Lincoln Heights: ABC Family TV Series Cancelled, No Season Five

Lincoln HeightsIt looks like the story of the Sutton clan has come to an end. ABC Family has quietly decided to cancel Lincoln Heights after four seasons.

Lincoln Heights tells the story of Officer Eddie Sutton (Russell Hornsby) who moves his family back to his old neighborhood. Other castmembers include Erica Hubbard, Nikki Micheaux, Rhyon Brown, Mishon Ratliff, Robert Adamson, and Michael Reilly Burke.

The TV show debuted on January 8, 2007 and the first season was successful enough to warrant a renewal by March. At that point, it was one of the cable channel’s higher performers in the key demographics.

While announcing that the second season would kick off in September 2007, ABC Family President Paul Lee said, “We really think we have something unique here… The fact that it’s an African American family drama alone separates it from the crowd, but its terrific cast and superb writing also make it truly special and perfect for ABC Family.”

Should Lincoln Heights have been cancelled?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Following season two, it took several months for ABC Family to decide to bring Lincoln Heights back for a third round. They finally did and that kicked off in September 2008. The audience grew and the show became the cable channel’s top performer among Females 12-34 and Female teens. It didn’t take as long to renew the series for year four.

Season four kicked off in September 2009. It ended up being one of the channel’s weaker programs of 2009, being outperformed by other ABC Family shows, including cancelled Kyle XY.

No specific reason was given for the Lincoln Heights cancellation. However, though it’s been favored by some critics, the series has never been a big hit for the cable channel and has only been given 10 episode renewals each season.

What do you think? Are you upset or surprised that the series has been cancelled? Do you think the last episode of Lincoln Heights is a worthwhile series finale?

Anonymous January 21, 2014 at 2:36 am

They should really bring it back!!! It is an amazing tv series!!!!!!!

shelbrina harris January 20, 2014 at 5:59 pm

I’m On The Last Episode As Of Now And I Think It Is A Very Good Show And That They Should Definitely Bring It Back!

Sandra Ivy January 20, 2014 at 4:17 pm

Bring it back!!!!

Sandra Ivy January 20, 2014 at 4:16 pm

Just finished the series o carly Netflix. Loved it!! Please bring back the show. I need closure! Please give a 2 hour show and wrap it up. Don’t leave us all hanging, Geez!!!

Allie January 19, 2014 at 10:49 pm

Really upset they cancelled it. Just started watching it on Netflix and I thought it was a really good show. I’m upset I won’t be able to see the ending of the series. Wish they would bring it back

cavelus Oscar January 18, 2014 at 10:46 am

I just finished watching all 43 episode on Netflix. And I love it it put tears in my eyes. It’s a cool show hope you guys could bring it back.

natashia January 18, 2014 at 12:41 am

Bring it back!!!!

crystal January 17, 2014 at 9:35 pm

Omg I just watched all the series I am sorry I did not catch this show on TV please bring this show back ! The show shows how a community can come together and how a man shows love for his entire family

Kinsey January 17, 2014 at 1:12 pm

I wish they would bring it back just finished watching all 43 episodes and I would love to see more

Tessa January 17, 2014 at 10:47 am

I really got into that show they need a season 5 to many unanswered questions

Reggie January 17, 2014 at 12:12 am

Lincoln heights was awesome. It needs to be un-cancelled and the last episode was sad but it wasn’t a good enough ending because what about Lizzy play or what her sister and boyfriend are gonna end up and Ty music. They need to un-cancel it.

misserenity044@gmail.com January 15, 2014 at 9:54 pm

Can y’all bring back Lincoln heights its the best show ever

Lyric January 15, 2014 at 9:52 pm

Lincoln Heights was a good show. I hate that they cancelled it. I wish they would bring it back.

Yasmin January 12, 2014 at 10:19 pm

Please bring Lincoln Heights back.. we deserve a better season finally! It was such
A great show. They set an example of how a community should be united!
I wish abc would take our comments into consideration.

kristen January 11, 2014 at 4:40 pm

Omg this sucks this was such a great series and keeps canceling all the good series .I’m so upset please being it back this was a great series and can help alot of people. So upset