Lincoln Heights: ABC Family TV Series Cancelled, No Season Five

Lincoln HeightsIt looks like the story of the Sutton clan has come to an end. ABC Family has quietly decided to cancel Lincoln Heights after four seasons.

Lincoln Heights tells the story of Officer Eddie Sutton (Russell Hornsby) who moves his family back to his old neighborhood. Other castmembers include Erica Hubbard, Nikki Micheaux, Rhyon Brown, Mishon Ratliff, Robert Adamson, and Michael Reilly Burke.

The TV show debuted on January 8, 2007 and the first season was successful enough to warrant a renewal by March. At that point, it was one of the cable channel’s higher performers in the key demographics.

While announcing that the second season would kick off in September 2007, ABC Family President Paul Lee said, “We really think we have something unique here… The fact that it’s an African American family drama alone separates it from the crowd, but its terrific cast and superb writing also make it truly special and perfect for ABC Family.”

Should Lincoln Heights have been cancelled?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Following season two, it took several months for ABC Family to decide to bring Lincoln Heights back for a third round. They finally did and that kicked off in September 2008. The audience grew and the show became the cable channel’s top performer among Females 12-34 and Female teens. It didn’t take as long to renew the series for year four.

Season four kicked off in September 2009. It ended up being one of the channel’s weaker programs of 2009, being outperformed by other ABC Family shows, including cancelled Kyle XY.

No specific reason was given for the Lincoln Heights cancellation. However, though it’s been favored by some critics, the series has never been a big hit for the cable channel and has only been given 10 episode renewals each season.

What do you think? Are you upset or surprised that the series has been cancelled? Do you think the last episode of Lincoln Heights is a worthwhile series finale?

Canceled and renewed TV show

1,546 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. Anonymous says

I love this show…. it’s a positive look the black community showing that we too fite for more than streets n colors!! Bring it back!!!

• Christopher wright says

My family and myself are talking about this show Linclon heights all the time how proud we are of the topics that this show brings to TV. Hey! People how can we bring this show back with new episodes, I would like Netflix to bring it back as a new tv series. What do you think ,can Netflix do it .

2. Brittany says

Lincoln Heights has helped bring our world to light. As a melting pot of the U.S.A it really brings to light the mix that we live in. It brings personal, public, and family issues to the table;and, has not only helped our country become less racial towards eachother, but also has helped the people to understand there are good people, and that people can change. Bring it back. Now.

3. Mr. Wright says

I am a father and Lincoln heights is just the typ of show, I would like my kids watching . I am now looking at this show on Netflix with my kids. I wish netflix would pick it up let us pray.

4. kassandra says

I AM VERY UPSET I RECENTLY STARTED WATCHING THIS SHOW ON NETFLIX. TODAY I ACTUALLY FINISHED SEASON FOUR AND NO THAT LAST EPISODE SHOULD HAVE NOT BEEN THE LAST ONE. THIS SHOW IS REALLY INSPIRING WITH A BEAUTIFUL STORY LINE. THE SUTTON FAMILY IS A ******* AWESOME FAMILY THAT DEFINITELY DESERVES ANOTHER SEASON! ABC FAMILY MADE A HARSH, DEVASTATING, HEART BREAKING MOVE CANCELLING THIS SHOW. WE DIDNT EVEN GET TO SEE LIZZY DO THE ******* PLAY RIGHT WHEN THEY GOT OFPERMISSION TO FINALLY HAVE THE SHOW BACK ON. ABC FAMILY IS FULL OF FALSE PROMISES, I AM SO DISAPPOINTED. #WEWANTTHESUTTONSBACK #SIGNEDTHEPEOPLEWITHMORALS

• Lavon says

yeah I’m with you, I watched the 4 episodes on Netflix and it was off the chain. They need to continue this show I wanna know what happens with Charles and Cassie!!!!

5. Tyiana Cotharn says

Please don’t Give thiSss show up I Love it and itss Sets a Good example For Usee people so Just think about airinG it AGian that Would be Awesome…..

6. says

Hey my name is Corey Coleman and Lincoln heights is my favorite TV show in the world. I feel there should be a season five me and my family have been waiting on it for ever and now that it is not showing no more we feel that this is disappointing and we would love if you all could possibly reconsider making a season 5 because we really love it and is very special to me and my family. we would pay anything to see this. we love this show so much it is a unique TV show it shows good time ,bad times the struggle and also fun times . It also shows good and bad relation ships with people in their community. the main objective of this TV show is for one family to get their community right like take all the thugs and gang banger off the streets and i feel that they have not finish what they wanted to do to their community so i think that’s what season five should be about and at the end of the series the community should be good no problems worried about and it should answer all the question that are left from season 4. I’m saying all of this to say please if you could make a season five that will be thankful.

7. says

Hey my name is Corey Coleman and this is my favorite TV show in the world. I feel there should be a season five me and my family have been waiting on it for ever and now that it is not showing no more we feel that this is disappointing and we would love if you all could possibly reconsider making a season 5 because we really love it and is very special to me and my family. we would pay anything to see this. we love this show so much it is a unique TV show it shows good time ,bad times the struggle and also fun times . It also shows good and bad relation ships with people in their community. the main objective of this TV show is for one family to get their community right like take all the thugs and gang banger off the streets and i feel that they have not finish what they wanted to do to their community so i think that’s what season five should be about and at the end of the series the community should be good no problems worried about and it should answer all the question that are left from season 4. I’m saying all of this to say please if you could make a season five that will be thankful.

8. Aerion says

I recently just started watching this show on Netflix, and I must say, I cannot stop watching it!!! I love it, I really think it should be brought back because it shows that with effort and a lot of patience and hard work, if we come together as one and not just think of ourselves, we can make a difference in this world.

9. William martinez says

Ithink they should keep making more seasons of lincoln heights beacause it shows alot of courage and that if people fight for a better world gangs and crime will end little by little when I first saw this show it made me realize alot of stuff that every family goes thru alot of stuff but with the love of your famil and support everything could be done I wanna study criminal justice to be a Chicago police officer and this show teached me alot of things I truly wish their can be more seasons why did it got cancelled its anawesome show that neefs to be back on they should cancelled all does show that are about gangs and crimes so please put this show back on make season 5,6,7,8,9,10 this truly is an amazing show…

10. john says

I really think that this show Lincoln heights should be brought back on its really a great show I loved watching it and miss it to

11. Delilah says

I watched this when it was on abc family snd watched all episodes on netflix. Abc family needs to bring them all back snd show more. This show says something unlike the shows they r airing now. I really wanna know how to contact abc family and tell them what i yhink. If i find a way to contact them ill share with you all. Maybe if they get alot of letters they will get together eith the stars n make another season!