Lincoln Heights: ABC Family TV Series Cancelled, No Season Five

Lincoln HeightsIt looks like the story of the Sutton clan has come to an end. ABC Family has quietly decided to cancel Lincoln Heights after four seasons.

Lincoln Heights tells the story of Officer Eddie Sutton (Russell Hornsby) who moves his family back to his old neighborhood. Other castmembers include Erica Hubbard, Nikki Micheaux, Rhyon Brown, Mishon Ratliff, Robert Adamson, and Michael Reilly Burke.

The TV show debuted on January 8, 2007 and the first season was successful enough to warrant a renewal by March. At that point, it was one of the cable channel’s higher performers in the key demographics.

While announcing that the second season would kick off in September 2007, ABC Family President Paul Lee said, “We really think we have something unique here… The fact that it’s an African American family drama alone separates it from the crowd, but its terrific cast and superb writing also make it truly special and perfect for ABC Family.”

Should Lincoln Heights have been cancelled?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Following season two, it took several months for ABC Family to decide to bring Lincoln Heights back for a third round. They finally did and that kicked off in September 2008. The audience grew and the show became the cable channel’s top performer among Females 12-34 and Female teens. It didn’t take as long to renew the series for year four.

Season four kicked off in September 2009. It ended up being one of the channel’s weaker programs of 2009, being outperformed by other ABC Family shows, including cancelled Kyle XY.

No specific reason was given for the Lincoln Heights cancellation. However, though it’s been favored by some critics, the series has never been a big hit for the cable channel and has only been given 10 episode renewals each season.

What do you think? Are you upset or surprised that the series has been cancelled? Do you think the last episode of Lincoln Heights is a worthwhile series finale?

Teresse August 13, 2014 at 1:37 pm

Please bring Lincoln Heights back, this show was incredible. I wish the show was advertised better because I knew nothing about it. Up until 2yrs ago. I’m on the edge of my seat every episode. I have Netflix on my phone and I’m even at work on my lunch break watching it. Please bring it back, executive producers. A lot of the situations that you all televised or/an writing about for the show, is everyday life. I mean almost every episode was near and dear close to home. Please please Bring the Suttons back.

Zara August 12, 2014 at 12:45 pm

I’ve been watching this show on netflix and I’m currently on season 3. This show is unique and amazing. I don’t understand why it was canceled. It would be great if this show was still on abc family especially with the fosters. Both shows are amazing and diverse.

abby August 12, 2014 at 1:30 am

I really hate watching shows so great like this and I get to the last episode just to find out there will be no more Lincoln heights its a great show with true day to day living circumstances its great for kids to watch and learn instead of other junk on tv.

Bring back Lincoln heights

Mel August 10, 2014 at 10:35 pm

Terribly upset this series has been cancelled. Why take away good TV? This show was real and true and a great story behind it. Please bring back a season five even after the gap in episodes. So many people will be happy! Not much good on TV these days please don’t keep this series return waiting much longer. Bring back good TV!!!

Matthew Spruell August 10, 2014 at 1:58 am

Man, that show was so sad at some points and some werehappy but I really just want it back on it was my #1 TV show that I watched on netflix please think about putting the show back on the air PLEASE

Brooke August 5, 2014 at 1:54 am

I watched all 4 seasons of Lincoln Heights and I find it stupid that it got cancelled. So many people loved it and it’s an amazing show! It’s not like all the other shows that are out. If I had a say in it, I would tell people to turn the show back on!

sade August 4, 2014 at 8:02 pm

I love the show. So sad to know that it was canceled. Please bring it back. Compared to all these reality TV shows. I rather watch this. This show is what we need instead of love n hip hop and etc.

Diamond Martin August 4, 2014 at 7:53 am

I feel Lincoln heights was a great show. Bring the show back

Toya July 31, 2014 at 3:04 pm

Has been watching it on Nexflex and I love it need to bring it back to cable with season 5 it just left you wondering please bring back to Tv

Ebony July 30, 2014 at 9:42 pm

I LOVED the series!! I wish it hadn’t canceled. I wish ABC Family would reconsider & bring the series back.

Kayla July 28, 2014 at 1:45 pm

I am very upset that it is cancelled it was an awesome tv show! Had me very hooked! Please bring it back!!!!!

Kiesha July 26, 2014 at 9:48 pm

I really think you guys suck cancelling Lincoln height Season 5 cause the last episode wasn’t not a good season finale! please bring the show back I know its been years but. this is a Great SHOW!!

Dylan July 26, 2014 at 8:24 pm

Im madly upset that the canceled season 5 it was one of my favorite tv series

jessenia July 26, 2014 at 1:03 am

Love the show. hubby and I started watching it on Netflix, and now we are sad we are almost done with it. Now, some are not good actors, but the show has a enough good actors to even it out. I wish the show was better advertised. good show

Daniel July 25, 2014 at 11:33 am

Dear scheduling executives,
I watched all four seasons of Lincoln Heights this pass weekend, the best t.v. series I have watched since the Cosby Show. Did not know the show was canceled until now. I was glued to the seat in my living room. The show, writing, and acting was outstanding, I really enjoyed every episode. This is what is defined as quality TV. Please find a way to make more TV episodes, the kind of tv this country needs.