Lincoln Heights: ABC Family TV Series Cancelled, No Season Five

Lincoln HeightsIt looks like the story of the Sutton clan has come to an end. ABC Family has quietly decided to cancel Lincoln Heights after four seasons.

Lincoln Heights tells the story of Officer Eddie Sutton (Russell Hornsby) who moves his family back to his old neighborhood. Other castmembers include Erica Hubbard, Nikki Micheaux, Rhyon Brown, Mishon Ratliff, Robert Adamson, and Michael Reilly Burke.

The TV show debuted on January 8, 2007 and the first season was successful enough to warrant a renewal by March. At that point, it was one of the cable channel’s higher performers in the key demographics.

While announcing that the second season would kick off in September 2007, ABC Family President Paul Lee said, “We really think we have something unique here… The fact that it’s an African American family drama alone separates it from the crowd, but its terrific cast and superb writing also make it truly special and perfect for ABC Family.”

Should Lincoln Heights have been cancelled?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Following season two, it took several months for ABC Family to decide to bring Lincoln Heights back for a third round. They finally did and that kicked off in September 2008. The audience grew and the show became the cable channel’s top performer among Females 12-34 and Female teens. It didn’t take as long to renew the series for year four.

Season four kicked off in September 2009. It ended up being one of the channel’s weaker programs of 2009, being outperformed by other ABC Family shows, including cancelled Kyle XY.

No specific reason was given for the Lincoln Heights cancellation. However, though it’s been favored by some critics, the series has never been a big hit for the cable channel and has only been given 10 episode renewals each season.

What do you think? Are you upset or surprised that the series has been cancelled? Do you think the last episode of Lincoln Heights is a worthwhile series finale?

Canceled and renewed TV show

1,547 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. rick says

why,you guy better change your mind about ending lincoln hights. my kids was really learning from this show….pretty please. make the next season.

2. Jennifer says

Love this show! 2014 still watching it. Please bring this back!! I need to knoe how this show ends and ehere they all end up!

3. Gregory says

Are you joking that show has taking me off of playing my video games to learn some thing the show must go on 98% out weigh the 2% keep the show going its an amazing show watched all four seasons every episode you have to bring it back just like terra nova

4. Denisse says

You have to bring back this show it’s amazing how this show can make a difference in teens and adults as well. Lincoln heights caught my attention the moment I began watching not only did it teach me a few lessons but kept me interested and gave me different points of views and I think this world could use some of that . Please bring this phenomenal show back.

5. beto says

BRING THE SHOW BACK!! i wanna see the season finale of them grown up and how life is after they are older! do they die? WE GOTTA KNOW! you can’t just start a show and now make a finale for it.

i’d like to be in it too, because this show makes a difference.

6. mr.robinson says

Bring the show back because it teaches alot of good points in life for the kids as there growing up it has a lot of realism and real life situations that teach the youth and it is a great show that should have never been cancelled my family in a lot of other families love the show if I had money to fund a show I sure would have done it….

7. THE BIGEST FAN says

I ALL WAY WACH THAT SHOW ON NETFLICK IT TOOK ME A WHOLE TWO DADS PLEASEEEEEEEEEE BRING THAT SHOW BACK (TEARSS)

8. THE BIGEST FAN says

UMMM THIS SHOULD NOT BEEN CANDELL BECAUSE BECAUSE I KNOW ITS 2014 AND I STILL WATCH THE SHOW IM A BIGGEST FAN IN THE WORLD THEN ADD ME ON FACEBOOK TANISHAGLEESON\SHAVONNACANADA\SHAVONNA PRETTYNPAID CANADA BUT ADD ME ON ANY ONE OF THEOSE PAGES THANK YOU AND I WISH THEY WOULDE NEVA CANDELLA THE SHOW

9. brianne says

I caught Lincoln heights on net flix
    …the show was so amazing that it only took me two weeks to
    finish all for seasons..please bring the show back…