show

Anon January 9, 2014 at 7:06 am

The only black television series that wasn’t terrible like all the ones we have now and they cancelled it! I would religiously watch this show! It was my fav.

Thatiane January 9, 2014 at 5:05 am

I just finished watching season 4, and can not believe there will not be season 5 … Not cool :(

sam January 8, 2014 at 5:43 am

Bring it back please

Kady January 8, 2014 at 1:20 am

This show is beyond reality of how the world is even today. It definitely needs to brought back for a fifth season and just continue to grow. its a show to relate to in all aspects of life!

Keljon Byrd January 6, 2014 at 5:27 pm

Abc needs to start showing Lincoln Heights
again that show mad me want to be a police
Officer

lara Morrison January 6, 2014 at 2:14 am

Very upset the series was cancelled one of the best shows I have ever watched. I just finished the series on netflix because I had missed episodes along the way. Both me and my kid are disappointed that its over was just starting to get better and better

carter January 5, 2014 at 9:23 pm

Please bring back lincoln heights I watched it every night on Netflix!

Mike January 5, 2014 at 11:50 am

Lincoln Heights was one of the best shows I’ve ever seen. It had awesome messages for real life situations. It needs to come back! Season five was something I was really looking forward to. Please bring it back!

Whitney Stelter January 5, 2014 at 10:28 am

Please make more episodes of Lincoln heights. I love this show! :))

Joyce January 4, 2014 at 6:48 pm

Can we as fans start a pettition to get them back? What needs to be done to get this started?